Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mullingar, Oak Park and Phoenix Park 24°c at 11am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

Think I need to recalibrate the temperature on my weather station. It read 28.1c yesterday but I feel Sligo got to about 27c. Now it says 23.4c Markree n Finner 22c . Think I'll drop it 1c and see where we end though calculated over time might be 1.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Hazy sunshine at times but mostly cloudy here. Hopefully should be gone within the hour.

3 stations 24c 11am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not when the weather is great or exciting!

Oak Park will have officially had heatwave conditions after today (max temp >25C for 5 consecutive days). This will be only the third September heatwave on record in Ireland.

The others were in September 1959 (Kilkenny) and 1991 (Oak Park).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

To me this September warm/hot spell has been the best spell of weather we have had all year. I've enjoyed it way more than weeks 2/3 of June because this spell has been much more sunny, no nagging winds and temperatures consistently mid 20s throughout and records have fallen already. An exceptional spell of early September weather that has done alot to take away the pain of the poor summer which came before it. plus I've now got a base tan ready for my holiday in Spain after next weekend.

There's a cloud over the sun in Sligo that seems particularly stubborn to move. No matter. Its too hot when sun comes out just strange it stays there and the rest of clouds move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭esposito

Agree with this. Sea swimming much more enjoyable as water is at its warmest this time of year. It genuinely feels like it’s July or August out there. Pure bliss.

Cork seems to be getting a raw deal out of this. Only 18 to 20c there today. The rest of us over 26c id imagine

Ok last text before I troll

Satellite showing stubborn cloud in NW now. Surely itl burn off by lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Agree, the sea is still cold in June so an easterly has a bite to it but in Sept an easterly even felt quite balmy as I mentioned the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Where are you seeing that? Fog has almost burnt off now, Met.ie has 26c for Cork City this afternoon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

25C Casement at 11.30am, could we see a 26C by 12.00. September Records likely to fall in the Dublin area this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Blue sky and hot in Wicklow

The amount of sunshine bodes well for record breaking. That was a concern, would we still be burning off cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stunning day in Dublin, unbroken blue skies as far as the eye can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wow one of the hottest day I remember here in north county Dublin, usually get a cool breeze when temperatures get to this level but nothing yet.

A roaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

25c at a number of stations in the east at midday

A plethora of 25c stations at 12pm. Getting the extra 3-4 degrees between now and 4pmish will be tight! I was hoping some of the 24c stations at 11am would jump 2c.

• Advertisement

Oak park is 1.1c warmer at midday today than yesterday. It recorded 26.7c yesterday. Its temperature was the same for 1pm and 2pm(possibly cloudy?) yesterday. I think it might push 29 possibly 30 if it remains clear.

Might avoid Cork City now. Southwest Cork looking cooler.

Temperature recalibrate complete and sun out so this is my official temperature....25.4c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Exactly definitely a nicer spell than June for us on the east coast

Shooting up now. 26.3c now.

Somewhere here might get 30c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunning day in Kerry, very warm but I am not feeling the humidity like other days, lovely clear blue skies. Last night was quit oppressive though, not a puff of air and hard to cool down the house but hopefully not as humid tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

27°c at Casement 1pm

Oak park 26.4c 1pm. Increase of 1.1c since 12pm. .6c of that in the past 30 mins.

• Advertisement

Got to 26.4c on my own thermometer but back to 25.9c now and there's fog out to sea that will probably hold our temperature at this.

Markree might squeeze a 28c . Next 4 hours addictive viewing nationwide.

Advertisement