Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'm a townie (euro for a hostel buuud) but went to a big farm show at the weekend and it was brilliant!

All manner of amazing looking sheep and cattle and dogs and goats and ducks and all kinds of things. Isnt nature class, and fair play all the farmers that made such an effort and show all the rare breeds.

I did kneel in woolly scottish cow scutter but thats for the TA thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th the neighbours Calico cat comes to visit me now on a nearly daily basis and as soon as they see me open the front it's straight over to me to say hello and yesterday I was dangling string In front of her and she was going mental trying to catch and then would pretend she had no interest in it and then sneakily try to cat it again 😺😺 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Our cat doesn't need expensive dental treatment e.g. anaesthesia + dental clean. Looks like dry food should do the business. So, see what happens when you accidentally see a different vet. 😁

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Cats. Anything to do with cats. I just love cats. I know they're malevolent, cruel monsters but they're just so adorable and fluffy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I have never been a cat person..it's more that I'm afraid to pick up delicate animals in case I hurt them but also I'm afraid they'll bite me lol but sometimes I see posts online and they are so expressive and cute and funny..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

TH ive just learned what a calico cat is. Id seen the word before but have only now googled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

You know manx cats...no tail always remember that when I went to the isle of man 😊

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A cool breeze.

Finally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,605 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

😂 this is too funny….

I posted a comment on a US social media site under a video that a person posted. My comment was subsequently reported, removed and I received a message of censure all be it I don’t think I got a formal warning ! Yet…!

my comment was regarding a man who was doing one of the most dangerous jobs on earth whilst partaking in smoking a cigarette.

however I ultimately carelessly ( it seems ) have violated the ‘community guidelines’ and sensibilities of some thick cûnt(s), by referring to the cigarette as… * drum roll *….. a….’fag’…. The user and moderator obviously both agree that it was ‘hateful’ speech which is what I’ve been censured and censored for….

are people really that fûcking dumb, in any English speaking territory ? To misunderstand or misinterpret a comment about a man clearly smoking a cigarette and a user who uses the word fag ?! I just googled the word ‘fag’…. The first result is…to link to the Collins English dictionary to describe a cigarette. So I’m not going mad, or madder, anyway…. People are trying their best though 🙈🤌🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It doesn't mean cigarette in America and it is offensive there. Unfortunately, it's a case of knowing your audience.

I'm happy it's cooler this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bought the posh cat food for our cat and she is doing her utmost to chew the lid off the sealed container that we keep it in.

Dentist provided a complementary treatment. I finished up my consultation, went to the waiting area where I was awaiting his PA to print up my next appointment… I get called up, I’m handed the appointment card, i proffered the 90 euros and she just shakes her head, “he’s said this is complimentary today “…… I’ve paid him the price of a decent new car over the years and I doubt it’s noticeable in his busy accounts but he didn’t need to, suppose it shows that business is appreciated and his work and that of his team certainly is from my perspective….

subsequently to the Grand Hotel in Malahide, where I haven’t been for a while, amazing refurbishment job in the restaurant , sublime food, kind and attentive service….. not inexpensive but I’ve no issues paying for food and service of that quality in such comfortable and plush surroundings….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Watching the documentary😥 Vicky Whelan was in before she passed away. 😪

Part of it showed the proceedings in the Dáil and in the inquiry. The look on Marylou's face as she listened to Leo waffle on while all the time being a smug git was, imo priceless(one of the classic "one more word out of you" type looks) The calmer but no less angry face on Collette's Connolly was a study.

A strange thing to be th about but I love to see that kind of real feeling in politics.

Honourable mention goes to Allan Kelly, who looked genuinely upset about what he was hearing in the enquiry.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

The absolutely gigantic arse on yer wan walking in the background in the Eir gigglybit ad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement

as I left the bathroom post shower, half dressed, the doorbell rings, fûck it’s UPS ! Managed to somehow throw some clothes on, and get to the front door before he drives away, so I have my clothing delivery.…….👍🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,335 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah , I once asked for 20 Marlboro in America and got handed a sleeve of them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you cut the string on a bag of potatoes (or coal) and it opens first time 😁

(Instead of knotting up and refusing to open!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Drove into an estate in one of the most densely populated areas, It has mature trees and more green spaces than I have seen in similar builds that are more recent.

Th, 1. Just inside the turn was a mobile goal post, I told it lives there and the kids move it to wherever they wanted it and back for the others to use.

Th 2, further down there are so mature trees and the girls have put up some rope swings and one of the residents donated a folding table they can use for whatever.

Th3, in a different but adjacent green space which is cleared a bit, there are basketball hoops, which also belong to the residents association.

I loved to see the community pull together like that,

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Meeting a friend for a coffee/pint on a rotten wet day in a decent coffee shop/pub.

The way birds equally distribute themselves on a telephone line etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Goodigal

Went to a yoga class this morning with a teacher I haven't been to in over a year. Forgot how much I loved her voice! And she read some beautiful pieces while we were relaxing at the end. Was perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went shopping this morning. Arrived home and just as I was unloading the shopping, a DPD van pulled up with a delivery.

If I arrived any later, I'd have missed it as there was no-one else home.

• Advertisement

Th sitting on the stairs with the 3 year old little princess and she's giving me all gossip from pre-school 😃.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Advertisement