Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.Buzz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Interesting. My car is a Tiguan 162 so need to check it's worth. More than scrappage I hope :-)

Thanks of this. Are these firsts like the early ID4s that had extras included?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yep so if you specced one up back they where first announced you could pick and choose what options you wanted. Then they switched it to the 4 canned specs we have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well you could potentially sell the Tiguan privately for a better price, then buy a banger for €500 and trade that for the €4k scrappage 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Scrappage caveat is usually that you’ve had to have owned the vehicle for X no. of months prior to scrapping it. This might be different as it appears to be specific to one VW Dealer rather than being a VW scheme.

I could :-) Think I'd be happy to sell Tiguan privately with no worries about the sale

We took a little spin up to collect a parcel in Newry yesterday evening so about 200kms round trip and used 51% of the battery.. not hugely different from what I would have expected from the eNiro. We did hit some pockets of traffic on the way up which saved some battery but I wasn’t trying to save any and cruised at 120 the rest of the time. Nice comfy drive. I do prefer the kia app and infotainment but getting used to VW’s(!)

Someone has gotten themselves the top wrap

I wasn't quick enough with the camera to get the front 😅

I gotta say, it looks absolutely class in the two tone colour, really helps it to stand out

I got the top wrap too 😎 i actually went out earlier and cleaned all the dead flies from yesterday off my beautiful white front lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

Classy machine alright, the two tone really gives it a lift..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Needs to be a bright colour with the top wrap for maximum coolness. Saw a plain black one out in Joe Duffy Airside last weekend which completely loses the impact of the cool styling.

The one I saw looks to be black with a white top wrap. I think it looks pretty cool, kind of reminds me of white wall tyres on a black classic car for some reason

I do agree the brighter colours would suit the two tone colour a lot better

If I was buying a black Buzz then I'd be tempted to let the lower half wrapped in a dark grey or blue or something, more like the other ID cars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

I think the dark colour on the Buzz People is a dark blue metallic.

I saw a two tone while and teal on holiday and it looked great. I really love that colour and it's interior.

I went for the silver which I think looks fantastic. Its just enough on the conservative side given I use it for a work car, but still being bright. VW do some great silvers since the 2019-era Golf and Passat.

What did it cost to get the top wrap done ? Who would you recommend to do it ? Thanks

It was €1100 I think? The dealer organised it so was wrapped when I collected it.

Sounds like good value, transforms the look of them.

I went to my local Aldi last week but freaked out at the underground carpark as there’s 2m limit.. it was only my second time driving the buzz.. will it fit or am I going to tear the roof off? Is it worth the risk lol. Google is saying it’s 1936mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

I've recently shat myself about that too. I had a stretched hand between the roof and the entrance height limit sign at a 2 metre limit car park.

It was fine in the end, but do keep an eye out once your inside, going up or down floors. I'd not go near Dublin City car parks in this thing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think they warn lower but are higher. For example I drive through those signs all the time in my renault traffic and it also contains a double bar roof rack. Empty rack though but still ads about 150mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Returned from an appointment today to find that one of the badge/emblem things (I’ve since learned they’re called bulli badges - the 3 black stripes ) gone off the car 🙄 I guess whatever tape they used when they reapplied them after wrapping is crap. Annoying as there’s 2 ugly stripes of foam where it was now. 😫😫

I remember watching Sandy Munro teardown the ID.4 battery pack and he was talking about how it's better to glue parts together than screw them because screws and bolts always loosen

Bloody twat, I wasn't bothered listening after that. What he missed was that it's a lot f**king easier to redo a screw than glue

Anyway, looks like someone in VW was listening unfortunately

Yeah just annoying as I now see it every time I pass the car! Like the foam is completely dry and not sticky so it must have just dried out or loosened in the sun. I’ve messaged where I was parked on the off chance it’s there.

Vandalism or hot sun/cheap double sided tape ? If you’re sorting yourself, 3M make pretty good stuff in all sorts of thickness and widths.

Not vandalism as I didn’t leave the car - was my dog’s appointment and I’m his chauffeur! Saw one on eBay for €30 + postage 🙄 for .. small strip of rubber/plastic. That one fell off so easily there’s no way I’d pay that to replace it when there’s 5 more!

UPDATE - I found it around the corner this morning! One small piece broke off but can glue it back on.

Post edited by tk123 on

Good few demo models sitting around now. At €53K, this seems like a lot of EV for the money with decent enough spec on it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/34535450

Volkswagen ID. Buzz 232 REG EX Demo Excellent Pri

I’ve only seen 2 buzz on the road since launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Is the top wrap something you can add afterwards? I like those ex-demo cards but would much rather the two-tone colour

• Advertisement

The dealer can probably organise it for you. I was looking at their demo initially and planned to get the top wrapped. Then went mad and got a new one lol 😝

Advertisement