Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire routing for kitchen electrical socket?

Options
  • 03-09-2023 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey everyone,

I've a wall in my kitchen where, over the kitchen counter I have an electrical wall socket on one end, a window in the middle and I'd like to install a new wall socket on the other end like the drawing I've attached.

However, as I opened the original wall socket to check what was inside the wall and how to route a cable from there and extend the ring circuit to the new socket, I've noticed there is a vertical wood beam the goes all the way from the roof to the floor. I suppose the same will exist on the other end of the window.

In this situation, how would you go about routing a cable to a new socket doing minimal damage and without have exposed cables in the kitchen?

I've also found there is lose socket under the kitchen cabinets where the washing machine is connected to. This electrical socket has a cable coming from the wall.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement