Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

There are a lot of silly-priced M3s and MYs showing up in the inventory due to FSD and other upgrades like paint, interior and wheels. Some demos some not. For example, 63k for a long-range M3, 58k for an MY RWD, 65k for M3LR, 48k for a demo M3 RWD, 68k for a MYLR.

Surely they're never going to sell those unless they give very steep discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Just checking my Tesla.com account page before pick up on Monday and noticed it’s now showing Final Invoice & Proof of Registration so I can see my car reg!

Also noticed it’s says 30km on the odometer, is this a normal amount?

Post edited by Killer_Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think that is a maximum. I had a lot less, 15 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Tesla selling off a lot of demo vehicles in the inventory, some good solid savings to be found on the model 3. There's a red long range with 300kmish up for 51k, take a further 2k off that too for the inventory discount and a referral.

Makes you think though, are they preparing for an imminent arrival of the new model 3 highland?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2024 yes.

The discounts have been there a few weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Considering that Australia gets same cars from same factory and you can order Highland there I think it would become avaliable as soon as old stock is sold. I do not think they would manufacture both versions at same time, considering newer one is cheaper to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Get off in fonthill clondalkin ( not sure how many switches required from Killarney) Baldonnell aerodrome is a five minute taxi ride from that train station

I had to switch in portarlington ( six months ago ) when getting the Galway to clondalkin stations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

M3,

pricing is not clear, costs more when click into it, then the discounts you mention, not sure why they cant just be clear.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Just got this email before collection tomorrow…

Has been pretty standard on Tesla collections lately. Go into your app and see if it’s in the rewards and activate it.

• Advertisement

Off to collect my M3 LR in the morning, looking forward to it now. I see they've changed the collection point from my last time up.

Any recommendations for the best route for someone that's coming Limerick direction?

It seems to be either get the train to heuston + Luas to City west and walk or green bus to red cow and taxi across. Hopefully they aren't too overly strict on the collection timeslot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Would the Green bus not stop at Baldonnell for you, ??

Drop the driver a fiver and I bet you he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I wouldn't think the collection time would be too strict. Whenever you get there will probably be OK.

Probably wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose! Usually only gotten it to the airport years back and seemed fairly quick to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SandyC20222

Hi all, I'm collecting my Tesla model 3 tomorrow and I can remember seeing a post of information here on what to look at/examine before leaving the showroom. Can anyone link me to that, or if anyone has any tips to share in advance I'd really appreciate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭olympicweights

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SandyC20222

That's great! Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Take loads of high quality pics, outside, inside, under car etc. Makes it easier if you discover something at a later date.

Check 2 cables are in boot (type 2 and Granny) and USB stick in glove box..

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

It seems like Tesla is rolling out its usual end-of-quarter promotions for non-demo vehicles. I noticed a Y Long Range listed at a discounted price of 53820 euros, but it looks like it's already been snapped up – a nice 1620 euro savings there. Don't forget the rumored 1500 euro inventory discount, which could potentially bring the price down to 51820 euros.

I also spotted a Model 3 RWD with a 1330 euro discount still available in their inventory (for now).

Based on what we've seen in previous quarters, it's possible that more discounts could be on the horizon if you can take delivery by the end of this month. To stay informed about inventory changes and potential savings opportunities, you could use the notification groups available on teslaalerts.ie.

Post edited by liamog on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I suspect it is coming too. I got a Y with upgraded wheels and a hitch for 47.2K last week of June, same car is listed 52k right now in inventory. Looking for a used tesla too, but keeping my eye on site for any discount on inventory too.

😎

As someone who only collected a new LR M3 today this comment genuinely had me **** the bed. Thankfully I see it's basically the same discounts as what have been going on now for a few weeks. Infact the car I bought is now showing a couple 100e more than I paid.

And we can breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

You could probably buy online the facelift rear Tesla lettering and replace your elblem

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Exactly. All the crowd that done that already are like 😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

Congrats for the car! Don't worry about getting the absolute best price there is for it. I collected mine just before some inventory discounts last June, but sort of ignored it and enjoyed the car. It's just life. Some people might get lucky and get a slightly better deal than you got, but rest assured you payed a fair price for yours. There's people 1-2 years ago that payed almost 70k for Model Y's that you can now get for 50-55... Missing out on a 1.5k discount from Tesla doesn't sound like such a huge deal when put in perspective.

Very fair point!

The price I paid for this Long Range Model 3 (with discount) is the very same price I paid for my RWD Model 3 back in '21

The acceleration is frankly incredible, I would love a drive in a performance model at some point but I cant begin to imagine how it feels. The premium audio is a very nice upgrade too and when did heated wipers become a thing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

Glad to hear your positive experience (and also your anxietys are gone) ..now you just need to enjoy your car. Heated wipers ere introduced (AFAIK) in April 2022 in software 2022.4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fido_dido

Hi,

How did you guys confirm about 1500e discount on the price? I couldn't find anything on the website. If someone could point me where I can confirm this?

Would anybody here know, which insurance providers would offer to cover M3LR RWD for someone who never had insurance in Ireland(I have a full Irish License)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fido_dido

Hi,

How did you guys confirm about 1500e discount on the price? I couldn't find anything on the website. If someone could point me where I can confirm this?

Would anybody here know, which insurance providers would offer to cover M3LR RWD for someone who never had insurance in Ireland(I have a full Irish License)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

The 1500 Inventory discount is not advertised but is available as long as you can pick up car before 30th Sept. I have sent you a more detailed private message as to how to go about it..

Advertisement