Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

That's a forecast, not live temps. Kilkenny Greenshill automatic climate station got to 27.6C at 15:41.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

With Dunsany reaching a record breaking 27C today I'm very surprised Oak Park and Mt Dillon didn't squeeze a 29C.

Oh Navan climate station on 28.9C!

Our last chance at 4pm.

Looking forward to breaking that circa 25c October record!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Where is that, is at Tara mines, is it official. I'm just too excited now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

28 degrees at Dunsany, Oak Park and Mullingar. Having been near there earlier, surprised that Phoenix park peaked at 27

Yes it is official, I never reference PWS unless in exceptional circumstances such as maybe snow. It is indeed at Tara Mines.

Awaits to be seen if there was no artificial influence or even a higher value within the hour as the value I've quoted was the 1600 temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

27.6c Raphoe 3.30pm. Imagine that’s a September record

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

28C now at Dunshaughlin, unbelieveable. I didn't think this was possible in this location outside of perfection in mid July.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looking forward to 20C in January!

I'll get my coat.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

28c also in castelderg according to met Office ,westmeath and carlow also 28c,unbelievable temperatures, I'm so annoyed because if this were July we'd be having 35c easily 😑, I just want our all time record smashed here's hoping for next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I was looking at extreme temperature records on met.ie and noticed the August record is down as 31.5c on the 2nd 1995 at Oak Park, the August record is in fact 31.7c, also at Oak Park on the 12th 2022.

Very poor from met eireann, you would think over a year is more than enough time to update their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭almostthere12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I’ve asked them about updating the record (32.1C at Durrow in August 2022) which they’re still quality checking so they said. Odd they don’t even give the Oak Park value though.

Then again, it took ‘em 3 years of me hounding them to update the May sunshine total record to 2020..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Down to 26c at 5pm. There’s a chance it was higher than 28.9c in-between the 3.30 to 4 update. Any idea when M.E might mention that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

well it feels every bit of that temperature here in Navan today! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

That is superb Gonzo. 28 degrees is in my opinion is as close to perfection as it gets for enjoying the outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

A slight onshore developed this afternoon for Dublin capping the temperatures here at casement

Still 28c in Oak Park Carlow at 18:00. That's impressive.

• Advertisement

I've a funny feeling in 10 days or so we'll be looking at 23/24c days and some really pleasant weather. There's a few kicks left in this extended summer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peckypiper

Heavy thunderstorm around delvin

Well I had a great day. I was mostly chasing the 29 to 30C target somewhere in Ireland but sadly that didn't happen, but I didn't expect my own location records to get completely smashed again to an almost impossible standard of 28C, so I went to the beer garden and had a few in the sun and then watched the sun go down and temperature still at 24C and back home now. A very memorable day I won't be forgetting September 2023 in a hurry. The weather Gods really felt sorry for us after such a crap summer and absolutely delivered the goods since September 2nd with today being the absolute high point. We still have 2 warm days to go which are very reasonable by September standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Collecting daughter from school today, 5 mins walk there, 5 mins walk back. Sweat dripping off my face like crazy by the time I got back. Not as if I'm obese or anything like that. How people enjoy that is beyond me, although I probably have some kind of heat intolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

It has been unbelievable Gonzo, so easy every evening picking out kids clothes for next day shorts and tshirts for them and summer dresses for me.

No need to worry about coats, layers, rain gear etc like I spent most of summer doing!

Everyone in great form.

There are a few minor downside though, kids unfortunately are in school which is very unfair after a dreadful summer.

It dark by 8pm so no relaxing in back garden until 10pm like in summer(although not a chance of that this year in July.

Finally I have 8 bites on my legs over last 3 days from bites, mainly mozzies, yes we do have them in Ireland, don't usually get bites like that here but heat late in Sept must be suiting them.

I'd still take weeks and weeks more of this weather though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

My house is full of mosquitos, all over the ceilings, and hearing that annoying high pitch whine as I'm trying to sleep.

Too hot for me the past couple of days - I had to take time off as I couldn't continue to work in it. But it's really lovely to have dry and sunshine and everyone's in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Got to 26.5c in Sligo town today. Not bad at all though I think yesterday was 26.9c when I take the 1.3c that I recalibrate. The other days were all 24c. Even June wasn't hot that many days in a row. They were mostly 22c then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Enjoying it and relishing every moment S it’ll be gone soon enough.

I am the same. I went for a drink earlier and sat outside absolutely determined to like the heat. I lasted about 20 minutes before retreating indoors. Every bit of me felt like it was going to just melt away. Even now I find it unbearable and it's as if there is no air.

Lots of people love high temperatures and lots of people don't. One way isn't better or less than the other. I said to someone earlier that I was finding it to hot and she seemed annoyed by this "it's not hot enough" she replied.

Or something else I've heard in response is "don't say that" when asked am I enjoying the sun and I say I'd prefer it to be cooler.

It's really really weird.

• Advertisement

I think I have one mossy bite in my armpit, but the Irish mossies aren't as itchy or the radial radius as visually obvious or extensive as the Spanish ones.

Advertisement