Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using GOMO in a router

Options
  • 11-02-2021 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is doable? I'm caught for internet for max 2 months and could do with a sim card that supports good usage 150gb ish per month. Is GoMo doable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Isn't GoMo only 120GB a month or so? Maybe that was raised but I don't think you'll be getting 150GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Depends on your signal where you are.
    I used it in a personal hotspot router in my car for dashcam connectivity and it worked perfectly for that. I'm not sure what web browsing would be like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Isn't GoMo only 120GB a month or so? Maybe that was raised but I don't think you'll be getting 150GB.
    Yeah you're right. Might try a Three sim instead. They don't usually police the usage do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Yeah you're right. Might try a Three sim instead. They don't usually police the usage do they?

I used a Three SIM for years without problem. Hope you get something sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I used it in a personal hotspot router in my car for dashcam connectivity and it worked perfectly for that. I'm not sure what web browsing would be like though.

Did you just run it through your phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yep i've got a second sim running in a tenda 4g router not brilliant but thats down to the signal strength

obviously is restricted to 120gb but its mainly there so my OH can do work meetings on it we dont stream much etc so not maxed it out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Thanks for replies all. Will check usage on GoMo and if not I'll try Three, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Did you just run it through your phone?

Nope a personal WiFi Hotspot modem with 5000mAh battery in it. Also bought a 1000mAh power bank that would charge it when needed. I recently disposed of the powerbank and connected the hotspot directly to my dashcam battery pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

It is. I’ve it in a mobile WiFi router, signal is not great but it’s still faster than my fixed line crap broadband. Tenner a month, we max it out regularly, as WFH, Netflix, phone browsing etc so we see the speed drop when that happens. Still tenner a month, can’t complain

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭47akak

I've used it but as soon as the data cap is hit you're down to dial up speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Depends on the signal strength from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

It works fine.

Great with 4G+ router like Huawei 535 if you are near a 4G+ tower.

But speeds are totally luck of the draw depending on where you are located relative to the mast.

You could get two sims. Give you 240GB a month for €26.

It's a 30 day day contract so no long commit.

Use two different accounts. They throttle by account not by sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Justaskin23

Hi, I got a GoMo SIM to put in my Tenda router. Any ideas how I overcome having to enter my PIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Isn't GoMo "unlimited" but throttled past 120gb?

Advertisement