Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple music Turkey and others using a FUPS account/prepaid debit card

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone try this with MS Xbox pass?

Need to keep the son playing flight simulator at a more reasonable cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

@Gumbo I bought a few games last night on the Xbox store turkey via my PC. I used my other Turkish card the Oldubil virtual card for payment rather than FUPS as there is a 5% service charge on MS store purchases bought with FUPS.

But you could use FUPS to buy this direct (with fee) - https://www.xbox.com/tr-TR/games/store/xbox-live-gold/CFQ7TTC0K5DJ/000D , no need for a VPN.

I also set up an account on https://www.trendyol.com/ which is a bit like amazon. I needed a Turkish number to register, used 5sim again for that bit. You might get something cheap there. FUPS card works here (tested), Oldubil doesn't have 3D Secure so it wont work there.

I'm hoping to get 3 years XBOX ultimate tomorrow when my card payment limit resets - Essentially following this guide https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/784047. Even with the recent price change it would work out cheap at around 90 euro. The main difference I'll be buying 12 month live gold here - https://www.trendyol.com/microsoft/xbox-live-gold-uyeligi-12-ay-p-36983548?boutiqueId=61&merchantId=339228 using my FUPS card and the 12x 1 Month Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription, 11x 1 Month Xbox Game Pass for Console subscription and 1x 1 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription at Xbox store turkey using Oldubil.

Total cost 2,634.71 TRY or 91 euro. Wish me luck !!!!

I’ll check it out now.

I found Trendyol alright but I struggled setting up an account as the phone number field kept messing up for some reason. Maybe as I’m on iPad with v-n so I might try it on the pc tomorrow. Maybe I need a mobile rather than landline? Reason I’m trying that is that they sell Netflix gift cards for face value online so could be a good way to stack up your account if your current payment card is nearing its expiry.

You need a Turkish moble phone number, I used the credit I had left over on my https://5sim.biz/en account used during setting up FUPS. You'll get a sms pin for setting up the account. Unless you later turn of 2 factor verification for logging in you won't need the phone number again other than for entering into the address field (At least I haven't required it I just log in with my email and password)

I bought some iTunes and Netflix vouchers for stacking there. When buying any just make sure in the description it say it's sent by email !!!

Another less hassle option is Turgame. It isn't far off the retail price https://www.turgame.com/netflix-gift-cards/ and no messing about .

Edit - My FUPS account has already reset thanks to the time difference. I bought the xbox live voucher there. I'm just waiting on it to be emailed, then I will try the rest of the trick. I imagine it'll be morning time before I receive that voucher when the sellers shop opens :-) Don't do anytime until I post an update

Just done it there. Bought Netflix gift card as test. Worked. Awaiting delivery. Used FUPS card.

thank you.

• Advertisement

Received and applied.

brilliant set up @Confused11811

I bought it on Trendyol.

I opened my Netflix.com in safari.

I had my vpn set to Turkey (Windscribe) not sure if needed or not.

clicked through the buy online tab to Trendyol and registered and bought from there.

https://www.trendyol.com/netflix/digital-code-200-tl-hediye-karti-p-238686997

Let us know how the Xbox voucher goes.

When you get it can you use it on his normal account here or does he need a new account through vpn etc?

can he log in here and enter the voucher or can he log in using a vpn and use it?

In the end I got 24 months Gamepass ultimate at a Total cost 2,634.71 TRY or 91 euro. It seems that MS are enforcing the 3:2 conversion rate, the process I followed had previously given a conversion rate of 1:1 so others got 36 months. Maybe buying the voucher and not going through XBOX store directly messed up getting 3 years for 91 euro, but at 45 euro a year gamepass ultimate is good value but not the the amazing value it was with the old trick from a few years back.

The Voucher bought from Trendyol worked fine but it didn't arrive until this morning. I couldn't apply it at first as I was in the wrong region despite having my XBOX set to Turkey. In the end I had to redeem it here https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem with VPN on after changing my profile region here - https://account.microsoft.com/profile .

I wouldn't have had to change my profile region or used VPN if just buying direct from the XBOX store as per the https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/784047 guide. I've bought a number of things this way before including 5 games on Wednesday. So the voucher required the region change and VPN. It possible the voucher also prevented the conversion rate of 1:1 as per the ozbargain guide but I honestly don't know some other brave soul will have to test that !!

If doing it again I would have followed the ozbargain guide to the letter and bought all from the Xbox store, this would mean no messing about with VPN or changing my MS profile and I might have got the conversion rate of 1:1. Or I would buy three 12 month vouchers from Trendyol, applied/stacked them after changing my MS profile region using VPN. Then bought one month game pass ultimate and got the 3:2 conversion , total cost that way would have been 2034.84 TRY or just over 70 euro for 2 years Game pass ultimate.

Overall I happy but don't think I'll renew gamespass next time around.

• Advertisement

All I need is access to flight simulator on his laptop.

So just Xbox Live ???

If that is the case, you could buy the voucher and change region and VPN or the easy option of buying here https://www.xbox.com/tr-TR/games/store/xbox-live-gold/CFQ7TTC0K5DJ/000D.

I make my purchases on XBOX turkey with the Oldubil virtual card, this avoid 5% extra fee and is very easy to set up. Transfer fund from your FUPS card to Oldubil and you are good to go

Yes he hasn’t got an Xbox. He is a PS5 guy 😂

But he plays FS through a MS account on his laptop.

I’ll give a try this evening and update.

Honestly I wouldn't know in that case !! Good luck.

I'm just about done with my trips to turkey !! I've loaded my Apple iTunes with a years worth of payment and about to load Netflix credit too. Disney paid up for the year too.

I'm cancelling Spotify as I find Apple music better and it's cheaper and as an android user no need to profile switch. I got a lifetime PLEX pass, Crunchyroll setup, 2 years MS game pass ultimate and even got a three years of HMA VPN ( Hide my ass) on 5 devices for 359.64 TRY while using another VPN :-)

Post edited by Confused11811 on

And you’ve done us all a good deed by starting these threads so thank you. Safe travels home 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Out of interest what are the advantages of Apple music over Spotify?

I do lots of driving and use android auto and I've tired the big three, Tidal, Spotify and Apple music. All three work well with it android auto, however I do find the volume/quality of apple music seem better. There is no noticeable difference in audio level when I switch from FM radio stations to the apple music app. Spotify and Tidal require the volume to be much higher than the FM radio which is a pain when I switch to the radio and I'm momentarily deafened because I forgot to adjust the volume down !!

Price wise it's the cheapest option 29.99 TRY for 6 family member. It's a PITA to set up but worth it once you have.

Ok,

Turned on VPN to Turkey.

Logged into sons MS account.

Changed profile to Turkey location.

Signed up for Game pass PC @ 80 lira a month.

Used FUPS with Turkish card linked (this is the key bit).

He’s up there now flying some tin can over North America so he’s happy 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Can this TRL price workaround only be taken advantage of in setting up a new Apple Music account? Been using Music since 2015 so would like to continue with my current account instead of creating a new one. Conversely it’s a really attractive price ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Which store do you buy your netflix gift cards from when you're in Turkey? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Sorry for the delay, I'm currently away. I use Trendyol for iTunes, Netflix and some MS gift cards. You'll need a Turkish phone number to set up an account there, that's a one time only thing. After setting up the account you won't need that phone number again. You can use what ever credit you have left on 5sim to get a working number. You'll have to use FUPS to pay for the goods too. There is zero markup on Netflix and iTunes gift cards there.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Confused11811, great post.

I'm looking to get Plex Pass but I'm having major problems trying to top up 5sim from Revolut.

Any pointers on what service you used?

Trendyol Turkey Website using the FUPS method or you can buy them in most supermarkets over there.

I got them in 101 on Ladies Beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

No problem, thanks for the info, I tried it with my FUPS just now, and it fails saying:

"A foreign card cannot be used for digital product (game code, gift card, etc.) purchases" which is strange as it worked for SSport & Microsoft, I've only spent a total of 170TL

Edit: I bought another FUPS card and it worked without issue, added it in the FUPS app and was able to spend the credit I had topped up the original card with

Post edited by surfin_shoes on

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Great post. In the middle of setting it up. What payment option did you use to top up the 5sim account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I chose Visa/MC with Unitpay

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I think I have enough credit left for one more number, if you can do it DM me and I'll try to use that credit up for you. I won't be using it.

Will need to get sorted before 8:30 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

No, just a normal Revolut card. I have a vague memory of my disposable card being rejected, but I can't remember if it was with Unitpay or another payment processor.

Advertisement