Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SineadLB

Had my interview in June/July, they only interviewed up to 20 as far as I'm aware. Currently in pre employment process up to number 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GiantDwarf

Got assigned to the Department of Agriculture in Wexford.

Does anyone know what it's like there?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SineadLB

Best department to get, chilled, relaxed. Can be busy sometimes. The grounds are amazing then too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GiantDwarf

• Registered Users Posts: 3 singlekerryman

Does anyone know what the NSSO is like to work in??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 AJ767

Hi, I applied for Clerical Officer through my local Co. Council and was successful, OOM 13, but I hate the not knowing when I'll get the call, Can I just ring the HR Dept and ask where they are in the list and would they tell me a general timescale of when they expect to be hiring candidates?

Post edited by AJ767 on

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nikki2022

@singlekerryman Super I loved it there I worked for a year there as CO recently got EO busy but 4 days WFH most floors and flexi from home also any more questions just ask.. congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LegallyPending

Hey I emailed +ClearanceMailbox@publicjobs.ie to find out where I was and they didn’t tell me about any vacancies but they let me know how many people were ahead of me, they were really helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 29 VolkIreland

Told 3 weeks ago there was 24 ahead of me in the Limerick bunch to be processed, but I've heard nothing since. Interesting. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mattiemattie

Hi Folks,

Got a message asking did I want to be considered for role in Galway at Revenue. Anyone know what revenue is like to work for? Also if you don't express interest does that go against you? I would be apprehensive working for them however don't want to miss out on job!

• Advertisement

Howdy, got a message asking if I want to be considered for Revenue in Galway office

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭crinkley

I know 2 people working in revenue and they like it, always busy and great for internal promotions they both made EO quickly and then one HEO after that, good working form home options when you get through training as well

Saying that if you don't want it contact PAS to clarify if it will go against you, with revenue they like to train in batches so would rather the full quota turned up on the first day - many times this doesn't happen and people are just a no show so if its an expression of interest I don't think it will go against you

Great work from home options and able to build up flexi, some overtime available at busy periods if you want it. I thought they were running their own separate comp though

Thanks for the info! Would the people you know have had a background in using maths etc. I'm grand with that but not my biggest strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 redwhitekopper

No, it shouldn't. My brother was offered one with the DoJ I think, prior to accepting a role with the DSP. Also, people may have seen AGS are looking for 400 clerical officers throughout the country, may be of interest for some.

Neither of them have a background but then neither work in Galway so I don't know if its mainly a call centre or what they deal with. Training is probably more intense and it appears busier than other CO roles but thats a preference, I prefer to be busy.

But if you don't feel you'd like it and it means you'll be offered something later, which you will this comp is young and you've got a good OOM, and you're in no rush I suppose you have to do what would make you the happiest

Wow. Thanks for your very generous and helpful response.! Much appreciated and helps my thought process! 🙏🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tlcfitz

Hi folks I emailed Public Jobs and they replied on 28th August to advise 39 called for interview for Westmeath. They said up to 269 on Order of Merit called for previous 2022 CO campaign.

I'm 178 on panel for Westmeath, would be hoping to get called for interview even by February/March next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tranquilo

Does anyone know how long it takes +ClearanceMailbox@publicjobs.ie to reply?

I emailed all my documentation a few days ago but heard nothing back yet. Just wondering if they acknowledge the emails

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Winsvins

Nsso is good place to work. I have been here for almost a year now. No complaints so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

they never replied to me unless they were looking for more documents or getting you ready for the next step 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GulKnolwe

Sooner than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭shmeee

Revenue send out expression of interests to a batch of people next in line on the OOM. So for your example, maybe 20 people who were next in line on the OOM got the same message. You do not have to accept the offer. You can turn it down and stay on the panel, just may take longer for a position to come up is all and then on your next offer (if not expression of interest) youv'e to take it.

On Revenue, great place to work. Excellent training which is delivered both in house and online WFH. You are kept busy and interested. Hard to say exactly what you will do until you know your division / department. I presume it will be the Geata Na Cathrach Office, various divisions based there.

On your question about Maths, again you will have training on all aspects of the job. And you might even end up in a division where you will not even need to do any tax calculations. But it wouldn't be something I would let go against you taking the position.

The flexi-time and WFH (up to 4 days per week) are great (again could be department dependent on the WFH / Flexi). All equipment to WFH is provided.

Best of luck, whatever route you choose!

I think you applied for a different position as County Council positions are not filed from the panel discussed in this thread. Did you apply online on PublicJobs website? The positions discussed here were applied for in April this year when the applications opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 redwhitekopper

Accepted an expression of interest for Revenue in Nenagh, so will see how things progress. Delighted 😊

Well done. A good mix of departments in Nenagh; customs, business divisions, collector general, debt management employer services, charities and a few more. No PAYE in Nenagh so I'd consider that a positive.

Usually it moves fast once you accepted the expression of interest and everything else falls into place. Nenagh is a fine office, big place but the days/day your in the office it may be only about 20% full. No issue with parking anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 caro131

I got the same email today for Nenagh and Thurles I wonder how many they take on at a time 🙂

Be more in Nenagh anyway, could be anywhere from 5 to 20 at a guess.

What option you thinking? Thurles or Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 caro131

I am nearer to Thurles so defo would be my number one , reading through these comments I’m guessing there is an option for blended working , this is all new to me coming from a completely different work background.

• Advertisement

Yes, you can apply for blended working. I know in Nenagh office, staff do 1 day per week in the office.

If I'd to pick one office over another on what I know, I'd go with Nenagh.

Advertisement