Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2023 Mentored Novices Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey T-bird welcome along!

Sorry to hear about Longford. My friend also had a tough time at longford as well and she's a very experienced runner with several marathons under her belt so I think just sometimes there are bad days at the office.

Are you sure about the max distances per week you were doing? I'm doing HH intermediate 1, which is less intense than HH intermediate 2 and I have over 66K this week, tops out at 71K next week. (maybe you mean miles?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Thanks @witnessmenow, I'll put it so bad day in office, I do get them now and again and take it as part of the jaunt.

The distances vary depending on the plan to be honest. I seemed to be hitting around 200k / month and just averaged it out to 50. I'll just follow what ever is on the Boards plan and go with that. The only concern I have is the planed long run for this weekend. Id like to know thoughts on if its ok to do the 19 miles after last weekends marathon and at what pace if I should do it.

It certainly something that worries me too, that you can put in all this training but if you just have an off day, maybe your not feeling well or even just not feeling it (we've all had days like this im sure) there really isn't much you can do.

It's one of the reasons I'm so focused on hitting every session as per the plan, I'll have felt I've done all I can at that point and whatever happens on the day will happen. Maybe I could have picked a different plan, but I couldn't have tried any harder with the plan I did pick.

Not an expert, but I would think 19 miles a week after your first marathon is too long of a run. I assume your still fairly feeling it?

Agreed, I'm feeling it a bit, I did a 5k recovery run on the Monday and a varied steady/easy/hard 10k on the Wednesday and a 5k recovery during lunchtime today. I might just change those 19 miles to km's and maybe reduce it a bit and start properly @ week 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

Great to have you with us T-Bird. So for this weekend, considering you walked quite a bit of the marathon then you should be able for a long slow run. It does need to be very slow and I would suggest some walk breaks if you need them as your body will still need a bit of recovery. I would not suggest you do the full 20 miles (32K) but somewhere between 16 miles and 18 miles (25k to 29K) and on the shorter end rather than the longer end. This is just to make sure that you are ok and that you do not put too much stress on your body straight after Longford.

• Advertisement

So, you should not be doing any hard running at the moment. You've in recovery and all your runs should be easy for the moment. No issue if you want to cut the LSR down further but during the week everything should be easy for you for the moment.

Thanks, I will do an easy LSR over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MiniMonstera

Hey all!

Haven't posted due to hols/ back to school etc but reading every day and keeping abreast of everyone's progress!

Can't believe it's been two weeks since the FD 10 miler, seems like yesyerday. Where is the time going? Also can't believe we're heading into Week 11.

I missed the Week 9 update as I was in Waterford. The week was a mix of stress and fun, getting organised to get down there, then managing the 3 kids and squeezing in the runs. It led to me to not being able to do the LSR on the Saturday, but I did try and keep up the mileage by doing 2 runs in that day (I know it's not the same but better than nowt). just the logistics of where to go for that distance in unknown territory and then leaving the family for 3+ hours just wasn't workable. Anyway still got 6 runs in for a total of 56.6 hours and holding my pace steady (7.15 to 7.30 Easy). the scenery in Ardmore water breathtaking. A pure pleasure to run there.

In hindsight and with advice on here (thanks for all input), I did FD too ambitiously, but the great thing was I bounced back in jig time, presumably due to all the training under my belt. I was a solid 2 weeks recovering from the May 5km in Leixlip (went all out at that too).

Kids went back to school on Thurs and have been a nightmare since. Hoping their routines kicks into full swing next week.

Dis Lsr today and happy with how it went. Tired now though so hitting the sack soon. More on how it went tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing mighty! 😉

Week 10

Planned: 6.5K | 13K | 6.5K | Rest | 13k @ MP | 27.5k |Cross

Actual: 7K | 13K | 7K | Rest | 13k @ MP | 27.5k |5k walk

67k for the week, another weekly most and a though week after last week's half!

Legs were still very tired at the start of the week but with the few Epson salt baths and lots of massage gun I was able to get out to do what was in plan.

The end of the long run my legs were tired, but I could have kept going if I needed, the route was only 17 miles so I even did a little bit extra to do the 27.5k, plus I walked a couple of K before hand to meet the group as I don't have my car this week, so I wasn't worried about rounding up.

Pace was ok, although the Long run probably should have been slower

Next week is most K I'll be doing in a week for training (71km) , the only other first left will be the 20mile run that happens in 3 weeks time.

Kids were back to school this week to so it was a bit hectic, I guess next week will be worse!

Hope everyone had a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

This was a tough week ! For various reasons I had to switch the runs around and do them in a different order from the plan. I got 5 runs in (38 miles/61Km) (& 3 tennis games, 1 gym) but the PMP run yesterday afternoon turned ended up just being an easy run due to the heat and the fact that I had a 2 hour tennis match beforehand (we won ☺️). I know it's not ideal keeping up tennis while training for a marathon but I really don't want to give it up. I run by myself mostly so tennis is very social and enjoyable for me; it's great being part of a team. I took a lift back from the match and got my team mate to throw me out of the car 8 miles from home, otherwise I wouldn't have got it done at all.

My feet are starting to get a bit sore during and after runs so I've ordered new runners (same brand, Hoka Cliftons, but I had to get the V9s as nowhere had a V8s in stock). Hopefully there's not much of a difference between the versions.

The LSR was ok, last few miles were torture but it is done. I ate/drank a large bag of jelly babies, 2 gels, 2 jelly bars, some sports drink and 2 x 250ml water. I dread to think what all this sugar is doing to my teeth 😂.

Great to see everyone's progress here and on Strava, so much easier than doing this solo. Thanks everyone for the virtual support. We've got this 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Week 10

Planned: 5K | 5K | 5K | 10k@MP | 5k  | 2.5k |25k

Actual: 5K | 5K | 5K | 10k@MP | 5k  | 2.5k |25k

This was a tough week for me too I am overthinking my running paces and how fast ill try run the HM this Sunday in Charleville Im thinking 5:40 which is roughly what I did the 10k at MP this week which felt grand but not sure I could keep it up for 20k.

My LSR was during high noon yesterday so I was roasted have a funny tan line on my arm from running with my arms bent... I only had one gel and took it at 50 mins and really kept me going for another 30 mins hen I had a Banana and water at the car for a quick pit stop I found the Banana did nothing for me compared to the Gel but I could also have been just getting tired.

My LSR pace was 6:31 but I was wrecked at the end with KM over 7:30 I think lack of water and Gels hit me hard with the heat. I know its my first MArathon so I should just relax and try to run it more on feeling but I think if I do that ill slow down even more.

Also a newbie so feel free to take any advice with a pinch of salt but the general consensus is that you should be able to finish the long runs at basically the same pace as at the start, if not your probably going a bit fast.

Running in the heat is definitely a different animal as well, so 6:30 might be ok for you on an average day, but on a hot day you might need to dial it back a bit.

Not a nutrition expert either so not qualified to give any advice here, but for me personally on a 25k run I'd be taking 3 gels (one every 45 mins or so) and carrying 350 - 500ml of electrolyte drink with me, plus taking on some water along the route. I don't eat a lot before a run though so maybe I need more gels than some people would, but I find it works well for me.

Week 11 and it's going to be a warm one this week.

Well done on completing week 10 everyone, I can see from the reports coming in that it's been a tough one, and that is to be expected, we're going really long now and hitting those big weekly mileages, that's why we keep it slow, to be able to get through this without totally overloading ourselves.

In week 11, the mileage increases again, but just a touch 

Plan|Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday

HHN1|rest|4m easy|8m easy|4m easy|rest|16m lsr|cross

Boards|rest,cross or 3m rec|4m easy|8m easy|4m easy w/ 5 x strides|rest,cross or 3m rec|20m lsr|3m rec

It's the landmark 20 miler for the boards crew - you already have a 19 miler behind you, what's another mile😉 There are no PMP miles this week, which should help keep the legs a smidgen fresher for the long run. For the HHN1 guys, this will be the second highest weekly mileage that you will do all plan, so give this week your full attention. A good night's sleep is the best recovery you can have. The mileage is really peaking over the next 4-5 weeks, and one big part of tackling that will be getting enough sleep to aid the recovery. Have a look at your current habits maybe and see if you can make some changes to improve that. If needed of course, maybe some people are already good for this!

We've talked about this over the last few weeks but I'm going to repeat myself again as it's really important, by now you should be treating the long runs as trial runs for the marathon. From dinner the night before and breakfast the morning of, the clothing and hydration during, you should be practicing all aspects of DCM Sunday (except of course the drinking afterwards 😜) Find out what's working for you, change the things now that don't work, making the day itself as less stressful as possible is very important. Don't leave things till the last minute to try! Remember, nothing new on race day so now is the time to try and new things and bed in what you know is working for you.

It's going to be a warm week so make sure you are keeping hydrated pre and post run and don't forget a little bit of sun cream.

A few questions to ask yourself at this stage;

- How was week ten for you?

- Write down your progress - where have you come from as a runner since starting this plan?

- What are the small/big changes that you need to make in the coming few weeks BEFORE the taper.

- What are the things that you NEED to do in the coming 3-4 long runs to better prep for DCM?

Best of luck with this weeks training, remember to stick to the plan at the correct paces, it will all be worth it on the big day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

I meant to reply to you earlier but forgot to hit post. Your arms, shoulders, delts and traps can all become sore from running for long periods of time. Don't worry about it too much though. The pain in your legs will last longer😁 If on the off chance you are getting a sports massage, get them to work on those areas, the traps in particular which will cause tension in the upper body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

So ran the easy 6.5 km on Tuesday and felt that old familiar pain outside the knee. Booked Physio for the next day.

Diagnosis confirmed as tight IT band but it wasn't actually too sore so physio is optimistic that it's not going to completely derail things. Got a good massage and some dry needling which immediately felt better. Also have exercises to do everyday (especially pre-run) to try get right muscles activated as it's not a strength issue. She recommended to ease off on the mileage for the week and see how it is when I go back to her this Wednesday.

So I skipped Wednesday's MP run and ran 5 km easy on Thursday which was fine.

Paired back the planned long run on Saturday and only did 22 km. Again felt fine after but it will be the easy run tomorrow that is the real test. Skipped the "recovery" run as rest is the only recovery that works for me.

And to complete my weekly whinging I still have a cough (just over 3 weeks now) so I'm at the point of going to the GP to be charged €70 to be told it's viral and there's nothing they can do 🤗

@MiniMonstera I hear you on the school and holidays, there is just so much organising with young kids involved. It does sound like you had a lovely holiday and got to get out on some runs so all good and the break will have done you the world of good. I'm sure everyone will settle down during the week and back into the routine, you'll be cursing making the lunches now though, doesn't take long!

@witnessmenow good stuff, we're all feeling it. I had an Epsom salt bath too on Sunday after my LSR and really feel the better for it. Yes a big week and a big run to do in a couple of weeks, it's all about keeping yourself fit and moving so keep up the pre-hab and recovery.

@Bungy Girl You still got a very high mileage this week so well done. The tennis sounds like a great outlet and I definitely understand the social aspect. I do think you will just need to consider it a little over the next few weeks, i.e. if you have a very long run or you are not feeling it due to tiredness then you might need to make some decisions around it. I'm not saying that you have to stop but just that you need to make sure it's not going to cause you an injury or that you are not trying to do too much in one day. Just keep it in mind..

@Legits the heat really does impact your pace, I would re-adjust your pace it's it warm. As we've said earlier in the thread, it's about effort not pace, you are really trying to get an easy effort. Do not worry about what pace that is, most especially on your long slow run. It's supposed to be slow and easy, so if it's warm just dial it back a bit. Slowing down is a good thing, not a bad thing, slowing down means you are not struggling over the last few km's, means you are not putting yourself under too much physical pressure and, while this is a bit of a pain, you are out for longer therefore build up your time on feet and ability to run for a long time. Slow is good.

As witnessmenow says, you do need to look at the fuelling and hydration aspects too. I also take a gel every 45 minutes on my LSR. I would expect that you would need 3 to 4 gels on your LSR. I found my LSR's were so much more enjoyable once I had my fuel right. I didn't get it right on Sunday and suffered for it on the way home, I was just out by a little bit and with the heat it can all become too much. You've 3 or 4 really long runs to come so your job on those runs is to nail down the gels situation.

As for your race, I think you have 5.40, again start conservative, say 5.50 pace for the first couple of km, then move up to 5.40 pace and then if it's still ok and you're into the final third of the race then you can push on.

I had something similar in April with tight IT band causing knee pain. I was actually able to run through it - The physio prescribed me a "jumpers knee band" - you could ask your physio about it as it helped me run pain free while we were working out the tight IT band. You are also managing this very well and being sensible, you've remembered that we want you at the start line and not broken! That is a long cough though......

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Louis 2018

Week 10 went according to plan, 5 runs in totalling 60km. LSR on Sat was with the club so a good focus on water and fuel again. Had 3 gels and carried water in soft flasks and sipping away every few km to prevent the "I really need a drink " stage. Run was ok, recovery on grass the next day and feeling good today with a rest day pencilled in (foam roller and bands). Would definitely have expected to feel a lot sorer after hitting 30km. Prepping the night before with gear, gels etc definitely helps and up early for a good breakfast.

- Write down your progress - where have you come from as a runner since starting this plan?

Learning to run slower but more also understanding why slower is better and that running slower makes you faster!

- What are the small/big changes that you need to make in the coming few weeks BEFORE the taper.

Diet probably needs to improve a little, a few too many snacks after the LSR. Need to re-fuel better. Overall no alcohol or takeaways etc. since plan started so that helps big time.

- What are the things that you NEED to do in the coming 3-4 long runs to better prep for DCM?

Stay focused, don't get carried away and stick to the plan. Listen to your body as the sessions ramp up and introduce a little bit of cross training perhaps as all time is dedicated to running only so constantly on the feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Club Plan|Track|rest|Track|rest|rest|32km

Actual|track|rest|rest|rest|rest|32km

I knew this week was going to be tough from a personal point of view - one of those weeks where I was swamped physically and mentally. Missed track training on Weds and didn't get out for another run, although I did get some walking done instead (good for my head).

So I went into the milestone 20 mile run this weekend feeling unprepared. I hadn't been eating right this week, not drinking enough water, not sleeping properly. The first few km legs were tired and I was expecting this run to be a disaster. But I got into it after 5km, the kms ticked by and the company helped. Took gels around 10km, 20km and 27km. Definitely noticed the dehydration. On the last km I said out loud - "I don't know how we are supposed to do another 10km on top of this in the marathon". But when I got near the end of our run, if you had asked me to go another km I probably would have been able to.

Total run for the week 38km plus 2 workouts and approx 20km walking.

I think I've become stronger mentally with my running. A few weeks ago my head was going after 21km. But now it seems that the body goes on autopilot, one foot infront of the other, so I'm starting to believe in my head that I might be able to do this.

I need to start eating better, hydrating and sleeping better. Life is just a bit crazy at the moment (like so many other people) but hopefully things will settle down in a few weeks time. Also need to book a sports massage.

Like the previous point, hydrate and sleep better. I wore my "marathon outfit" at the weekend and it worked well for the 20 miles so that's sorted at least. I need to change my runners and also need to book a 3/4 marathon race.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kevinfkennedy

How was week ten for you?

Week 10 was good. Playing catch up a little bit but I’m happy with 38k in the bag & the long run on Sat was with friends & it was half the battle. First run at 20k for a while with a few small hills throw in & body seems ok ish so far so happy days.

Write down your progress - where have you come from as a runner since starting this plan?

I’ve learned a valuable lesson that I should have took more seriously at the start of the plan : long slow miles in the legs is key to surviving the distance.

What are the small/big changes that you need to make in the coming few weeks BEFORE the taper.

Sleep/Eat/Run/Recover/no alcohol/Good food/Repeat …

What are the things that you NEED to do in the coming 3-4 long runs to better prep for DCM?

Get my pre/during race nutrition nailed down. Gels/Salt/electrolytes tabs/sugar.. ect

Make a decision on realistic race pace.

Pray for no injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Clarecarrick

Terrible week here. Picked up some sort of virus and spent most of the week in bed. Two runs totalling 19km, no LSR.

Feeling much better today so hopeful for a good week.

Definitely embraced the slower running and have felt the benefits. Feeling fitter and stronger and most importantly injury free. I also would have dragged myself out for a run last year even if I was really sick and I’m taking it as good progress that I now see the benefit of resting when sick and injured instead of pushing through and making myself worse in the long run.

Need to cut out the sugary snacks and up the protein. I am starving from all the running but going for the wrong foods way too much. Also need to slow the MP miles didn’t get to practice that this week due to being sick but plan to nail this down over the next few weeks.

Want to nail down my marathon day breakfast and fuelling in general. I am happy with gels and intake during the LSR at the moment but want to tweak breakfast and evening before also.

Well done everyone on getting this far 👏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kevinfkennedy

Anyone else having pain in the toe joint above … developing as the mileage mounts .. any tricks or remedies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Louis 2018

Are your runners due a change? Running with somebody at the weekend with a similar issue and physio put it down to insoles and cushioning of runners wearing away although not sure if in exact spot you pointed out. Might be worth checking with a professional to prevent it getting worse at this stage.

I did 25k lsr on Saturday, I felt mostly ok but still feeling it a bit from combination of Longford the previous weekend and the bit of a mad 10k run I did on the Wednesday which was a combination of easy, steady and all out for 2k. I think I stopped about 4 times to take pictures have a drink and wipe my face. Pace was mostly around the 6:30s and didn't walk.

I took a gel, and Cliff Bloks, Kendal Mint Cake and a hydration bladder with diluted blackcurrant. I have a waist bag with the supplies in it from Longford and basically used that. I like a combination for variety.

I did the 2m (3k) easy run on the Sunday and found it quite hard to slow down at first. I really had to put the effort in for the first k but managed 7:21, 7:54 & 7:49. I have set my watch to give audio prompts on average pace every 2 minuets. It's quite handy and stops me gazing at my watch all the time, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be...

I'm planning to do tomorrows easy run during lunchtime at work so not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

During the week was fine but I didn't finish the long run, found it tough going in the heat and a couple of niggles. I think I'll try to find a flatter route for this weekends long run and get out before the sun.  

Learned a lot more about gels and hydration. Pacing seems to be a bit easier now, or at least I don't find myself having to adjust as much as I did at the start. Bit of mental fortitude as well on the long runs that I didn't have before. 

I normally use the long run as an excuse to eat muck, proper diet from here would be a good thing. 

- What are the things that you NEED to do in the coming 3-4 long runs to better prep for DCM?

Keep the pace similar to what it will be on the day, nice and easy.Make sure to wear the same kit as I'll be wearing on the day to make sure it's what I'll go with. Gym sessions for my upper back as well as my achilles along the way will hopefully see me to the start line

Already posted an update, but in summary tough on tired legs, but good!

I've definitely embraced the slower pace running and I'm so much fitter than I was.

Like when did 13K runs become just a middle of the week thing thats no big deal? At the start of the year 5k was the longest run I could do, but to answer this question more specifically, 18K was the longest run I did in Half marathon training so its not even too far from that

There has been a few occasions 10km+ into a run and I pass someone and I can say "good morning" or whatever and I realise that I'm perfectly fine. I'm not the lightest I've ever been in my adult life (even by a bit) but I am definitely the fittest I've ever been.

At the rate the days are getting shorter, probably need to get run lighting sorted! I went for a run this morning at 6:30 and there wont be many more days that I can do that without a light. Our long runs are usually a bit later, but maybe by October we'll have the same issues. I have a run belt with a light that works great, but it doesn't have any storage for anything , so no where to put water or gels etc. I may have to double belt!

Generally pretty happy with how things are going at the moment. Need to keep on top of getting enough sleep.

I need to break in my runners I'll be using for the marathon. I want to do at least one of the 20 milers in them. I'm not worried about them since they are the same make and model as my current runners, but just to make sure they are ok. Used them for a short run this week and they feel fine.

I also need really do a trial run of getting up super early (If i'm traveling up) and eating what i'm going to eat etc. I also need to not eat Jaffa cakes that people leave out with the water if I don't plan to do it during the race :D

@Louis 2018 great stuff from you, keeping to the plan and the slow running has really sunk in ;-)

@Sunny Dayz you knew a tough couple of weeks were coming up, we all have them. Well done so getting in the mileage that you did and getting the long run in. If you'd another 1k in you then you have another 10k in you when you're on the marathon with thousands of people cheering you on and all the other runners around you encouraging you along, it'll be fine on the day :-)

@kevinfkennedy it's never too late to learn a good lesson ;-) Just keep it easy, really easy, look after the body as best you can and keep getting out and those long runs completed. Taking it slow will get you to the start line. Start practising now with the gels etc on your long runs and go to bed early!!

@Clarecarrick ah no but you've handled it correctly, got over it and are now feeling better and up for it. That is a great learning curve for you, one week of little running is much better than 2 weeks out if you'd managed your sickness poorly. good luck with PM effort

@T-Bird nice to see you're using the technology to help you slow down, whatever works keep doing it. You still have a bit of recovery to do so what ever you need to do to keep it easy then keep at it, walk breaks are fine too if you need them.

@nullObjects I hear you, it was a struggle in the heat. If you can get out earlier it does help, should have headed that advice myself! That mental fortitude will help you immensely, trust me you'll rely on it on the day and you'll know you have a reserve to keep going and getting it done.

@witnessmenow you've had some journey alright! It is amazing isn't it when a mid week 13k is absolutely nothing at all to you. I remember the first time I went home during my c25k and told everyone I had run 3k without stopping, I was amazed at myself. It is some achievement getting yourself to here so be very proud of yourself and keep it up, we're nearly there. You could look at a head torch, I got one on amazon, it's like a band and it's bright as ***k. You can't be missed. It's very very very ugly but safely first on those dark roads in the dark

Best of luck this week everyone, keep it up, you're all doing great. By the end of this month you'll be easing into gentle 20k runs and tapering down so just a few more weeks and then it's just managing our way to race day.

Post edited by MisterJinx on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tribal Wardfare

Week 10

Terrible. After writing about how much I enjoyed running last week, I went out for my Tuesday run and noticed a pain in my left hip as I took every step. Knowing I had the 19mile run on Saturday, I rested until Friday evening and tried it again. Unfortunately, it was just as bad so I have had to rest again since. I am trying it again tonight for a small run, and I have a physio booked in for Thursday. As the pain recovery is quick then I am thinking it probably isn't anything major and rest may help heal. But I don't want to miss any more time over these crucial weeks.

I will answer the other questions when I am in a better more positive mood .... but fingers crossed all is OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MiniMonstera

Week 10 Update - 59km on the nose.

This week was the tail end of my holiday. Got out for a run on Tuesday on the beach and we headed home Wednesday. Not getting home til early evening and needing to do a ton of prep for first day of school I didn't get the session done. Got out on Thurs to do it instead - it rained for the whole thing which was fine but I got a bad chafe near the groin area from the wet conditions. Friday was recovery run and Saturday was the LSR. For the LSR I headed out early (got going just shy of 7am). I did a checklist the night before so just grabbed my bag and was off. I also mapped out my route on the On The Go planner the night before. I was in a negative mindset a bit starting out - just tiredness and the fact I missed the previous LSR, I really didnt think I'd get through it. I took 4 gels in total, taking the first one at 38 mins into the run as I felt sluggish - didn't get a good sleep as neighbour was having a party so felt I needed an early boost - it did the trick. Tried 4 different brands - preference was Maurten due to lack of flavour and stable consistency (reminded me of wall paper paste). I took 2 x 250ml water bottles - could've drank more (Saturday was warm) and 12 jellies. I got distracted in Castletown by the Parkrun and took a wrong turn which got me a bit lost and would have added to my route, however I made sure I still finished at 31km as planned and walked about 1.5km to my car - which was grand. Felt if a gun was put to my head I could've done another 10km. I mean I was quite tired but if someone dared me to finish out to marathon distance I could've done it. So I'm happy with fitness level all in all. Haven't been great at the foam rolling so starting to make a habit of it again.

Another crazy week here in that we had a death in the family. An elderly relative not too close to me but still need to attend removal and funeral etc. so might need to re-jig my run plan around that. Feeling like it's Eat Run Sleep Repeat at the moment, for sure, and fitting everything else around it!

I won't answer @MisterJinx questions now as they are excellent ones that require some pondering and a not so tired brain as I'm not long in from a run.

Have a good Week 11 everyone, welcome to our newcomers and sorry to hear that some injuries/strains are emerging for some. Pain in the butt!

Post edited by MiniMonstera on

Advertisement