Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I used to despise the general staff meetings in my old department. They would ramble on for almost two hours with the same people who loved the sound of their own voices talking utter sh!te while all the lab samples kept building up. This meant we were rushing like crazy after the meetings finished in order to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

It's the terminology which really grates. For the last 5 years of my career, (after 35 years of being left the fk alone to run my service), I used to attend 'mandatory' twice annual grand meetings of all IT and tech support staff, where the newly created inner circle would pontificate abstractly to those who actually had the hands to wipe their arse, to invert an old saying. They used to call them 'Town Hall meetings'. That alone made me puke. All the usual phases would emerge, going forward, blue sky thinking (wtf?) and many I forget. The very last one I ever attended, I spent it in the Queue for RWC tickets, to the hilarity of those beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Any form of this experience annoys me:

A person despite warnings keeps pushing me for info about my life, my quals etc.

Bar telling a colleague to FO there was no way of avoiding this convo, so she asked if did I do x exam in a former work lifetime and I said yes but I didn't progress as I couldn't pass the exams*

She then says, Oh mine did and went on to be (insert high-brow jobs in the industry), wtf, I said I'm unfit for the industry and tells me how wonderful her kids are at it!🤮

*exams which are notoriously hard to pass if I had a normal brain and normal ppl working in the industry have trouble passing.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

TA standing room at outpatients appointment when my back seizes up while standing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Somebody in Donegal has created an account on a website called MyProtein.ie using my email address and placed an order. not the first time this has happened. the last time it was a lad in Scotland who created an account on some clothing website and created multiple orders. I contacted the website but got no reply. so i reset the password and cancelled the orders. I imagine I will have to do the same this time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Unskippable ads on youtube, especially 1 after the other.

Any Ryanair ads, as you know you're going to be screwed somehow.

O'Leary, the Pied Wiper, gets more free publicity..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Stupid people honestly I hate them.

Post edited by ruth...less on

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fckued up my back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Q102 and their extremely limited and repetitive morning playlist. The coffee shop at work has it playing every single morning. If I hear Man I feel like a woman by Shania Twain one more time I think I'll scream!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Being fairly diligent about putting on suncream on yesterday and still managing to get burnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

In so much as I can't stand MO'L and his schtick, you read the small print and you play by Ryanair's rules, you get a cheap flight. You don't, through inattention or you thinking you know better, that's on you. You don't like, you are free to choose another carrier.

TBF unless he orchestrated the pie attack it's hardly free publicity. He seemed to brush it off pretty well and not go running off camera all hurt and insulted.

Yes, Ryanair has been a model of transparency and customer service. These are the c*nts who charged ten individual credit card transaction fees on a return booking payment for a family of five, one per seat, until the EU ended that particular gallop.

He was quite shook after he was creamed, quite a bit of confusion on his face. He'll be raging he didn't smile and make an instant quip through the instant whip. Bent and fumbling not an authoritive look at all.

I couldn't help noticing the Cutout of Ursula von der leyon. Did he deliberately undersize her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Whatever about Ryanair I admire Michael O’Leary for continuing to pay his taxes in this country, unlike so many of the personalities who are worshipped.

I also remember when flying was for the wealthy and he and other low price airlines have opened the world to everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If anyone remembers the cost of a short hop from Dublin to London in the pre Ryan Air days they can only be thankful to MOL. Aer Lingus were a bloated semi state monstrosity of a thing that cost an absolute fortune. Ryan Air opened up travel to the non elites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Whatever happened to the "No going against the TA" rule? 🤔

In the pre cartels and monopolies days, everything was too expensive. Literally everything. Deregulation and competition were the main drivers of lower prices, resistance in the Airline industry among the highest. You can thank the EU in long run for the free and open market for everything, not Mol.

Businesses will still find ways to gouge you however, tacit cartels, sharp practices gentleman's agreements and monopolies in all but name still exist. Look what you're paying for electricity. Twice the European average. Look what you pay to see a starlet in the point depot, and your choice of ticket vendors. Do you know how much of your Just Eat purchase goes to the producer? Have you priced a flight to France this weekend? Free market works both ways, freedom to compete, and freedom to charge what you like. Imagine paying treble the fare on the 46a because it's rush hour? That's MOLs world. I wouldn't canonise him just yet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Whatever happened to the no "backseat modding" rule?

(I see the irony in what I wrote - kettle pot black etc)

Working from my boyfriend's house today, which backs directly onto a school. They stagger the breaks, which means there seems to constantly be kids in the yard, and mother of christ, do they scream. I do *not * remember my own schoolyard being remotely as frenzied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bought some sunscreen for my holiday but didn't twig it was perfumed. No idea what it smells like - hopefully won't go around smelling like Mrs. Bucket....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

in Tesco earlier on today: I rarely venture and won't be in any hurry back

just two tills manned - well only one really, as t'other one is one of them scan your own groceries type job...

... 6 self-service tills. half of those pay by card only 😒 for the ten or so minutes i was there, i don't think there was ever more than one person at the pay by card self-service till 😋

main TA tho is when the shop girl comes to the queue (about 6 or so of us in it) and goes, "anyone paying by card?" as if to alleviate congestion.... just open up the rest of the tills luv and let them tills accept cash as well as card 🙂

This, is a huge bugbear of mine, There are two designated cash self-service tills in the local one. 1. they upgraded it to card/cash 2. now it has been reset it only takes notes and is slllllllllllllllow to find change 3. that till is offline more than it is on 4. the single cash till is glitchy and can't be trusted to accept coins or to fulfil the complete scanning process.

One of my long-time ex-colleagues passed away over Christmas, She worked in a fem-centric organisation and they were all "girl power", "women doing it for themselves" blah blah blah.

The firm has motivated the subsidiaries to have a charity fundraiser for the charity ex-colleagues "set up" when she was ill. I happened on the events social media and so many messages are variations of her stories about how the women in her family tell stories of pulling together to keep families in homes/fed when poverty was at its worst in the city she was from.

Messages all about women pulling together to help other women less fortunate/sick etc., how inspiring she was etc.

Interesting original message from the person who played centre stage in a bullying campaign against another woman.

I can't tell if it's the hyperbole or hypocrisy that ta's me most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

One of my neighbours is a childminder and minds two little brothers a few days a week in her own home.

For some reason her husband concreted their back yard and when the boys are out back in fine weather there's no sound absorption.

I've often gotten up from my desk in my home office and ran to check that my cat wasn't fighting with another cat because of the shrieking, only to remember it's the noisy boys again. I definitely think it was quieter years ago! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

German / French / Dutch DVD & BD releases of UK and US television series.

The TA is on-screen credits / menus / inlays not being in English so it’s difficult to initially know which episode you’re watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve been ringing the local chipper since 9.45 , and no answer . So I drove up to it . What kind of chipper closes at 10 before the pubs empty out ?

All three of the chippers near me. All of whom happen to be owned by the same family. 10pm every night. Except Monday and Tuesday, when they don't open at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This one only opens at the weekend afaik. But its equidistant to both pubs .

Ah well it’s oven lasagna 😡

actually looking up air fryer onion rings , it might be easier and quieter

it’s probably a sign that pubs aren’t that busy and people drink at home

• Registered Users Posts: 25,289 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m about 150 meters from a school and the same… they pass my place to go home for lunch and at home time….the kids for some reason, all fellas are absolutely shrieking at each other at mega decibels, I know that wasn’t a thing at any time during my childhood or adolescence so what’s the craic with it now… ? Boisterousness certainly we were that and some… but male kids screaming and screeching at each other like lunatics ? Bizarre…it’s only a thing in the last few years… 😵‍💫

thank fûck for double glazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm currently visiting a lady in a nursing home in a ward housing very fragile people.

A male visitor of the other lady in the room needed to use the loo. That's not a big deal, go right ahead. However, have the decency to:

1. Close the fu*ing door.
    2. Put the fu*ing seat back down.
    3. Flush the fu*ing loo.
    4. Wash your fu*ing hands, especially if you intend pawing everything in sight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement