Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Live-action trailer for Mortal Kombat 1

Just strange that they got Dave Bautista for the ad, even though John Cena is going to be voicing Peacemaker as a DLC character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great live-action trailer. I'm not a big MK fan but it looks v.cool.

On the John Cena point, I agree, but then again he is there in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dave Bautista could be playing one of the secret characters he's done with Marvel movies now after the most recent ones,not sure who he fits the profile of but given the overall potential roster there's a few he'd fit in as. Reptile would definitely work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,018 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't feel right until they finally had ones shouting "Mortal Kombat!". Bautista and others just saying it normally felt wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Smiling like a giddy schoolchild watching that. I love Mortal Kombat in general, my only tattoo is of Noob. Once they started shouting Mortal Kombat I had a massive grin. Dave gets the award for best one at the end. Give these lads the film rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

That sea of stars is a great little game around 2 hours in and loving the turn based combat. Great little change of pace in between zelda and Star field and perfect for cloud gaming on steam deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭quokula

If you like Sea of Stars I'd strongly recommend Chained Echoes that came out earlier this year - it's a similarly modern take on the classic 16 bit style JRPG and it's every bit as good as what I've played of SoS so far, but it seemed to fly under the radar with a lot less hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I wish I had time to play all these games. That's on GamePass too. I never could get into turn based games. But maybe this is a good introduction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That PlayStation price increase is officially "Oof" level, 33% for premium. Xbox tried something similar when they tried to kill Xbox live a year ago, but they had to retreat within a day, I wonder if Sony will do the same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's fúcking outrageous. It'd be great if there was a boycott but there's too many Fifa/CoD heads who won't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Plus one for Chained Echoes, wonderful little game that isn't just a nostalgia fest, it's well able to stand on I it's own ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Things I didn't expect to see today: a new Mario game with dark souls multiplayer features.

Mario Wonder looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Super Mario LSD

I think the limits of the Switch has been a godsend for Nintendo. They can focus even more on gameplay and polish.

I wish other companies would do more AAA 2(.5)d games. There are indie game developers doing it but they just don't have the experience or budget behind them.

I suppose we have that new Prince of Persia game and the next Hollow Knight game coming up. And the new 2D sonic game.

There are a load of franchises just ripe to be reimagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ended up binging the Netflix One Piece last night. Not gaming related, but I loved every second of it. May be some fanboy bias, but word is it sets a new bar for anime to live action.

But it got me thinking. I now want either Insomniac or Rocksteady to get the OP licence. What they did with Spiderman and Batman I would love them to do to One Piece. The recent OP games are better, but just don't have the polish and gameplay this series deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,791 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saw a post that Metal Gear Solid 5 is 8 years old and made me reminisce. With the remaster mgs games releasing, no one really talks about 5, just that 1 is brilliant, 2 is divisive, 3 is brilliant and 4 is poo on a shoe. Even though the ending was cut from 5 and Konami was fighting with Hideo, it's still a pretty **** great game. Tempted to go back in and either start again to relearn mechanics or jump back into end game to do the side missions i skipped before.

Never thought an open world mgs would work but it still managed to make the missions, if somewhat repetitive , fun by capturing enemies, saving hostages and stealing resources all to improve mother base.

The gameplay is some of the best ever created. It is absolutely rock solid. The level of choice you have is amazing. The game engine too is flawless.

There was just a huge black cloud hanging over the game from the start because of what happened with Kojima. As well as that, a lot of the stuff people love from the MGS games was really pared down (like huge story parts moved to cassette tapes you have to just sit and listen to). And of course the missing Act 3 which was never finished. The only real downsides to the gameplay too were a lack of decent boss fights (the Skulls were just awful to fight against) and having to play harder versions of previous missions to unlock new missions.

But yeah, I've often been tempted to jump back in too and start again just because I know it'll still feel like a game that just came out this year.

Post edited by Penn on

Just reinstalled it there and couldn't believe my playtime was 164 hours, very rare i go over 50 on a single player game. Really looking forward to giving it another go, see if it still holds up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Never got round to playing MGS5 , might try pick it up cheap somewhere.

I just gave it a spin and taken back by the lack of a new game option. Loaded up my end game save file and it looks like you have to delete your save to start again and i really don't want to delete it will see if i can disable cloudsync and then keep the new save local.

I tried to replay a mission but i had a huge array of weapons and gadgets, really want to start fresh and build up my base from the ground.

Saying that, the brief few minutes i spent moving around the map had me itching to play it properly again, you can get it for pennies these days, absolutely worth picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭McFly85

I bounced off MGSV a few times but it’s a game I find perfect for the steam deck - it plays beautifully on it, and it’s good for short gaming sessions, jump in, do some side ops, jump out.

It’s a massive game though! I think early on before you have proper equipment or allies stealth can feel laborious and I don’t think I was really enjoying it until maybe about 10 hours in and I still felt like I was practically at the beginning. Even 50 hours in it’s still introducing things.

Once you get past that though it’s an unbelievably fun action stealth sandbox. I still put MGS3 at the top of the list but MGS5 is probably second even if I still love the first one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I noticed i never played Dying Light 1 while browsing my games in Epic launcher the other day so i installed and cant get over how much im enjoying it.

Will i finish it ? i really dont know but the gameplay is special and its still looks great today.

Dying Light 1 is so **** great as well. Like above, the more skills you unlock the more enjoyable it becomes also. The Following DLC is a must to play as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

One my favs games ever and miles ahead of 2 imo. And I only played 1 last year ! Held up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Anyone know how to get AC Mirage deluxe edition on PS5 as a physical copy in Ireland ? Amazon don't have it, neither do Smyths. Places to buy new games in this country is very slim at the moment, we don't have a single dedicated games store for new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Niska

Smyths have it on their website

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-gaming/playstation-games/playstation-5-pre-order-games/assassins-creed-mirage-collectors-case-edition-ps5/p/227883

You cannot preorder (most likely meaning it's sold out...). If you haven't already, enquire in store - you may be able to preorder there.

Its no longer available on the Ubisoft store (store.ubisoft.com), but the PS5 version was sold out very quickly anyway.

Possibly try UK Game using AnPost AddressPal -personally never tried this, plus good chance of extra fees.

Smyths don't stock it at all. Never tried an post address pal might see does it make sense

Never actually heard of address pal before, have it set up, it gives me a different address for UK deliveries is this how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Niska

I haven't used AddressPal, just a similar (now defunct) service , Parcel Motel.

Essentially they provide a UK address (their depot) where the package is sent (thus getting around UK mainland only deliveries). They then bring the package to Ireland and get it you.

There's a charge per order plus possible import / VAT charges. So final price may be much more than expected.

More info here:

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There will 100% be import fees on this.

To be honest, the Amazon Day One edition looks far better than the Deluxe Edition which is simply €5 extra for a Prince of Persia themed outfit, weapon skin and horse whereas the Amazon Day One edition has some lithographs and a map.

Advertisement