Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Romania, RWC Pool B. Stade De Bordeaux, 14:30 Saturday 9th September 2023. Virgin TV / ITV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭thefa

You’d have to say it could have been more with some botched chances but job done and hopefully no knocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Off and running nicely, good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

As expected,a handy win,but no more than a glorified training session,plenty to ponder, mostly the line-out,which was poor against very limited opposition, hopefully no injuries

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Can’t ask for much more. Ruthless, Sexton got some valuable minutes, plenty of other positives such as performances of Aki and POM at 7.

Good run out. We go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Incredible to score over 80 in that heat. Most importantly we got no injuries. Only concern is the line out. No doubt south Africa will target that area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That’ll do nicely.

We Go Again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yeah, they probably left 4 or 5 tries behind them but they usually followed up the miss chances with a score. Very rusty at the start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

That last 3 minutes of the game was really, really pleasing.

Playing on rather than kicking it out with the clock red. Irish teams of old wouldn't have done same.

A brilliant glimpse into the mentality of this camp I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭Xander10

Professional performance. I thought the Romanian full back put in a good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I'm loving Crowley, he could be 10 for the next decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Is there really any point in having a team as poor at that in a world cup. Kind of makes a joke of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Is the man of the match award a fan for the heat?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

PoM man of the match.

Sounds great craic in the stadium, jaysus to be there with a feed of cold beers would be heaven.

They qualified, they deserve to be there.

If we want massive growth, in T2, we need to give them regular tests

I flicked over to VM and they are talking about the schedule of matches, ffs this has been discussed to death can we talk about the game where we scored 82 points and we've stuff to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Lot of hard tackling & big hits for a 'glorified training session'! Ireland were a bit like KK of yore in hurling or even the ABs, winning easily but kept of being relentless. Tries and points may come into it yet I guess.

Do VM have any video analysis? They are talking about McCarthy but aren't showing anything he did surely AWJ could be talking over a video of his try at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Someone else called but but Do all must have picked MOTM today.

This is a team carrying a favourites tag putting a minnow to the sword. I remember we struggled against similar teams in previous WCs. This was a really got hit our for them and they'll have plenty to work on. Great day all-round. Hope the fans enjoy themselves this evening.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

POM was very good, but POTM? No. Who picked that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

80 points in 35 Degree heat. well if that was a slow start, then it aint bad. opposition aside, a great start.

i agree the lineouts looked a bit iffy, but that can/will be worked on.

Onwards & Upwards lads!

• Advertisement

I reckon if Kearney and Williams were down the local I'd go somewhere else to watch the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭McFly85

Very good performance. Lineout needs to be worked on but a lot of lovely interplay in tricky conditions. Loved seeing the determination to get over the 80 at the end too. Go again next week.

12 ties, 11 conversions, that's fairly clinical

Tries: Gibson-Park, Keenan, Beirne 2, Aki 2, Sexton 2, Herring, O'Mahony 2, McCarthy Cons: Sexton 7, Crowley 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Korny, I mean Kearney would bleed the ears off ya with that contrived D4 wannabe accent.. yuck.

The mute button comes in handy every time he speaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The only thing i learned is that Beirne is one savage fit player.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Well technically*

Only here because Spain got caught cheating again!

Not that Spain would have troubled Ireland today

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭ngunners

That's one way of looking at it. What if a key player got injured during those three minutes?

• Advertisement

Advertisement