Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

Sure, this is it. Thanks again for your responses. The "over c alarm" is the charge voltage that gets sent to the inverter. I don't see anything that allow me to disable a parameter.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clf

I don’t recognise it but that’s good it uses the over c alarm as the charge voltage and not the protection parameter. Set the over c alarm to 55.2/55.5 and protection to 58.4, cell alarm 3.45v and protection 3.65v. Set overvoltage on the inverter to 58.4 also.

You should log it against the inverter temperature, it derates at high temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have a fan running on it. Temp spiked initially but then stayed mid 30s after the fan came on.

I’m the same as you with a fan running, inverter doesn’t drop charge. I wonder is that the reason some see it drop

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Surely it must be a parameter in the firmware / software. When set to 100A, it drops very sharply very soon. When set to 90A, you get much better results. Nice find @DrPhilG

Maybe some other Solis 6G hybrid 6kW inverters can try the same and post their results? When moving to a smart meter and smart plan, it will become crucial to get the max possible power out of our inverters to charge our batteries in the 3 or 4 hour supercheap electricity slot we have

On another note, has anyone ordered or received the 7G version yet? The spec was made public a very long time ago and it stated 125A charging. Now whether it will or not remains to be seen of course, but this would be helpful for charging batteries quickly.

Next time I'm doing a timed charge I'll try it at 95a and see how it goes.

Also interesting that with less than a minute of a break, it then went right back to 88a for another 25 minutes.

Given that the Solis has the option for multiple charge times, you could just set 3 separate charges with a gap in between.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Had a fan on the one I have access to, made no difference,

Do you know what software version you are running?

It's all done in software and it has been tweaked over time.

The one here derates to 70 (measured on the bms) from 100. Doesn't make a difference of it's 80 or 100 amps

Where can I find the software info @graememk?

This any use?

I can't find software version in the app.

• Advertisement

No probs, wasn't sure.

How does that compare with yours?

Anyone else?

This was the total overnight.

2hrs 5 minutes of charging. 46% added so around 9.2kWh.

So in theory I could add about 13kWh in 3 hours. Not too bad.

I have HMI version 47 and DSP version 44. I had an update a few weeks ago to solve battery sleeping

• Registered Users Posts: 3 basim42

Hello. did you figure out the setup? can you help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭con747

No, AFAIK you need to get on to C/S for firmware updates. I asked them to update mine and I'm on version 4700B0 now.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Solis have updated the app, and as usual they've dicked it up.

Remote charge options no longer working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jkforde

if you mean self-consumption > charge & discharge 1-3, working ok for me this morning with latest version, but it reset the amp values to zero 🤦

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement

There used to be an amp setting for each of the 3 slots.

Now just 1, and if I set one and save it, go back in and it defaults back to that same screen.

damn, you're right.. hopefully they'll sort it out soon enough as it's around this time of year that some of us need this functionality

If I can find an APK for the previous version I'll share.

Solis are idiots.

Yeah I uninstalled and put 4.0.4 back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Anyone here got the new Solis 6kwh hybrid https://www.ginlong.com/uploads/file/Solis_datasheet_S6-EH1P(3-6)K-L-EU_GBR_V2,5_2023_06.pdf

A friend is looking for some details.

They're claiming 125a/6kw charge/discharge but we all know the 🐶💩 that the 5G was with its 100A rates so the question is that 125A sustained?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Install in Jan and I only ever had one amp setting and that applied to all 3 slots. Always thought it would be great to have option for different setting for each time slot.

I'm back to 3, rolled back the software version and all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭trant

Hi everyone,

New to PV so please bear with me.

We have the following setup:

• Solis Hybrid 5KW Inverter with dongle (I assume WiFi v3 as it was manufactured in May 2023)
    • Weco 4.3XP Battery
    • 10x 410W Jinko panels
    • Wallbox Pulsar Plus with N1 CT
      • Charger "Eco Smart" mode is enabled in "Full Green" mode
      • Fixed charging schedule set for off-peak hours (midnight to 8am)

The intention is to trickle charge the car using excess energy thanks to the CT, and charge the car from the grid off-peak using a fixed schedule.

How can I ensure the Wallbox doesn't drain the battery during scheduled charges, as discharging one battery to charge another is not very efficient. Some online posts have suggested setting a discharge schedule for all hours outside of scheduled EV charging, but I can't find a way to set this in the app. Have emailed Solis to see if it needs to be activated on their end.

Is any of this even necessary with the CT clamp?

Thanks a lot,

Justin.

• Advertisement

maybe setting a house battery charge time period equal to the EV charge time period? then again, some batteries have a 'do not drain' feature if they're an AC-side system.

Advertisement