Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today is a bit of a disappointment to say the least, fully cloudy with drops of rain every few minutes and doesn't feel that warm today compared to recent days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

25c Donegal airport, 24c Malin head

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Today is like the days used to be when I lived in Spain. Hot and sunny and smells continental. But cloudier weather coming from south. Hottest conditions may be in Northern Ireland today. Will have to see what tomorrow brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joshmiller98

I like autumn very muchhh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very warm and humid here in Kerry, calm with with patchy altocumulus layer.

• Advertisement

Live "unofficial" temperatures from my weather station buds. 25c in Sligo now. A couple of 27s on the map as we near midday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

West is best again by the sounds of it or maybe more accurately just anywhere but the East.

Sun is trying to break through in D24. A fine day but nothing to be writing home about so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cloudy af in D5 but I'm not gonna complain, it's warm and it's not raining and it's September

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

25 degrees at Belmullet Co.Mayo at Midday. Fair going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Brightening up now in south Dublin and feeling very warm. Time for a swim in the warmish Irish Sea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sun is trying to make an appearance but it really is struggling to last much more than 4 or 5 seconds. Tomorrow is meant to be the peak of the heat and I'm beginning to have my doubts if it's going to remain as cloudy as this. The past 5 days have been great for sunshine, today not so much at least here in Meath.

I'd say by 2pm we'll be sunny in Laois. If not, so what. It's a spectacularly warm morning\early afternoon for 7th September, the wall of heat that hits you is like during an exceptional warm summer spell. I absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

City of Derry Airport reporting a temperature of 27°c at 12:20pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Claire Byrne, Mr Murphy said Met Éireann expects tomorrow will be the hottest day of the current sunny spell, when the existing temperature record for September could be broken.

"Our record temperature for September is 29.1C and that was reported in Clongowes, Co Kildare in September 2009.

"So a record-breaking temperature for September is not impossible for tomorrow as it will be the hottest day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's hot in Galway!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

YET again the latest reports has Dublin Airport ‘fair’.

It is not ‘fair’ unfortunately but very dull.

* the record is 1906 and not 2009 is it not?

Mount Dillon 27 degrees at 1pm

Sligo 26c . My thermometer says 26.9c but reads a bit high. Definitely over 25c today. Can feel the oppressiveness that comes once it breaches that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Donegal airport 27°c at 1:30pm.

There's a lot of 27s knocking around on the map now. Surely one of them can get a 28 or 29.

Malin Head mustv busted it's record in bits by now. N Derry.

• Advertisement

A thunderstorm warning has been issued for Cavan, Monaghan, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly & Westmeath ⚠️

⚡️Potential for frequent lightning.

⏲️Valid: Now until 18:00 Thursday 07/09/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

I just looked at some traffic cameras in the area and all the ones on the M50 in the Finglas/Ballymun area (ie, close to the airport) all have sun shining strongly but with plenty of clouds too so in terms of cloud cover, "Fair" seems par for the course. Met Eireann seem to use the term "Fair" when conditions are "Partly Cloudy" or "Mostly Cloudy".

Looking at a slightly more in-depth report, "Mostly Cloudy" is being used to describe the weather at Dublin Airport.

From a non-scientific point of view, I personally view "Fair" weather as being nice, calm and pleasant weather. Nothing too extreme in any way, just nice......fair :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It’s very warm here south west of the country at 26 degrees with hazy sunshine but the sun is very strong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very warm/ hot in Tralee now, much sunnier with just a few clouds about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Temps rocketing in Cork now with the hazy stuff clearing. Readily 25 across the city, surely will get 26 in the next hour or so. I'd say tomorrow will definitely beat the Sept record

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Hot here near kells, hazy sun with odd big drops of rain while the sun is still shinning. How is with you now Gonzo?

Still very cloudy but it is 25C, a bit like a cloudy day in Spain and thundery looking clouds to my west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Jesus I can't wait for this muck to clear out of the way early next week.....

28 degrees at Donegal Airport at 2.30pm

Metar

EIDL 071330Z 18011KT 150V210 CAVOK 28/20 Q1015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Just had a shower . These showers are developing very quickly out of nothing.

Advertisement