Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you post a comment on boards without properly editing it first ... and someone responds before you have time to edit it. F*** sake. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've had chats in shops with this woman who I was certain was our neigbhor from another road.

Turns out I was mistaken.

Woman is very friendly with my mother also and she doesn't know her.

I think I caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Google maps

Fucking constantly getting directions wrong

Came out of Thomas Moore pub directing too go towards Smyths but now outside The Swan Pub

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the light bulb in my living room just got brighter for a second . A sure sign it’s going to blow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, don't mind me, I was just bringing the tone to AH levels.

Agreed, that's not a problem. I mean, you could say you're only having ONE biscuit without lying. I'd call that a blessing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No worries. I expect better behaviour from myself than staring at women.

Another TA. I got some Salmon and sauce for this evening but the microwave's been out of action for a fortnight now so I've had to have it with mushrooms and baked beans. First world problem I know.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A Bain Marie would have helped with the sauce. Next time, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

People talking about coke use, mixing imperial and metric units (grams, ounces) drives me mad. Do they even understand the difference?

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

WhatsApp emojis, there's no black beer, the only motorbike is a sportsbike and not a cruiser and there's no caravan.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I finally bit the bullet and got myself glasses as the sight in my right eye was going to pot. The glasses have made a huge improvement on my eyesight but I'm still struggling to get used to them though. There's times I'm getting queasy and disoriented, especially when I'm walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who moan on social media about pubs in their area that they never went to in their lives closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That I can’t work out how to delete played episodes on podcast player. Memory is pretty full and there is no way to delete the episodes I’ve listened to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

So was that how you spent your weekend? I think I'd be trivially annoyed if I saw somebody downing a pint of Guinness while pulling a caravan with their motorbike. I'm not sure if that's even safe! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

2 Step identification, I get it, another layer of security, wonderful.

Except I'm tying to put a deposit on an item I need badly and beyond the site going round and round with recognising my deets, now it's refusing payment cause of this.

Family DC and the card owner's phone don't connect to the internet and I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to absentminded to have the app on my personal phone.

This is the first time in ages and ages I've come up against this issue, but time is running out and the item is still needed.😡

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Got one of those amazon scam calls. My first. I know lots of people who’ve received them over the last 2 years, reasonably regularly, now it’s me. I have stuff going on where I need to answer any and every call I get, known or unknown numbers and I’m not enamoured with having to be on the receiving end of this bullshît now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

People pushing and pulling their shopping trolleys sideways, from the front and any other which way but the effing handle! How do these people manage to leave the house??

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People referring to PDFs as “Programme Delivery Files”

ITV has replaced Lingo with Tenable. My whole afternoons are mixed up now 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Cafes, Restaurants, ,Bars, Hotels, Hospitals, etc. when replacing toilet rolls do not open the roll before replacing it.......they show no consideration for people with arthritic fingers.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Television presenters who say ................we will be back shortly after this QUICK BREAK............................no such thing...............a short break maybe.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My next door neighbour's dog. I absolutely hate the little shìt. And I'm a fool for dogs generally. But mother of god, I would cheerfully strangle him. And his dope of an owner, tbf.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

English housemate: Have you been following the Rugby?

Me: No.

Him: I thought you were Irish.

Aye, because my nationality and ethnic identity change at the drop of the hat based on whether or not I watch a certain sport. Twat.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Our company was acquired by a UK company 3 years ago and the more I have to deal with London business types the more I hate them. With their anecdotes about Megan and Harry and their toxic working culture they are a pain in the arse.

They will drive me to vote for SF at the next election.

Insufferable Tory twats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My kitchen chairs.

Having to replace bits of felt every week on them, otherwise they make a sound worse than nails on a blackboard when they are moved across the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have my treadmill by my reckoning 18 months.…but the belt is showing signs of wear and damage…

Some of the wear and damage is not consistent with regular use…. ie horizontal scratches, nicks, bits of glass that had to be removed and so on…. I know a glass was dropped by someone near it and that will have accounted for the odd shard but ..

120 euros for a new belt I’m seeing , plus whatever the call out / install fee is so I’ll probably be looking at 200-220 euros ballpark… and I’ll have to buy a cover which is 30-40 euros, because people are not careful with my stuff. My trainers I use on it are not worn outside and soles cleaned regularly…. Again…people not being careful… belt should last 7-10 years depending on use. But 18 months later, some damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ever hear of the GAA coach who rants and raves at the lads who show up to a training session about the the lads who never showed up. Seems my boss has the same attitude.

Most staff are always on time or indeed early. Me I get two buses each way so four buses a day and get here on time

The same few are late every day. Meh a few minutes isn’t an issue but sometimes our 09:30 meeting gets cancelled as people stroll in without a bother. Ah heyor , that’s pushing it

Instead of tackling these laggards everyone gets pulled into a meeting and we all get blamed. Why do I even bother?🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Can I just strongly voice my opposition to the trend for boxy tshirts or tshirts that are just shorter in body length? What I wouldn't give for a tshirt that comes below my hips! I've just started buying mens tshirts. There's none of that bollix with men's clothes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement