Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco gives workers body cams because the UK is out of control

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

I read previously that they were to be offered to staff if they wanted them.Most likely Huawei cameras.Wil be needed in certain areas

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

A lot of crime here has essentially been legalised by over a decade of comically catastrophic Tory mis-government. Police don't even turn up for a lot of things now, even when there's clear evidence to be had. They've gutted the courts, legal aid and the police force. We lost 20,000 officers a decade ago and at the last election, they pledged to recruit less than 20,000 and the media didn't call them out on it.

Fair play to Tesco for taking some action. The bodycams are likely to serve as more of a deterrent than an evidence-gathering tool, sadly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Not just the UK but in many western countries we've created societies where it seems thugs and thieves are only the way they are because they are somehow themselves victims of society.

Ergo ever less punishment.

It's never going to work. There needs to be serious consequences for all sorts of crime and there just isn't anymore.

The consequences are everywhere to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

There's something afoot across society.

If not directly witnessing it, most people must be aware of it.

There are just too many emerging similarities between the same few countries.

Hindsight will make it clear, so I suppose we'll just wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

.j

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

In Dublin tourists are going to be getting body cams at the airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

It's difficult to pinpoint, but as said elsewhere, I've never seen such a divide between government action and societys needs.

It has created resentment and anger. Haywire and misdirected at first, the more deprived naturally acting out first, accompanied by the growing grumbling of the more restrained.

But that growing negative energy is going to be unified and channelled sooner than later.

Every little bit adds up, even small stories like the need for shop workers to wear protective cameras is a symptom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

They already wear bodycams in the mini tesco in spencer dock in Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

It's not the cost of living that's driving these attacks and brazen shoplifting

It's partly addiction , criminality and thuggery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭GSBellew

It's ok, national slow down day and more penalty points will fix everything 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hah. I remember not long after joining AGS before 2010, they got AFIS and it was all the talk. Finally, automatic fingerprint taking! The same year I went to Orlando and I had to empty my pockets of stuff before going on a roller coaster. The lockers had fingerprint locks...

Now Tesco workers in the UK are getting bodycams before AGS in Ireland... This country is run by idiots. Also, takes a certain type of scum to attack retail workers.

Advertisement