Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

Who is this eejit talking about tge potential explosive device? Asked to describe the device eg size etc he just waffles on and decided to close down a Garda station instead of the putting it back on the beach or an quiet open area so the bomb squad could deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Am I missing something, or is he lecturing people about the dangers of picking up bombs while simultaneously saying he decided he was going to take a risk and bring a bomb to a Garda station because he didn't want people being evacuated from their houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What sort an ludremawn am I listening to, he finds a bomb on a beach, he brings it home and then puts it in a van and drives to a garda station with it the bleddy eegit

Yeah you got it in one. He seems like an absolute arse really. He also said he has requested beachcombers to bring him anything they deem to be interesting and he seemed to imply the person who did what he asked was really stupid and inconveniencing him, all before he picked up the device himself and drove it to a Garda station in a populated area.

Thanks, I missed the start so I wasn't sure if there was some context missing that would have made this sound less insane than it was.

• Advertisement

I might llusten to that segment again. The guy mentioned something about not wanting to inconvenience his local estate with having the bomb squad shoe up and close off the area but he did far worse by going to the local cop shop which then had to close and probably inconvenienced a whole lot more. There really should be a charge of wasting police time/resources for this kind of carryon. The guy should be prohibited from looking fir anything interesting again. He had some neck too. If I was that stupid I’d go away and think about what I’d done, not been on the phone with PBH!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

LOL what a buck eejit!, I'll have to listen back :-)

Not only that, but he risked blowing himself, and whatever unfortunate people might have been in the vicinity, up just because he seems to consider himself to be an expert on dealing with unexploded ordinances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Claire is back off the holliers, already we've had a scare story about farmers taking cocaine every day just to stay awake on their tractors. This account from someone who just happens to work with drug addicts, so we may suppose he meets the odd lad doing this. But widespread???

And a wokey woman about how difficult it is for millenials to remember to pay their bills. These bills of course including RTE licences!!!!! Great excuse if you end up in court - Judge I have a condition called Errand Paralysis!

Now more endless rehashing of the Guildford story, how many times can you recycle it. Nearly worse than poor old Tom Crean.

Hairdresser radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

First thing I heard was someone saying they had thousands of views on social media but she hadn't her makeup on.

• Advertisement

Claire having a lad on this morning softening us all up fur the grand return of RT! It’s pathetic really.

Full on in defence of poor Ryan this morning as well. You lie down with dogs Claire and you get fleas..

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Here comes today's Covid update. New variant. Is it time to be concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

no ones doing antigen tests simple as. no one I know even talks about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

• Registered Users Posts: 33,478 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Going to be long autumn and winter, media starting to big up Covid again.

You missed her other staples - Fashion, Food & Films

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Post edited by Brian Scan on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

excellent post Breener

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

We’re back to Covid and Trump , the auld reliables

• Advertisement

And Irelands only child psychologist, Dr David Coleman, is back on as per usual.

I wonder was there any notion, at the height of the payment scandal and NKMs name becoming known to everyone, of maybe trying to have another child psychologist on the show? Was it ever pointed out by CB or Coleman himself that he too was represented by NKM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

I didn't realise that, it would explain his prominence over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I was reliably informed (via pm) that close to the time that Claire made her on-air statement about her earnings and fees, that RTE received a query asking why Claire has lots and lots of her NKM buddies on the show (in a similar way that the TV show did) - It does seem there was a drop off of her mates turning up on the show for a while...but it seems to be returning to business as usual

Claire: 'I'm just getting some breaking news - Someone has dropped a cigarette butt on the ground outside T2 at Dublin airport - We have Eoin Corry on the line - Morning Eoin, what's going on?'

Yeah it was obvious, but only if you knew. Many of us have been watching these stable mates appear on shows repeatedly. Shows you how much power NKM had within rte.

Needs to be nipped in the bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Now interviewing an Irish woman stuck in the Burning Man festival. Her name is Daytona with a posh D4 accent. She flew over there for the festival but wants to be environmentally friendly by "being careful to leave no impact behind". Such a Burning Man millionaire stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The media in Ireland is so self absorbed it's not about you it's about the audience, the audience like him it's not just about being a psychologist it's about how it's presented, CB can have a fair bit of inane drivel but over all it's a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I've heard more on RTE about that American festival than I have about our own Electric Picnic.

Has the bite herself begun to read out text messages?

I could be wrong but I don't think she used to do that. Is this part of the strategy to try to make her programme less boring and bland ?

Coleman last week, NK's Eoin McGee this week, covering the increase in the price of sugar.

A double hit for Eoin this week, sugar on Wednesday, electricity price reductions today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Comical discussion on the warm weather this morning. Claire Byrne really is an alarmist.

Advertisement