Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frequent lurker

I have just got notification of interview and presentation date

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Me too 😨

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭countyireland12345

Me too!😀😮

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lemma

Thats great, would you mind giving an idea of your test score or OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sophia27

Hello anyone who has already been offered a position how long roughly did it take from self declaration forms return to offer? For InterD. Thanks

• Advertisement

I scored 1137 after stage 1 and 117 in stage 2

Thanks so much for that information. Im a way off yet at 1096...really good to know, best of luck with your interview. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭res1

What is the lowest score from first round that are now being called forward to second round i.e culling of applications ?? Does anyone know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The Third Policeman

Anyone know where there at for Cork and Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭witty_name

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the process is for contacting references? Did we include these at application stage? They are not included in the downloadable application form, and I can't remember if I included references with my application, or perhaps this is information we provide at clearance stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭res1

No references are required at application stage. So most likely clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lozen

Sent clearance papers last Friday. My dept sent reference yesterday. Got offer this evening and I have until Friday this week 12pm to accept!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Wood

Where were you on the OOM lozen? My references were sent back Tuesday and i haven't heard anything yet.

Where were you offered out of pure nosiness?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at the previous page and saw you were 6th, still curious as to where you were offered.

Post edited by Wood on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 236frenchie

Can I ask you if you were 1137 in the Open or InterD stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Beara_000

FYI, most recent update from PAS re AP2022 (I emailed a few weeks ago re Open comp):

"Candidates who selected regions Dublin (Total Score of 1111 or higher), Meath (Total Score of 1227 or higher), Offaly (Total Score of 995 or higher), Kildare (Total Score of 1134 or Higher), Laois (Total Score of 1043 or higher) and Wexford (Total Score of 1055 or higher) have been brought to the next stage of the recruitment process.

We are currently operating a demand led recruitment approach for this competition, so we are only calling candidates forward when there is a demand from departments to fill vacancies within regions."

Was offered and accepted Dept of Children, equality, disability... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sophia27

Congratulations! Is any element of your new position remote or is it office based? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 organicsheep

While I don't work in DCEDIY, I work in a department that shares an office with them and like us they are 2 days in the office, 3 days remote.

Yep. That's what HR in DCEDIY have confirmed. 3 home 2 office

• Advertisement

That was my score after the first stage so the same on both inter D and open.

I was placed 372 on the inter D and 542 on the open after stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 redclogs7

Hey,

For those of you on the open panel who have completed clearance, how long did it take to get details and start date from dept you were assigned to? I’ve been assigned to DSP, got an email from HR/welfare.ie last Tuesday that they’d be in touch to confirm role asap but no word since.

Thanks to needing to give current mgr as a reference, I was put under a bit of pressure to resign so they could start hiring my replacement. I held off until I knew I was formally assigned (following successful clearance) but now a tad nervous about lack of specifics a week later.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ned22i0

In a similar situation with DSP. I asked about the next steps - they said it can sometimes take a couple of weeks before the specific role is confirmed, and advised not to give notice until then.

Thanks. Wish I’d asked the same, but I’ll follow up with them tomorrow.

I'm moving from DSP. If working in Social Welfare Services e.g. Intreo services, illness benefit etc it can be very demanding and high pressured with large numbers of staff and claim processing. Alot of time spent fire fighting staff issues and very stats driven. If working on policy side and based in one of the HQs it can be more project based with lesser numbers of staff and therefore less problematic. It's a huge dept with around 7k staff but they're spread nationwide. Alot of Dublin based roles could be policy based but worth asking which side of the house you'll be working on.

Hi, do not give official resignation until you get specifics from DSP, I was in similar situation for EO a few years ago and I was told I was being assigned to a location in Dublin, and they would get back to me with the specifics, and start date.

3 weeks later I was told the location had changed and the new location really did not work for me. I had to decline and wait for my second regional choice. If I had officially given my notice it would have been very messy to retract. I was already working for DSP as a CO at this time but had applied on open comp as didnt have 2 years experience.

DSP is huge and their HR can be inconsistent and have heard other stories of delayed start dates etc, my advice is to do nothing until you have confirmation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much for that. I emailed a follow up today to check rough timeframe for an update. If I need to I’ll try asking my current employer if I can extend notice period as unfortunately I’ve already submitted notice in writing. It’ll work out - or I’ll make it work if I need to.🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 21 OnwardsandUpwards

Does anyone know when we might expect the next AP competition to be advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭furrybones

The booklet states:

It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 31st October 2024. 

So we're probably looking at Q2 2024 before the next competition to open.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭boccers

Hi everyone just wondering for the report/presentation is there supposed to be a standard sized font/spacing etc. I did the HEO interview two years ago and it was very specific but all I see in this one is that it is to be two pages. Two pages at 11 font is very different to two pages at 8,9,13,14 font...

Advertisement