Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's not really that weird at all to be honest.

he got the titles and earned them because space wizzard something something, like the rest of them.

so he may as well use them, even if it is to make money, you can be sure the rest of them are likely at the same thing.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

One of the numerous problems Harry's got is that Americans don't set much store in titles. They use Prince, Bar(r)on, Princess as given names.

Harry didn't earn his titles; he was born into the Royal Family. Having shat on them at pretty much every opportunity for the past few years, the only thing that's keeping his title is the very fact that he was born into it. I don't think any space wizards were involved, by the way. You might be confusing said space wizard with someone at Operating Thetan level VIII??

he was born into it meaning he earned it, that is how the british monarchy works, one is entitled to be entitled because of birth right.

the whole monarchy came into being because the invisible space wizard called god said something according to someone, so that is how the space wizard is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

It was actually a promotional piece (in Section 4 of the Times) for the Invictus Games. Up to that, injured didn't get any coverage. He talks about his experiences of 2008. I wonder if someone else was organising this, would they get a section in the Sunday Times?

Nice to see Harry getting a hero's welcome by the injured vets, their families and people of Germany at the Invictus Games. Harry is really a great speaker.

https://twitter.com/WeAreInvictus/status/1700608274649780629

Well, there's no arguing with that!

Anyway, you posted yesterday that he's "happy and free". As far as I can see, he's mostly miserable with occasional outbreaks of being mildly happy if he's with Nacho, playing polo or several timezones away from Meghan. He's lost what friends he had, launched a Category 5 attack on pretty well all his family, wrote a tell-all book containing "his truth", especially about the poor frozen todger incident and the efficacy of his mother's favourite Elizabeth Arden cream on his damaged member, to the point that "it felt like my mother was in the room". Lad, you need some therapy!

And all for what? He hasn't got his happiness or his freedom, as far as I can see.

• Advertisement

Its their birthright. That is who they are. It can't be taken from him. How would you like it if someone decided you weren't who you actually were, denying you your identity.

As for the title Duke of Sussex - that was a gift from the Queen who he was very close to. Thats all he has left of his heritage - his titles.

You're getting you "theirs" and "his" mixed up. Harry is a Prince by birth. Their children are Princess and Princess by virtue of the fact that their Grandfather is King. That is why, as I am sure that you know, they didn't get their titles until he became King. But William and Catherine's children did get their Prince and Princess titles immediately, because they are direct decedents of the future monarch. I can imagine the teeth grinding of Meghan at that news! Archie was apparently offered the courtesy title of Earl of Dumbarton but it seems H&M turned it down.

Archie and Lilibet are too young to care. Perhaps a role model could have been Princess Anne, who turned down titles for her children, Zara and Peter. But no.

Harry probably was very close to the late Queen. But his treatment of her and indeed Prince Philip in their final months was nothing short of disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

The last paragraph - he was happy to have a cloud of racism hanging over his grandmothers family only clarifying things (i.e. twas only a bit of unconscious bias) months after she died and while he was lining his póca doing a promotional interview. He had a year and a half while she was still alive to say it was actually the British Press who were smearing his family as racist and not them who had thrown her family under the race bus. Gaslighting behaviour which was hardly that of a loving grandson and certainly not missed by his own family who seem quite satisfied to have sweet fa to do with the pair of them.

So, explain to me how Harry is a Prince as he was only the grandson of the Queen?

Only George was entitled to the title Prince at birth. Charlotte and Louis were not, but the Queen gave it to them anyway because eventually they were going to be the grandchildren of the King.

Female decendents (grandchildren) of the King or Queen are not entitled to be called prince or princess - hence Ann's children do not have titles. Andrew choose that his kids would have titles. In fairness to the Queen, she looked after Ann and her children by gifting Ann an estate where they all live (including Ann's ex-husband).

King Charles was so mean he evicted his son from the house that Harry's grandmother the Queen gifted to him as a wedding present. Its now empty and the Crown Estate (who owe Harry £2.4m for its refurbishment) is now empty and not earning the £200K a year Harry was prepared to pay for the lease.

As for the treatment of the Queen by Harry - I think she was far more preoccupied by dealing with her son's association with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislane Maxwell to worry about Harry and Meghan wanting to move to leave the UK. And Philip was probably completely oblivious to what was going on holed up with his mistress in a cottage on the Sandringham Estate.

The Earl of Dumbarton is already Harry's title. And for obvious reasons, its not a great title to have if you don't want your child to be bullied.

Archie and Lilibet obviously don't care, but it is the right decision to let them decide for themselves when they are 18.

he looks miserable as that is just how he looks, but not a chance is he actually miserable.

he does have plenty of friends, sure he may have lost the few royal cult related ones but that may be no bad thing depending on how friendly they all actually were.

he told the truth about his family, absolutely no doubt about that being the case, and most certainly he has got his freedom.

he no longer has to put up with the racist element of the british press for a start, while they flail around and make a holy show of themselves he is off living his life.

• Advertisement

I don’t understand your first sentence. He was actually Prince Henry of Wales at birth.

In 2013, the late Queen added a patent updating the old George V 1917 patent, to give all of the Cambridge children equal standing, as they will all be the children of the King when William succeeds Charles. Oh, and let’s not forget that Meghan claimed race was a factor in Archie not being made a prince. Which was, needless to say, a lie

And edited to confirm the Princess Royal’s name is Anne, not Ann

I think the reason why they didn't want to give Archie a title was they were hoping that Meghan would leave the UK through the hounding of the racist British press and that Harry would stay behind. Thats why they made it so difficult for them to leave, pulling their security at short notice in Canada knowing that they had death threats hanging over them (mind you, with recent reports in the press as to how racist the Met Police are) they were probably better off findin their own security. The British Royals didn't want a biracial prince of the UK, roaming around the world outside their control. Wallis Simpson was treated the same way.

Or Harry is now sixth in line, is actually rank and file in the scheme of things and is aware of it, his kids are further down the line, he has a dad who has a long known desire to slim things down like other monarchies are doing (i.e. titles for direct line only/removal of titles for those outside that line : see fall out in Danish monarchy for example) and Harry was allowed to go build his life overseas and free to make loads of dosh and do it all in a country where titles for his kids actually mean the square root of feck all.

That said, the big mistake made was not assigning at least one full time protection officer to Harry and his family and having an agreement in place for funding that. His dad has the money to pay. The kind of deal his mother was offered but one she turned down. Who even knows if that was even offered though. It could have been.

Also the Met Police is racist now? If, for example, a few employees (among thousands globally) in the company I work for are outed as racist then, in common sense land, that doesn't mean we're all racist since we're all in the same company. It just means those specific people are racist. You're using selective bias there and making a whopping generalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Ah well, HRH, Prince Michael of Kent, 1st cousin of the Queen is still a Prince of the UK as he was born the 3rd son of the 4th son of George V. He is 52nd in line to the throne. 😂

He only retired a year ago or so (when caught selling access to the Kremlin of all places)!

I'm surprised you missed this a few days ago:

Five retired British police officers on Thursday admitted sending offensive and racist social media messages about Prince Harry's wife, the Duchess of Sussex, and others. The men, all in their 60s, were arrested after a BBC investigation last year sparked an internal police inquiry.

I believe these former officers were involved in protection of the Royals and MPs/diplomats. Not a lot of information about this in the racist British press!

According to some report/investigation on the Met, there is a real problem with racism and misogony in the Met Police and they haven't faced up to it.

I think the frawn comes on when he sees an univited camera lens pointing at him. A trauma from his childhood perhaps! The paps don't get into the polo grounds, so its not intrusive photography there, so he is all smiles.

Thought it was interesting that the venue for the Well Child Awards were kept totally secret from the media. No one blabbed to the press. Now, all those Harry haters can't claim that he is looking for publicity (and basically he probably was trying to keep the spotlight on the kids, and not on him). Similarly for his visit to his grandparents graves - only the palace knew and of course some of them blabbed about it.

Its really interesting to see how the H&M haters try and twist this, but he fooled them this time on his trip to London.

A trauma from his childhood. Funny how he was well able to park his trauma when doing multiple pre-arranged pap walks to promote his friends new London night club back in '05. The traumatised by the photographers shtick is part of his shmäh (i.e. in the Schwarzeneggar Netflix doc he talks about using exagerrated BS to serve as attention seeking self-promotion - so called shmäh). His mothers death still serves him well in that regard as well (see Heart of Invictus).

The venue was the Hurlingham Club and was very easily determined online with the aid of a tweet from the Well Child CEO i.e. that background looks awfully like the Hurlingham Club and Well Child have used this venue before. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduce where it would be held. The whole secrective venue was more than likely PR promotional fluff and there was no need for any rabid press to do a Sherlock Holmes on it because they seemingly just don't care anymore. Harry and Meghan are only of interest now as they merely serve as click bait for stuff like the Daily Mail Online even when they promote charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Harry and Meghan are only of interest now as they merely serve as click bait for stuff like the Daily Mail Online even when they promote charities.

"Only", really? You still seem engrossed.

Horrendous stories.

Engrossed? Likewise. They are boring and predictable. To clarify I mean the UK press. The Mail Online and supermarket gossip magazines are the only media interested. They'll sniff anything banal out to create content.

You or @jm08 care to explain a traumatised Harry doing pap walks for a pal or happy to ignore that point?

• Advertisement

Indeed it is. Your dodge is also noted.

Why don't we try an experiment then since Invictus has begun.

*Goes into Sky News website*

Morocco Earthquake

*scrolls*

Job Losses

*scrolls*

North Korea

*scrolls*

Spanish FA president

*scrolls*

Banning Dogs

*scrolls*

Twindemic

*scrolls*

Lots more understandably on the Morocco Quake and a lot more scrolling.

Into Analysis section

Ah – there we go Invictus/Harry/Negative headlines/Reset time. An opinion piece. Filler.

*Checks Most Read articles*

I don’t see the article you posted in that top 10 either. It didn't make the main page, was posted at 1am.

Invictus is his pet project. If you’re using Sky News as a UK media metric for promoting/embracing Prince Harrys pet project then you need a better yardstick frankly. Any actual activity from him will be reported on but given how intermittent these are then I stand by my point that it is the ridiculous tittle/tattle stuff which now mainly drives their UK media coverage. (e.g. they go for dinner and the Mail Online is all over it).

So Sky News is UK media?

So your claims are false?

I clarified my point and it's not the gotcha you think it is. I would argue that, per my last post, that UK media outlet Sky News doesn't regard Invictus/Harry as important. Consider them posting one opinion piece today and burying an article about it in the early hours of Monday morning as caring if you like but I wouldn't. Now if Sky were doing coverage of the games and devoting time to do one of their filler pieces to Invictus (e.g. a 20 minute mini piece) then you'd have a point. It is UK veterans after all and it is worthy of coverage beyond opinion pieces and buried articles.

You haven't clarified anything you have hilariously tried to demote Sky news as not real qualifying as UK media to try and justify your false claims.

Harry and Meghan are only of interest now as they merely serve as click bait for stuff like the Daily Mail Online even when they promote charities.

They are boring and predictable. To clarify I mean the UK press. The Mail Online and supermarket gossip magazines are the only media interested. They'll sniff anything banal out to create content.

It is UK veterans after all and it is worthy of coverage beyond opinion pieces and buried articles.

Well no, it isn't. Did you even read the article?

*double post*

I am saying that the only UK media which genuinely cares about their antics/branding/promotion is the likes of the Mail Online and gossip magazines since it ultimately makes them money. Your counter point in arguing that the UK media actually does care is to post an article from Sky News as an example. Yet under examination this coverage from a UK media outlet amounts to one opinion piece well down the main page and an article posted during the early hours of a Monday morning. Hardly prime time coverage I’m sure you’ll agree but, despite it being a worthy event, it is a niche one, held in Germany, poorly attended, happening in parallel with the Rugby WC/US Open tennis and during other events which are more newsworthy. That explains the weight Sky News is placing on Harrys showpiece annual event. Here’s a prediction. I’ll check this weeks cover of Bella Magazine (a UK gossip/fashion mag). I’d be willing to bet that either Harry or Meghan or both will feature on the cover because they usually do. I’ll revert back during the week. I might even go into that god awful Mail Online site and do a Ctrl+F for Harry and Meghan and see if they come up.

Did I read it? Sky News. UK. UK veterans taking part (with other nationalities). Promoted by a UK Prince. Your point?

Personally, I have no problem with the Invictus Games being in the media and online, because the basic principle about the veterans is a very worthy one. And if Harry can promote the games, let him carry on. But he, and especially Meghan, are a distraction from the benefits that can come from veterans getting some profile. By all means introduce it and close it, Harry, otherwise keep a low media profile and do some good by spending time with the veterans. Deals with Netflix, the relationship with Better Up and its tortuous argot just look like opportunities for H&M to leech off the IG.

Nice expenses, though

Those are media outlets reporting on the Invictus Games of which Harry is a patron. It’s an event that is promoted and gets picked up on. When the likes of the Washington Post start speculating about their marriage, why Meghan is wearing a stress patch or similar guff in their reporting then talk to me. Beyond any noteworthy actual news (e.g. court case developments) these outlets don’t care about Brand Sussex. Except for the Mail Online et al because churning guff makes them money.

• Advertisement

The British tabloids are only interested in slagging off Harry (& Meghan). They don't like to publicise the good stuff (like the Invictus Games). Interesting that the only publicity about the Invictus Games in the Daily Mail / some of the tabloids is an article about where Harry is staying (hotel suite which is costing £2K a night!). Nothing about the UK veteran competitors.

And what is an absolute disgrace (bearing in mind all the military titles the British Royal family have), not one tweet wishing Team UK Vets good look in the Invictus Games (not to mention the many Commonwealth countries that are participating). Thats how petty the Senior British Royals are.

How laughable it is that the British print media were indignant because Harry said that the British media did nothing for Veterans and now they seem to completely ignore Team UK competing in the Invictus Games this year! Perhaps because they are very much Team Harry!

Snippet from Melboure News: https://twitter.com/royal_suitor/status/1700947421797515728?s=20

Interesting quote from Team UK:

“We love him here. You’ll never get a bad word out of any of us for Harry. Look what he's built. Look what he's created for us all” - Rich Waldrom, Team UK

There were 20,000 at the opening ceremony with 21 countries participating, so hardly insignificent (bearing in mind that is only countries that have war wounded would be participating).

Harry also was a guest on the German equivalent of ''Match of the Day'' along with the German Defence Minister and a few others. Canada are hosting the next one, and South Korea is putting in a bid for the one after that. Its not about the UK, its a more global event and probably.

The British Royal family have really shot themselves in the foot on this one!

Advertisement