Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I see. I've looked at your picks in 7:30 & 8:00 and nothing pops out. Glory Call is on the massive drift at the moment, I'm wondering what's the reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭standardg60

Wolves 8.30

Red Walls here for me at 10/1, has been running well over 6f lately but all wins have been at 5 and has won off 12lb lower as recently as last Nov.

Alex Jary has a 3rd and 4th from 2 rides on him and is his his only ride tonight.

Very poor run there.

9.00 Wolves

This is a very poor race with an even worse fav. Will probably hack up but Lightning Spark has to be worth an e/w bet at 20/1 for first run in a handicap.

Ran ok in two good maidens in the Spring so will forgive lto run to get a mark after a break.

Wolves 9.00

Boujee Gold sneaks into this 0-55 off 57 in first go in a handicap, well drawn in 2, has run here before and jockey has rode before. Could well be better than all these exposed types at 10/1. I've had a sizeable bet :-)

Hamilton 7.45

Burtonlodge Beauty is 1/4/6 wins/places/runs at this time of year, runs well here and was 2nd lto.

Definite e/w bet at 30/1 with 8 runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

6,35 Carlisle

COSA SARA 12/1 EW NB

1st go at this track... has good draw, is tactically versatile and goes well at trips that are at or close to a mile, on top of the ground

trainer, Jim Goldie, don't send many here so that's a positive also

do me. is fair price in an open race on a track that don't seem to have a massive bias as regards either racing prominent or from off the pace....

....seems to be a few likely frontrunners here - and today it may well favour one what races from off the pace or held up, perhappes..

gl

:)

Naasik is back out in the 3.55 Southwell, no 40/1 shot today but had a nibble at 17/2 for the win

That's a tricky one you picked!

Apart the two obvious - Shahnaz and Merricourt - which both are below their last winnings marks and with the current form (what else to ask for?). Cosa Sara is up to match her form with Royal Prospect again, they both were interfered with when last met in Ncs but Royal lost more of momentum in the process imho and still finished in front of Cosa, Royal is a multiple course winner though, so... I dunno...

I'm drawn to Gracelands Girl in this e/w at 14s, 4 places. First go in a 0-60 off 61.

Also interesting is Sean Kirrane on Royal is his only ride of the evening so a small rev f/cast too.

• Advertisement

7.05 Carlisle

This is interesting, odds on fav ran in Doom's (famously beaten at 1/25 earlier this week) race fto so don't think that form is up to much. Will take her on with Man of Monaco, Johnstons other runner looks bred for sprinting so strange to see him over this far.

Wolves 7.15

Like Koy Koy here, ran well lto at Chester, horses who run well there tend to run well here too, rev f/cast with Farasi Lane who finished 2nd to Just Bring It (won again today) in a hot race at Windsor lto.

a nice winner from stan there ☺️

pity me didn't see in time :( looking at result, it looked to be a 'count your money a furlong out' type job 😁

WD on finding @Koy Koy m8 !

me own pick, Cosa Sara, prolly had no luck in running really - Mark Winn(3) hardly a worldshaker of a jock, but this one looks as tho she needs to be produced late, so a place was good to get atc, as no gaps in front so had to head towards rail.. definitely capable of picking up a race (on good ground) in coming weeks - will need some judicious placement from handler tho as she requires plenty luck in running alas; but is far from one for max faith, but will likely back in similar event anyhoo, so long as is at least high single digits pricewise 🙄

anyhoo, looking forwards:

Sat, 9th Sept

Leopardstown - Good

a Group Two Juvenile Stakes race with €150,000 in ye generousse potte 😊

Aidan has the very skimpily priced fav, Diego Velasquez ~4/7 gen, in this, and the 2yo Frankel colt presumably sets ye standarde here... am pretty much mehh on his overall chances.... not much activity on exchanges atm, but all things equal and all eight go to post etc, am thinking DV is worth a lay at up to 4/5

.... plenty o righteous sires knocking about recently what are ~11yrs old and some even younger.. hard to get a bead on them insofar as will its progeny stay etc ect.... as far as jolly's sire -Frankel- goes, jury's out for me - me's thinking that in a race like this a mile be too stiff at this stage of his career. in this race, there are three sires what are 8yo or less - Justify , Study Of Man & Too Darn Hot - with Frankel a relative senior citizen at a mere 15yrs

there be plenty of pace on here and likely no prisoners tekken , as they say. jolly won as a 2/5 shot should over 7furlonges at ye Curraghe last month - ~5lgths win, but looks as tho he beat eff all 😃 (imho) .. race weren't ran in fast time neither.

not that i've a clue, but i think ye @Frankels operate well at about 7fs , but a mile be a '?' to me here tbs.. they (Frankels) seem to be able to win Maidens / Novice type / own age races over 6 and 7fs , but when they go hcapping and t'likes, seems to me they want 10 or 12 furlonges (as well as ground described as 'Good' or better)...

again, only my opinion and based on little data (Frankels runners in lst 21 days)

another thing counting against jolly (me hopes) is the ground... seems a lot of rain promised in Dublin region on Sat'dee, and, to me, that's a big negative for jolly..

pen landed on one at a price - should like the ground (if it gets softer, and likely it will).... may not be goode enuf, but DEEPONE 10/1 EW NB, can win at a mile and goes well with cut in ground = good enuffe for me..

Deepone can lead or track leaders; this race prominent type, i hope, will track em here..

fekkit, just checked prices and Deepone's been clipped from 14s into 10s :( ..... pity that - someone else were up earlier than me and clocked ye weather forecaste an' all; likely plenty o other folkes as well as Mr Twomey one presumeth 😂 would've deffo given @Deepone ye nappe if 14s were available or 12s even , but looks to be priced about right atm

one pick is plenty.. think Aidan's Capulet is a good price at 7s, but am wary of how he'll cope on possibly rain-softened ground, so happy to swerve

#StudyHubs #Artistry #Finlandwasrobbed #NOto@SmartMeters&Quakksines

gl

7,10 DR

two agin the field in this ~1m. 4f. contest featuring many dual purpose beasts

FUTUREM REGEM 10/1 EW , SIOUX PRINCESS (Res) 10/1 EW

will hope the reserve gets in - both these are capable at over ~12fs on top of ground, and have relatively few '?s'

not a lump job race - hope am in with winning shout at two pole 😊

bloke on IR website also likes FR so thatte good. Futurum Regem has narys the flat win from 22 goes, but has rarely been far away when tackling this sorta trip on good going. also has in form Wesley Joyce (7) atop. fair play to Wesley. think he broke his neck in race accident a while ago (nt sure when) and things weren't looking good. looking alright now ☺️

Sioux Prince has sound claims based on her time with Anthony McCann. has gone close without winning at trips between 10 and 12 furlonges on turf and AW both. first time cheekpieces may aid her cause also. hope she lines up

chanced an #uncheeky r/f'cst an' all 😁

Lightning Spark drifted on the day, and seemingly ran wide most of the race - according to results

has entry in ~11f race at Kempton on Wednesday (7,30 on early card)

might strip fitter (if takes engagement) on 2nd hcap start and will also be up against solely her own sex.

7,10 DR

two agin the field in this ~1m. 4f. contest featuring many dual purpose beasts

FUTUREM REGEM 10/1 EW seen plenty o coin this one - has more'n halved in price has FR: 'Greeene Shootes' 😁SIOUX PRINCESS (Res) 10/1 EW and Sioux Princess is still similar price , but at least it looks likes she's due to go to post ☺️

hopefully confident nigh 😊🤔😊

fekkit, had writeup for 3,50 DR did (pretty sure i did anyhoo 😊) on hyahhe, early dis morn, but musta disappeared 😪😒

i give Natalia Lupini's, CLONMACASH ~4/1, ye nappe vote... where post went, i dinna 😪

Royal Prospect got himself buried behind the wall of horses again yesterday and finished 2nd last... Interesting thing is that he's engaged today too, 6:10 Newcastle this time and he's leading the field of 13 at the moment. I'm intrigued.

Kimnkate should take 5:20 Ascot because that's how it works for her 121212...1 next? Only joking :D

Kimnkate ruined her perfect form sequence with another 2... I took on her in no fav market, pity that the 2nd fav took the prize not the fav.

Well supported Royal P didn't fire today, but had all the chance to do so, maybe the race came too soon for him. I'll stick him into the notebook and see where he's gonna go next.

• Advertisement

Doha is very interesting newcomer in Kempton 7:30 tonight. Look at the pedigree:

Thought the exact same myself, think 1m might be a bit short for her though. I'm with the fav

Good pick. I didn't have bet in this, solid debut from Doha but she's not biggest filly for the 3yo, let's stick her into the notebook and wait for 10f start. Doha's siblings out of the same dam didn't set the world alight either.

Yes 90 is the biggest rating her 3 siblings managed, wonder mare doesn't necessarily mean wonder brood mare. She's tiny too so maybe not too much progress in her either, but should be able to win a maiden over further.

I've gone for the fav again in the 8.00

Never in doubt, great call.

This is easy lol

It's funny sometimes you look at a race and think this should be evens, and then you look at an even money shot and think how is that?

That was an even money fav in my book.

Right fav again for me in the 8.30, but going for the f/c with Noble Masquerade for better odds.

• Advertisement

Actually 7/4 is not too bad for the win bet now

Advertisement