Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm getting my gas boiler replaced today, so the lads doing the job are in and out to their van, every now and then. An hour ago, one of them was pounced upon by my next-door neighbour who lies in wait in these situations. He cannot help trying to make small talk with anyone who comes to the house to do a job, and he usually tries to 'help' them to do it better.

One time, he offered a landscape gardener a loan of his long-handle clippers, but the professional said politely but firmly "I have all the tools I need because I do this for a living", probably the best way of dealing with him. My neighbour doesn't even do it out of naïve helpfulness; it's to show off the 'great' stuff he has. 🙄

He's sort of loitering outside my gate now, possibly hoping that one of them will come out. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

All this talk about how expensive everything is getting and yet in the last few week, Coldplay sold out all concerts in a short space of time. 70,000(more like 100,000) people able to spend 3 days at EP with overpriced drink / food.

How many will go to Rugby world cup, how many will attend the ploughing match ?

Yes things have got more expensive but some people will complain and not cut their cloth ! If I can't afford it I don't eat it/buy it / drink it yet we seem to have bred a generation who are not willing to say "actually no I can't afford this so i will do without "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Cutting your cloth means spending €1500 on a staycation, and getting only 3 nights for 2 Adults and two kids in an adjoining room, no breakfast. €1050. Restaurant spend only a main course for adults, chips and ice cream for the kids. Glass of wine nightly, one pint on one night, €300. Various stuff for the room, lunch bits and juice for the car. €150. That's quite a spend for staying in a refugee centre, sorry, 4 star Hotel. I forgot, €35 admission to a visitor attraction nearby, two pensioners and two kids under 20. Then you read about dopes paying €800 for a VIP ticket for a teenie to see, Taylor Swift was it? VIP ticket is standard ticket with a bag with a tee shirt and other shite. Very Imbecelic People. There is no value for money in this country.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The expression "More money than sense" springs to mind, all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Trying to dry your hands with a wet towel. 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My bank seems to be massively incompetent. They got back to me after three working days, despite promising to respond within one working day, to ask for a bunch of information that they should be easily able to find. I knew they would too, and deliberately didn't provide it upfront to see if they'd be too incompetent/lazy to find it for themselves. Useless *ankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Why are most replacement toilet seats made of of plastic or rubber connectors. Pay €40+ and when you open the packaging the plate is plastic and the cover is plastic with chrome finish. These are usually brands are are sold in nealy hardware shop.

Went into screwfix and got one for €25 that had metal plates.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Recently spent ~$2000 on my car's suspension, ball joints, rack and pinion etc.

Was driving 2.5 hours to a festival to play a set. Car got me about 90% there and gave out. Serpentine belt snapped.

Managed to get picked up with my gear and did my set. Camped the night.

Secured a lift back to the city. We got about 90% back when his car broke down.

Thank fork for CAA.

Should find out this eve how bad my own one is...🤞

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I saw the metal attachments on sale for close to 20 quid in a shop. Greedy sods.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I started a new job recently and I'm really enjoying it so far, but mother of god, the amount of calls/meetings is just unreal. 8 today alone. When exactly am I meant to get any actual work done???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

You need to schedule a meeting with yourself so you can block others scheduling a meeting with you so you can get work done in between scheduled meetings. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people who cannot exist unless they have a telephone pressed to their ear or gazing into their WhatsApp… for one person I know this goes on about 12 hours a day….pure addiction that got worse during and since covid.. nearly every occasion you encounter them, phone is out…

dîckhead on tiktok who invites me to watch all their lives ( healthcare and fitness related ) but over the last year both direct messages I’ve sent asking the same question went unanswered… during the live their team.. “ like the live, share the live “ ad fûckin naseum but you want everyone to do stuff for your plight but you won’t take 25 seconds from your week to answer a very direct and simple question…nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That's what I do - block out a couple of hours throughout each day so that I can stuff done without interruption.

Means you show as busy on Outlook / Teams and people tend need not to contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Most beautiful weather we've had in a long time - so OF COURSE the house next door decides to start their building work this week. Kangol hammers and saws non stop all day yesterday and it looks like today will be the same.

Was wondering what big house karen was all about and I see nasty side of the irish rears its ugly face again. This wolfe tones thing has really brought out some creatures out from under their rocks. Most of those would be of the be kind bridage.

And they wonder why the **** is still happening in the north.

New neighbours bought a show home , inside and out. But since a couple of days after they moved in… the property has been a building site almost. At least one change they’ve already made very unambiguously required planning permission that wasn’t sought by them or granted to them …. they use their extended drive as a storage / loading / unloading point for commercial vehicles arriving and returning from large public events which they provide catering at and for… this is usually at all hours of the morning. All hours of this morning its kango hammer time again….

obviously not two fûcks given…. Nobody signed up to live by a noise and nuisance generating commercial premises… google has & can be used to screenshot the before, I’ll photograph the after, so if they want to make problems for others they are able too find out.. what goes around…. Cünts…😏

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Oh they're all about "focus time" and blocking out slots to do the actual work but we all have to share our calendars so as soon as people see that you're not on an actual call they'll consider that fair game.

I work in client service and tbf, this is the norm in every practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Kinsale RFC kids were on the 6.00 news preparing to represent "Ireland" in a parallel U12s 'World cup' in France. The heads of the five bowsies coaches trying to look serious while explaining how 'Funding for the trip' (beer money for a jolly) was nearly completed made me piss myself laughing. I wonder who dreamed this scam up to get to the world cup! Absolute chancers. U12s world cup my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

When someone writes "may his gentle soul rest in peace" on the condolence page of a notorious scoundrel, gambler, womaniser and drinker who never gave his family a minutes peace when he was alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭standardg60

When staff in the shop put your change on the counter instead of handing it to you when you've handed your money to them. Find it very disrespectful.

😂 This happened to me about 90 minutes ago too. I received one single euro change that yer wan plonks on the counter despite me having handed her the fiver… straight into her hand…

the double annoying thing was on picking up the euro I managed to drop it on the floor so I’m scrambling under the counter to retrieve the fuçking thing with people behind me….probably thinking ‘ clumsy , hurry up ‘ but if yar wan just has some fückin manners and returns the change to my open outstretched palm….gobshîte.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Well I mean you have an American, a literal 'Karen', publicly lecturing an Anglo-Irish aristocrat about the fact that he let an Irish rebel band play a few songs on his estate. Of course there will be pushback to that.

In the United States, after Independence, a lot of settlers who had been pro-British were kicked out of the country and had to shuffle up to British North America (now Canada) as refugees.

It doesn't matter , it's bullying and not a good look for the irish. Unfortunate her name is Karen so that's making them think they are real funny. I wonder how they would like it if they were treated the same way for something that people migth not agree with. Most would try to get twitter to ban them and probebly have a right whinge about how it's not fair that women are targets for bullying on the internet more than men.

A few that I have seen doing multiple tweets are from a nurse that was one of the #bekind lot and others are always on about mental health etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

You're right, its not good. I am not on Twitter because I think it gets too abusive.

If the person behind the counter is Irish, then I'd agree with you. If they're not Irish, then it could be a cultural thing - in some places you're expected to put the money on a little tray by the tills or on the counter itself, as it's considered bad manners to hand it to someone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Well, it is the trivial annoyances thread, after all. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Just meetings. I'm glad I'll never be compelled to attend another office bullshıt bingo session again. I tend to fall asleep at them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement