Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower

Options
  • 08-09-2023 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Need to get a new lawnmower as the current one has packed in and is gone to the great lawn in the sky! Normal push lawnmower will suffice as I don't have a big garden

Anyone seen any deals locally lately?

Cheers,

LD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

What size lawn and what type? Electric/Battery/Petrol/automower?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Small lawn front and back so a standard petrol should suffice - don;t want an electric (personal preference)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Woodie's have a "Pro-Lawn" petrol powered by a Hyundai engine at the moment. €249.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

For a small lawn you can't beat a battery lawnmower, no leads, no petrol, no hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

I have the Pro-Lawn lawnmower and find it reliable and makes cutting the lawn so much easier especially in weather where getting the lawn fully dry on the day that you want to cut it isn't always the best.

With my previous electric lawnmower it could take me over an hour to cut the lawn now with the petrol one I can do it in less than half an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Would defo be less hassle just wonder are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Been using one this past 30 yrs, not the same one mind you but am only on my second one in that term, I think they are brilliant. Had to import first one from UK all those years ago as no such thing here but now they are everywhere Lidl/Aldi although out of season at this stage, Argos used to have a good range, Screwfix have them as well. I picked up my second one dirt cheap at end of season in B&Q because of course at that time people in Ireland weren't buying them that much but B&Q stocked them as though it was in UK!

Bought an Aldi one few years ago for family member, great little yoke too, I never though leave the batteries on charge continually as personally I think it shortens the life of them, it only takes half hour or so to charge it up once you see it's a fine day and want to cut the grass. They do not do well with very wet or very long grass, for the first cut of season I usually cut it twice, long first time and then back again for a shorter trim, other than that they are perfect for small lawn.

Advertisement