Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who exclaim: "You know what would be great?"

This almost always means that, all the person does, is come up with the half-baked idea.

They then delegate all the actual work to other people. By the time their idea is completed, they have completely forgotten about it and don't take into account how much of other peoples time they have wasted.

And because they never do the actual work themselves, they haven't the slightest idea of how much time and effort it takes to complete these ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Prior to Covid most places use normally stay open until 12 or 1am near me.

However during covid some closed or rduced hours.

I think they figured out that people will come earlier and there was no point of staying open for a few drunks. It cut back on costs to.

You options are generally McDonalds or places run by Pakastian guys. I live in a town with a few thousand people in it and there was nowhere open past 10 for a while but the village with a few hundred has a chipper open until 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My local chipper (traditional Italian owner) growing up always closed before the pubs emptied out. It's still going 50+ years.

The kebab places tend to stay open later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta'ed this convo:

Cust: I've been on the company site and I can't find the complaint portal/form, Where is it(the complaint has dragged out all summer), also why hasn't cs made me aware of the existence of a complaints form/portal in the multiple conversations since this started.

Cs: We cant recommend that customers put in a complaint,

Cust: Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, but how does it get resolved then?

Cs: repeating the impossible requests that every other cs has asked the customer to do.

Cust: As I have made the company aware I can't do that, It's gone on too long where is the complaint form?

Cs: It's on the insert name of the page, which the customer has scoured already.

Cust: No it's not, Before I get solicitors involved, please give me directions to the portal/link.

Cs: bad-temperedly sends link.

Cust: Where can I find this link for future reference as it's not on the page?

Cs: It's freely available if you look for it.

Cust: It's not, It's not in that location and the company are making it hard for ppl to make a complaint by not having it easily accessible to everyone.

Cs: I told you it's freely available and easy to locate if you look for it!

Soooooooooooooooo many things I could say about this, so so many.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That's a 3-shower day if ever there was one 🥵

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Posters who clearly haven't read the thread before posting and offering advice.

Approximately 80% of your advice was already clarified, so your reply was a total waste of time of you typing and everyone else reading.

They're the same people who land into a thread with a grand total of two pages going "I haven't read all the replies, but..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The thread wasn't even a page long when they posted 🙄🙄

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rugby fairweather arseholes, watching Moto Gp sprint race, over by quarter past, lads going mad because they couldn't watch the **** dressing room?.

When you see a thread on the homepage that you just know is absolutely ancient, but people engage with the Reanimator regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The salutation Master (for boys). Just saw it on a letter addressed to my son. Had forgotten how annoying it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,289 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A neighbour died earlier this week I’m just after hearing. The lady was in her ‘80’s . she lived with a son who although was independent enough he had a learning disability…and minor enough physical disabilities….. he was too beside himself with grief to attend the removal or mass of his Mam…which knowing him isn’t surprising….he was a big softie who absolutely idolised the woman…

you’d meet him and a “how’s your Mam” would result in a 10 minute detailed breakdown of everything the pair were up to. He is razor sharp and intelligent in some aspects of his being, great sense of humour, chatty / ok social skills, partially independent in many ways…. goes for a pint & to the shops on his own etc …but absolutely as naive as a small child in other ways. In terms of the machinations of running a house…. bills, cooking, cleaning, clothes washing and ironing and looking after himself he just wouldn’t be ok…

hopefully some sort of care package can be attained so cooking, cleaning, ironing, shopping can be done for him but I’m reading there is a gigantic backlog given our population explosion and he probably just isn’t ‘too bad’….. as he’s not ‘sick’ or the definition of incapable…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Love this weather but I also love knitting and it’s impossible in this heat . Three stitches in and the needles get sweaty and the wool sticks to them . Very TA

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That sounds utterly heartbreaking, Strumms. I'm sure that lady's worst nightmare would have been passing on before her son..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The fact that when i see something I’d like I don’t seem to check if I’ve already ordered it . Today the postwoman delivered 2 identical items . I ordered a cd before and now have two . I’m after catching myself again ordering something i did yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,289 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Two fellas have been outside mine for an hour and ten minutes approximately yapping the ears off each other. Obviously coming from pub or a get together in a gaff. Would you not having seen each other and yapped all night and if you want to keep talking, just go home, call / WhatsApp or telegram ? Maybe they are madly in love or whatever but shut up ! Come on ! A million drunk decibels too…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That clapping in the pub when Ireland ran in their 9/10/11th try- if soccer fans were still cheering their team going 6-0 up, they'd be told to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

People parking on a street in such a way that they leave big gaps between the car in front of them and the car behind them, but not big enough to fit a car - I guess because they want to hog the road and don't want anyone else to park on the street near theirs? Someone is just going to key your car when they walk past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For a change of pace yes, I gave myself an extensive deep cleansing home facial.

This am there was actual dirt on the cleaner cotton pad, wtf.

Even more of a ta as I have some training in this and there is still some dirt the next am????????????????????????????

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The heavens opening approximately 30 seconds after I hung two loads of washing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭toggle toes

Yesterday I just finished watering the flowers and the heavens opened. very frustrating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It transpires that I have an inhumanly attractive neighbour. I do not need this.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you have to drive someone somewhere because they can't or won't walk or they leave it to the last minute, because it's a time machine and not a car. And it takes twice as long as walking.

Edit ...

And the same journey again for the same reason ...

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Honestly, I don't give a sh*te about women, dating or any of that carry on. I just caught myself staring and... I don't know...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Not if the losing team was MU though. Opposition would clap every touch of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

I had to put a packet of chocolate digestives in the fridge yesterday because the chocolate was melting in the heat. But now the hardened chocolate has caused them all to fuse together into a single log. First world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Do you know what? You only live once, talk to her if you get a chance. Even a simple introduction and a welcome to the neighbourhood. You won't lose anything if nothing comes of it.

I'm TAed that I don't have an attractive neighbour, I'd be making it my business to call around with a welcome gift if one moved in.

I think she's been here for a while though I've never seen her before. I'm in my mid thirties any way. TA that I thought I was done with this stuff.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Only one way out of that. Roll it in more chocolate, put a face and feet on it, and enjoy a chocolate biscuit caterpillar cake.

TA that yesterday i had my first ever iced coffee, as I wanted coffee but it was mega scorchio. It was the most horrible thing i have ever tasted and it went straight into the bin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement