Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA College football season 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I feel so bad for TCU, it's embarrassing at this stage and Georgia won't stop.

Currently 65-7 and I hope at this stage that Georgia will finally show a bit of class and play soft zone on defense and run clock on offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Brutal result.

Didn't wait up for it, but horrible, ruthless, relentless stuff from Georgia. They are the outstanding team for the last probably 3 years, so deserving winners overall. After only watching the highlights, but would any other team have done any better last night? Hard to tell, TCU there on merit I guess. Maybe another similar style team like Alabama might have stood up better but who knows.

Kirby Smart building his own legacy with the Bulldogs

Stetson Bennett has been a huge part of all this. His story is wonderful and it'll be a movie some say. It's very hard to gauge just how much he influenced all of this.

I'm not sure how he'll do in the NFL but if attitude, self-belief, drive and determination were the qualities required he'd be the best of the best.

The biggest issue is his height, he's only 5'11".

It's a brilliant story alright, certainly triumph over adversary and a great advertisement for perseverance. I knew he had dropped down to a junior college at one point, but I didn't realise he played in Ellisvillle MS for that year - I'd know that area because I lived in the next town over for a while, and to describe it as a backwater would be an understatement! A real, real small town in a poor part of Mississippi, and not a football hotbed by any means.

Credit to the lad, and he's been very good all year and particularly last night, but I wonder how much is it him and his talent and how much is it the Georgia system and the players around him, particularly the O Line and McConkey.

While his drive, application and attitude deserve great credit, and what he has already achieved deserves great credit in itself, I have my doubts if he has enough talent to bring him a successful NFL career. As I say, that's not to denegrade him or what he has done, but success at NFL level is different gravy.

Success or failure at NFL level shouldn't take from his college career though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

With the ESPN Player gone now is TNT sports our only chance to catch college football over these parts these days?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

ESPN have also broken ties with TNT Sports.

if lucky, TNT will still show the SEC on CBS, but that’s not clear at this point either.

Sky will show Notre Dame’s home games, including the fixture v Navy at the Aviva.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Grim. Shame there is no streaming platform or a tv station picking up college football game often better watch than NFL games. More freedom to the plays.

Well from what I'm reading TNT still have the contract for NCAA football. Apparently they also have the contract for USFL moving forward.

Confirmed now no college football for ESPN games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,206 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

How many ESPN games were on Saturdays on the old BT Sports ?

I can't remember.

• Advertisement

It would really depend on other stuff on but usually there’d be ESPN/ABC games at 5pm and 12 midnight/12:30am. The SEC on CBS aired between the two, at 8:30pm, but sometimes you’d get an ESPN/ABC game either instead of it or else simultaneously on another channel. They’d sometimes show 3:30am PAC-12 games too.

I'm guessing/hoping the ABC games won't be affected, even though they are owned by the same group as ESPN.

Probably wishful thinking I’m afraid. There’s no real dividing line between ESPN and ABC Sports these days, and hasn’t been for a long time.

The background to this is that BT bought ESPN’s U.K. operation in 2013, and retained an affiliation deal with them that they renewed at one point, which allowed them access to certain ESPN content including college football and basketball as well as some in house programmes. They even had a co-branded channel, BT Sport ESPN, though that name was first thing to go once WBD came in.

BT Sport has now been effectively taken over by Warner Bros Discovery (BT retain 50% share but WBD have operational control) and the new owners have declined to renew the affiliation deal and it expired at the end of July. So all the ESPN stuff has disappeared from the newly renamed TNT Sports literally overnight.

The hope is that they retain the SEC on CBS, but even that’s not clear, and this is the final season for that package anyway before it moves to ESPN in 2024. Remember also that for now obscure reasons the SEC on CBS doesn’t premiere till Week 3 (they get to make up with double headers later in the season).

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I use other means for college football but is the ESPN player not around anymore? I used that for years and they had 70 or 80% of games on there.

Unfortunately the news is not good for CFB - barring a last minute deal no college football will be screened in the U.K. and Ireland this year apart from Notre Dame home games.

(There’s also apparently an international non-geoblocked stream of the PAC-12 Network available on YouTube - not sure whether this shows any live events and if it does I suspect that they’re very late at night given where PAC-12 schools are located).

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

1 ticket for Saturdays game available 86e FV block 515

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This Colorado TCU game is insane.

Duke are about to beat Clemson. 5 minutes left and they have the ball up by 14 points.

Clemson told DJ Uiagalelei that he wouldn't be starting and he left in the portal and went to Oregon state.

Now if you have a good one to replace him that makes sense but this guy Klubnik is worse.

Make that a 21 point lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lads how can we watch the games?

Got a bit of a shock there to see it is not being covered on BT (or any of the Sky channels, of course) and the ESPN player is shut down. What are the options here from Ireland, if any?

• Advertisement

All ND games are on sky sports and some college games are on NFL Gamepass on DAZN.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Anyone watching Bama v Texas? Great game, defense was on top until about half way through the third quarter and then it exploded. Ewers having a great game, and improving his draft stock.

Texas up by ten in Tuscaloosa, that puts you firmly in the playoff picture if you hold on for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

where the hell are we supposed to watch them , now espn have parted from bt sports

Well I have a special TV package. Message me if you want more details. Cannot chat about it here.

Ok I know this is likely to get deleted but also to a certain extent this info is in the public domain, so I'll post it.

Just search for "NCAA football live" on YouTube and you will see games that people are broadcasting on their YouTube channels.

I watched a good few games last year that way and Nebraska at Colorado and the Alabama v Texas game on it yesterday.

It's the way I'll get my college football this year.

Early days...

Are Bama In trouble? I think 12 teams get into the playoffs this year so they might be OK, but a home loss to another SEC team on game 2 doesn't auger well for a tip 4 finish in the old system.

Are the Longhorns any good? Ewars looked very good, are theyfor real and can they sustain it.

Notre Dame 3-0, big delay in NC with lightening but didn't change the direction of the game.

The Colerado bandwagon goes on another week, I'm late to this Dion Sanders/Coach Prime story but seems to be a huge buzz around Colerado, and they backed up the TCU win with another one. Again, will they be able to sustain it.... why not really? If they do well in the PAC12, you'd image the TV companies will want them in the top 12 and in the playoffs?

TV situation is a boll1x. I supose the NCAA don't care or see Europe as a market worth chasing, but if not why not remove the geolock and out the games on YouTube or something like that? TV companies probably haven't the rights to show it, which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It's still a 4 team playoff this year. Expansion is next year.

• Advertisement

Im talking sh1te so.

Alabama in big trouble in the national picture so.

Advertisement