Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Closer to Work or Friends/ Family?

Options
  • 07-09-2023 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm a first time buyer, currently looking to buy. I'm having a real dilemma about what area in Dublin to buy in. At the moment I'm renting and my commute is around 45 mins in the car (it was better over the summer when the traffic was less bad), there's no decent public transport route and it's too far of a cycle. I hate being in the car in traffic day in day out.

I work in Tallaght and I don't particularly want to buy directly around Tallaght but somewhere like kKnocklyon, Crumlin, Drimnagh would all be commutable by bike which would be ideal. My problem is that I don't know those areas very well and don't really know anyone who lives there. My family is from dun laoghaire area and most of my friends live around that area or towards shankill/ bray but I can't afford to buy in dun laoghaire and Bray would be more commuting in a car and being stuck in traffic.

I'm essentially looking for some advice, I'm afraid of buying in an area that I don't know and feeling lonely there (I'm buying on my own), or feeling like I'm far away from friends and family and not being able to say meet up for a walk/ catch up in the evening. But I also really dislike my current commute and being stuck in the car.

I like my job and I really would like to stay in it for the time being so moving jobs wouldn't be my first choice.

All advice welcome..

Comments

Advertisement