Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Last year I got chocolate Santa's, selection boxes etc early and put them in the attic. My kids are believers so these things need to be hidden. Unfortunately a little mouse decided to visit our attic and munch his way through the Santa's! I have to find a new hiding spot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Well we wait all year for the ber months to get here and the countdown can get serious and Summer decides to show up! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I know! I dropped one of the kids to gymnastics this morning and I'm leaning on the bonnet of the car soaking up the sun. One of the nicest mornings in months, it's like being back in France on holidays 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

We just had an "autumn" sized spider in the sitting room. OH managed to flatten it and when he went to get something to clean it up, the dog decided he wanted a snack. Ugh, he better not try to lick me tomorrow 😖🕷

I'm on the whiskey now and still not right from it

• Advertisement

Up at 6 this morning and it twas dark folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

howdy folks!!! currently in spain for my birthday, but i can feel it, christmas is around the corner!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

yep, dark starts have started. I get up at 5.45am and it was pure night, not dusk or a hint of it, felt like the middle of the night it was so dark. Thankfully we still have some brightness in the evenings though, the one part of the build up that I could do without is leaving for work in the dark & it being just as dark leaving the office in the evenings.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Happy Monday all! Big exam for me today and surprise surprise, there isn't a cloud in the sky!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What an absolute beaut of a day yesterday, we had the paddling pools back out for the dogs and the biggest monster of them all the toddler!!

Last time we had them out was June, speaks volume about how bad the summer was, anyway I'll take this warm spell no problem. Got a lovely long walk in after dinner and everything.

• Advertisement

Was over in Marlay park with the team on Saturday afternoon & the heat was incredible. The lads jerseys were stuck to them after the match it was that hot. Thank god I was only coaching & not playing...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Gosh I'm just thinking that we didn't have the paddling pool out the whole summer holidays, I feel so sad now 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I went to the beach Yesterday.

First time I was there when the water was warm.(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I just heard an ad on the radio for the Gaiety Panto, I think it's the first time I've heard it this year. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Went for a swim last night and this morning. Beautiful sunny days and more people at the beach last night than I've seen there since June, most days in July and August that there was only a handful of stalworths on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward too the 'Ireland Rugby World Cup' DVD out for Christmas 😆

Tbh physical media is dying which in turn means Stocking fillers are made more difficult

Just a friendly reminder!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Birthday @sunbabe08, very best wishes and @Andrew93 , hope the exam went well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Spent all day with one of us in the house waiting for an IKEA delivery and it never turned up - so cross now, what a waste of a day 😡. First time ordering from them so I've no idea if this is the norm. The tracking says out for delivery and the chatbot wasn't able to help us so have to wait and make contact with them in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Another fab day out. All the talk of the beach here yesterday put the going on me so packed up the swim suits & headed off for a dip after work. It was just lovely, even though I was nearly in Holyhead before I got any depth 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Thanks for that. Feel like it went well but no hopes up until results are out next month.

Applications for tickets for this years LLTS are now open.

Is it application for tickets for applications to be on the show itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Advertisement

When the weather was lousy we couldn't wait for the season to get here and now that the weather has picked up we are back talking about sitting in the garden and nice walks in the evening.

We were talking a couple of weeks ago about how a movie and a music channel are due to turn to full time Christmas content this weekend and the shops are starting to display Christmas stock. When this happens and the sun is splitting the stones the Bah Humbugs will be out in force 😄

Advertisement