Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Used the pre conditioning over the last couple of days and it has worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭fits

Our Id.3 is booked in with dealer next week as the ac gave up in recent weeks. It worked well in France thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Someone commented on uneven wear on the tyres on my id4 that looks dangerous. Need to get tracking checked? Probably 30k km on them now, all wheel drive gtx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Need to get tracking checked? 

Yes.

Had similar on the ID.3. I didn’t remember hitting any potholes and I wonder if they are sometimes coming out of the factory with bad alignment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Alignment alright.

• Advertisement

Are the tyres feiced to? Have two in the service plan but was hoping to wait till spring to use them and add two more

Hard to tell for sure in a pic. I don't see any metal showing there, they don't look like they've been damaged that bad. The tyre centre will probably tell you they are toast and try to get the sale of two new ones.

Fixing the alignment would probably be fine but you need to discuss that with the tyre centre and make your call on it. Safety first and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I had problems again last night with scheduled charging on the ID4. I set the timer from 1-6am to link in with my night tariff. The car charged from 1am until 8am. No departure time set.

The night before I used the same settings but the car stopped charging at 2am and I had to manually go out to the car to reset everything. Also I've noticed the infotainment is getting laggy now. I bought my car in early 2022 when a lot of the software issues had been sorted out but over time the car is starting to feel like an ageing desktop computer.

phoned local tyre center today and only vw can do the alignment they said? due to lane assist

• Advertisement

Is your app and the car in sync with each other?

Its hard to tell what's gone wrong unless you post all the pics/settings you have.

Its probably something around the location setting and its using a different timer to what you are expecting but all speculation without seeing what you have actually configured.

Can you show what s/w the car is running also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have an ID.3 and two local tyre places have had no issues doing the alignment. Except when the car was new and not on their system.

Thanks i phoned my vw dealer and they said its typically cause the tyre places dont want the haasle.. as my vw dealer is the other side of the country ill book it in around dublin for a check - while i asked about the software update for my car and they booked me in for march 2024... oh well... i checked the price of tyres and they said they about 225 each.. ive two in a service pack.. if i get the alignment checked and need tyres replacing ill go back to them for that

Post edited by micks_address on

I had no issue doing the alignment on my ID.3 at my local tyre place. Cant see that the ID.4 would be any different. Wheel alignment shouldn't affect lane assist, you're not messing with any sensors or cameras.

I’d say it’s more so the garage didn’t update their machine with the ID settings. They may have to pay to update them.

booked into discount tyres in blanch for wednesday

It was the same with Tesla cars a few years ago. Nobody had the settings. I ended up in HB Denis on the old airport road as his Hunter Alignment machine had the Tesla data.

DT in D15 are well known so not surprised that they have the modern cars data.

Is there anywhere else there would do the 3.1 update sooner than next year? My garage reckoned everywhere backed up and they only doing one a week.. seems a little nuts but I've no major issues with the car. He says theres a battery module check to be done and rest the boot hinges recall also due.. they loan out an id4 for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

They want the car for the week for the module scan so I can see why there's a backlog at that rate. It would be handy if Cupra could do it on behalf of VW, my Born is booked in to get it done at the beginning of October and it would have been sooner but my work schedule doesn't suit.

Hopefully they can move to two a week if they get into the swing of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Probably not around Dublin, there's something like 4 garages for how many thousands of ID cars sold

I've been trying to get an upgrade out of Joe Duffers for a couple of months now without luck

They had to cancel the last time because they had two cars failed after 3 attempts and needed to get VW support on the case

I don't have any real urgency to update, I'm pretty sure VW aren't going to be updating the 1st editions for much longer considering software v4 seems to be on upgraded hardware

The latest that's been seen on the older hardware was 3.5 (on the ID.3 refresh) which will probably be the last major update I'm thinking

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Have you tried Trinity in Wicklow. Not to far from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

.x aren’t major updates, they are just revisions

major updates gets a new number altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well....

Strictly speaking the .X updates should be minor updates that don't add features, just fix bugs

But several of the .X updates seem to enable new functionality

Now VW could probably argue that the functions existed already (like V2G in 3.5) they were just disabled until they were ready to be used

In any case, the software versions VW publish almost certainly aren't the internal versioning scheme, but are just marketing terms.

I've seen similar done in other software companies where a new generation of a product was in reality just the next major version with the name changed

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liam2021

Try Joe Duffy in navan, seems to go be a good service department there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I got my front two tyres done a few weeks ago and the inside sholder was down to the wire....the tyre actually started falling apart and lost pressure and went flat..eek! very dangerous and my fault really as I didnt check. But in my defence the tyres were just coming down to the wear markers but you couldnt see the inside sholder and had to really put your hand in.

I know @micks_address you have a GTX like mine (20 inch rims 🙄)and I had the rears done on the tyre deal, but it nearly cost me €580 to get the two and get the tracking done as well....going to have to do some serious shopping around for my next pair of shoes!

I had about 30k done on them

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

yeah im actually getting my alignment checked today.. ill report back in the afternoon.. if they say the tyres are bad i might get the fronts done there and then and do the rears out of the service pack..

im not to fussed about the software update to be honest as the car inst misbehaving badly.. i do get a bit over zealous emergency breaking in B mode.. but im not sure if software would fix that - doesnt happen in D mode.. for example if im pulling out of the driveway in B mode and touch the breaks it slams on ... but if i let it roll about 5 feet it doesnt... but doesnt happen at all in D mode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

All the stars alinged for me last week...rocked up to the Amber service station in Fermoy at about 15% SOC, it was 25degs outside and there was no one else charging there. They have an ESB Ecars 150 kW charger

Car rocketed up to 140 kW for a while but then settled into a solid 130kW while I was there. I was near enough to home so only put 20% into it, but boy oh boy 130kW makes such a difference. Into the shop got a Choc-Ice and it was ready to go...

Rarely charge on the public chargers but when I do its always 60kW or there abouts as I never go in under 20% and there is normally people ther so you are sharing 😥

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

talk about comedy... went to get the alignment checked - top notch in discount tyres as always.. they came out looked at the tyres and said look its pointless getting alignment - you need new tyres. quoted 1100 for 4 hankook.. was tempted to go ahead and replace them but i have two in the vw service plan.. phoned my vw dealer in sligo to see if they would credit me for the two tyres.. no dice.. but can go to any vw dealer.. phoned joe duffy swords.. they quoted me 950 euro for 2 tyres.. i was like hmm.. no thanks.. phoned western in drogehda.. they are almost 400 per tyre as well and will only fit via a service booking which earliest is november.. phoned frank keane and they quoted october for a booking... back onto sligo and they are checking when they can fit them... quoting pirelli's... might just bite the bullet and go get them done friday.. even they said its a bit much needed a service booking for tyres.. should be a walk in service..

Advertisement