Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceled tech-insurance in Curry's (via cancelling direct debt). But they're still covering me

Options
  • 06-09-2023 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

As in, somehow the cancellation of the direct debt must not have registered on their system.

And though I haven't paid in 4 months, they're still providing me with insurance (the premium I have is month-to-month).

Additionally, I just got my laptop repaired with them, which totaled about 300 euro.

The defect with the laptop was "fatal", per se. As in, it simply stopped working, totally fried after only 12 months and 1 week of use.

Now based on the other threads delineating Irish consumer law, I should have been covered regardless, therefore I'm not losing too much sleep over the insurance non-payments.

I questioned in store (just the regular floor staff) as to this situation, and they said getting it repaired outside of insurance is significantly more complicated and full with hassle.

Apparently one needs to get the problem diagnosed by a third party, then give the machine to Curry's and have them validate the diagnosis (which they'll try everything in the book to avoid doing), and only then, they might agree to repair/replace it outside warranty or insurance.

As Curry's is actually a UK business, does small claims court proceedings in the EU/Ireland apply to them?

As in, would a SCC application actually accomplish anything, if I wanted to rely on that in future when something goes wrong, instead of maintaining tech insurance?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

Comments

Advertisement