Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,664 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't believe a single fighter will ever be delivered to Ukraine.

As I have remarked before Western governments know how this will end already. I have always seen this as a foregone conclusion regardless of Russian incompetence.

That does not mean I in any way shape or form agree with this act of murderous thuggery by Russia. I most certainly do not.

There is a clear problem in that Ukranian propganda has been accepted as truth and it should no more be accepted as truth as Russian. They are more than capable of the exact same thing.

Ukraine steadfastly refuses to publish it's dead in this war. They'd rather put out out mystical and patently absurd figures on Russian dead daily. They have no problem doing that.

In August in the counter offensive ALONE US officials estimated Ukrainian losses at close to 70,000 troops.

Now, you can all choose to live in a dream world but I am adamant Ukraine is in a very serious situation with man power and equipment and this war will soon be over. I have no reason to believe it won't be Ukraine starting those negotiations which I think will involve the partition of the country on current lines.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I see no evidence to suggest otherwise thus far. If Ukraine had smashed defence lines and their losses were a fraction of what they are it might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

So once again it is clear, you have no facts, just your opinions. Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

In August in the counter offensive ALONE US officials estimated Ukrainian losses at close to 70,000 troops.

I'm assuming you haven't made the absolutely basic mistake of confusing reports of 70,000 deaths on the Ukrainian side during the entire conflict that was reported in August with 70,000 losses IN August. But some kind of source for this would be good.

If anyone has been following Telegram, Ukrainain volunteers launched a giant Ukarainian flag using ballons over the occupied city of Donetsk. The Russians started to shoot at it which revealed their positions, the UAF then struck those positions simultaneously and where able to gain a foothold of Opytny which is 3.5 KM from Donetsk Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,967 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I had a quick gander on the Russian MOD page (/shudders) and they put daily Ukraine losses at between 500-650 daily (was just a quick check, I'd love for someone to be creating a graph daily on those propaganda numbers) so lord knows where that 70k figure comes from. But it's a number Kermit likes and that's what he'll use.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

It’s reassuring to know that Russians are so dumb and stupid lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

If he is the best the Kremlin can muster, I think we're all okay over here lol.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Then why not just use missiles? Sorry but what's a loaded plane supposed to do, flying at deeply subsonic speeds, that an actual cruise missile couldn't?

Further, what do you think the Russian response would be if Ukraine assassinated Putin. Be realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Kermit your post doesn't make any sense .... go back and find the source claiming Ukraine lost 70000 people in August alone. Make sure you didn't misread it, if that is not the case please share this source .... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

In all fairness - and I'm only pointing out verifiable facts here - you've consistently demonstrated that your ability to recognise the reality of any situation is poor at best. And you alone provide the evidence for that. You'd be the one poster with the most constant howlers in this thread. One after the other after the other.

A random example from April 2022:

I mean, obviously it aged like fine milk, as the kids say. But even at the time, it was long past its expiry date. And everyone - everyone - knew it but you.

A bit like the way Irish produce gets the Guaranteed Irish mark, I'd say the EU would have no problem with you being assigned your own little logo on the back of your constant raiméis. You could throw a dart into your posting history, and no matter where it landed, the logo would apply. I've done a little mockup:

I mean, none of us mind a lad speaking the "hoopla focal", so to speak. This is the internet after all. But monolingual fluency in absolute and unadulterated scutter is not a pretty sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

Translation = I don't like someone else's view on the world, please ban them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Now, you can all choose to live in a dream world but I am adamant Ukraine is in a very serious situation with man power and equipment and this war will soon be over. I have no reason to believe it won't be Ukraine starting those negotiations which I think will involve the partition of the country on current lines

So let's say that for some reason Ukraine decide to ask for the lines to be set where they are now, absolutely no idea why they would do that, but anyway.

What would you see as being the next move by Russia? The country which previously took Crimea and said that was all they were after, and then took another couple of regions and said that was all they were after, and then said that they were going to take the whole of Ukraine and made it to the outskirts of Kyiv before being pushed back.

Other than Russia showing themselves as incapable militarily to have taken all of Ukraine, what do you think their next move will be after a couple of years of ceasefire held at the current lines?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And, as recently as this week one of its generals clearly said in an interview an aim was to "liberate" more of eastern Europe. This won't stop at Ukraine if Kyiv falls.

I guess it depends on the settlement. If Ukraine got security guarantees (not fake ones like when they gave up their legacy nuclear weapons) including from Russia it would help provide them reassurance. This has already been raised by Ukraine themselves.

I don't think Russia wants all of Ukraine. Why would Putin want a 30 million angry population that wants nothing to do with Russia? Crimea is a different story. It's population is Russian by and large. Similar situation in Donbass.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

Good image this showing Ukraine eating into the Russian defence and the big empty space calling for the Leopards, Abrams and Challengers to charge across it. With pressure also on Backmut, Opytne, Andrivka, and the Novodonetske-Urozhaine area pulling in Russian reserves, the advances in Robotyne-Verbove getting exciting now.

What do you add to this thread other than thanking or backing up the ridiculous posts put forward by a select few?

By the way, what a poor taste in name. It says soo much more than your posts have done so far.

The majority of the population in the Donbas area are Ukrainian irrespective of the language they speak, stop spreading shyte.

Do you speak for Russians in Ukraine? I don't know what the majority would prefer but If the majority there didn't want to be part of Ukraine do you think they should be coerced in to Ukraine?

Should people in Northern Ireland be coerced in to our state against their will?

Crimea is overwhelmingly Russian. Do they have the right to decide to which state they belong?

The conflict we have now is a legacy of the end of the Cold War. There is no getting around that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭yagan

They don't have an opinion. Each and everyone of their posts is unfounded waffle and each and every time they're challenged they throw another waffle.

I should say they're more a spammer than a thrill.

I'll try again. If a majority of the population in Crimea, Kharkiv or Donbas did not want to be part of Ukraine should they be coerced in to remaining part of Ukraine?

It's a simple question. You either believe in coercion based on lines drawn at the end of the Cold War or you don't.

I will not answer any questions until you acknowledge, and comment on the results of the 1991 referendum. Something you steadfastly refuse to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

Very clear visual representation of how this persistently misinformed poster is spamming this thread with lies based on putin's propaganda aimed at excusing their imperialist war of conquest which needs to be stopped and is being reversed by brave actions of the Ukrainian people. A clear majority in all parts of Ukraine wanted to be independent of putin's dictatorship and I fully believe they will free their country no mater how long it takes to defeat putin's terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭yagan

Please stop engaging with the spammer. They're obviously extremely unwell.

The way he ignores the results of a referendum and makes assertions about the people being coerced into an independent Ukraine reminds me of a Flat Earther ignoring gravity.

They do but that doesnt mean some things haven't actually happended either. Just because their government are corrupt, immoral and violent thugs in suits does not mean they are automatically wrong on discrimination.

Again my question is, given Crimea for example, every day of the week would vote overwhelmingly to be part of the Russian Federation do they not have that right?

Equally if they wanted to be part of Ukraine.

Who are you or anyone else to deny them that right?

Seems some posters would deny the right of self determination to those who would choose the wrong side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Every day of the week apart from the time they actually voted for independence in an actual legitimate referendum?

Quite obviously nothing that takes place post the invasion of 2014 is legitimate. Give it a few decades and if they still hold it I'm sure it will become de jure Russian as tends to happen in geopolitics, but as of now Ukraine is completely within it's rights to ignore those who remained or those who emigrated to Crimea post the invasion and continue its aspirations to liberate it. Your understanding of self determination would basically allow genocide as a means to legal annex regions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement