Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Uhh, newsflash: she's a gibbering idiot. This footage isn't new, and at one point was on Twitter with Joe Biden's voice at the end 'approving this message.' She actually goes on about FDR for awhile.

Sad thing is she'll be reelected. Maybe if the Democratic party takes back the house they can at least muzzle her more traitorous spews.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Read the joint open letter penned by the US Secretary of the Navy, US Secretary of the Army, and US Secretary of the Air Force that has the right wing media crawling up its own sphincter the day after its been published:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

How dare they call him an asshole for behaving like an asshole.. I mean , the very cheek of it..!!!

MAGA Republicans in the house pushing to hold a government shutdown ransom unless biden's impeachment nothingburger begins have a new enemy: Republicans in the Senate who are disinterested in a shutdown fight, or in an impeachment inquiry without evidence. Gerrymandered house members find the fight advantageous, senators who have to answer to their whole electorate, not so much.

And the Senate Democrats? Haaaaappppy to call their bluff.

Illinois Man arrested for death threats to Bidens, Obamas, and Clinton

His comments were in relation to a Utah man that engaged in a violent standoff with the FBI when they served him an arrest for, again, death threats, to Joe Biden

Robertson posted online Monday that he had heard Biden was coming to Utah and he was planning to dig out a camouflage suit and begin “cleaning the dust off the M24 sniper rifle,” a post that came after months of graphic online threats against several public figures, according to court documents. Robertson referred to himself as a “MAGA Trumper,” a reference to former President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan, and also posted threats against top law enforcement officials overseeing court cases against Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

At least he didn't try sending ricin.

2d Article: "(neighbour)said Robertson had a collection of perhaps 20 guns, though he noted that that wasn’t unusual for the area."

Old, frail, crazy, armed. 'Murica

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Follow the orders Joe.

Who exactly is giving the orders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Every time I see a Biden speech, he's just embarrassing himself and the office of the Presidency.

Not that the other fella is any better. It's no wonder America is so broken but worse that we here seem to be soaking up the worst of their cultural problems and divisive politics.

There has to be better options for President?

TBF, neither is the nominee yet. There's always hope something can change. There are many better candidates than Trump running, and some that might run if he drops out. Likewise Biden.

But, they're both the frontrunners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A more objective report on this exchange which indicates a much quieter room, unclear how RNC doctored their version of it:

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: Staff, anybody haven’t spoken.. (inaudible) Now I ain’t calling on you, I’m calling on, I told you, like five questions. Anita, VOA.

ANITA POWELL: Thank you, Mr. President. I hope you didn’t think that calling only on women would get you softballs tonight.

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: I know better than that.

ANITA POWELL: Okay, well, let me start with…

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: If you sent me a softball I wouldn’t know what to do with it, I’d probably strike out even worse!

ANITA POWELL: But let me ask you about you’ve spent lots of time talking about all the time you spent with President Xi and the importance of leader to leader communication. Yet you two haven’t spoken in ten months. And I just wonder, are you worried that this is destabilizing the US-China relationship and what are you going to do about it? And then, if I may, on Ukraine, sir, he is upset that the G20 communique didn’t named Russia as the aggressor. Have you managed to rally more support or sympathy across the G20, or is this emerging as a wedge issue with the global South? And does that change your commitment to Ukraine?

PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: It’s not a wedge issue in the global south it’s a wedge issue with Russia’s president and with China which is present, which has representation. And so and by the way, I am, my team. My staff still meets with President Xi’s people in his cabinet. In fact, I met with his number two person here in excuse me, in India today. So it’s not like there’s a crisis if I don’t personally speak to him, be better if I did. But I think, look, this is not a criticism. It’s an observation. He has his hands full right now. He has overwhelming unemployment with his youth. One of the major economic tenets of his plan is not working at all right now. I’m not happy for that, but it’s not working. So he’s trying to figure out, I suspect, I don’t know, just like I would try to figure out what to do about the particular crisis we’re having now. But I don’t think it’s a crisis relating the conflict between China and the United States. As a matter of fact, I think it’s less likely to cause that kind of conflict. I don’t. Anyway, I just think that there are other things on leaders minds, and I respond to what’s needed the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Spot the difference..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've not checked in on this thread in some time. I think it was when one of the Trump supporters wanted to discuss Biden's policies but couldn't name a single one.

So, I'm not surprised that we're back to both sides once again.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

So, Senators Fetterman(D) and Vance(Q) are working on a bill to improve rail safety. It's not progressing because Vance has shifted focus to a bill to ban mask mandates. I'd originally thought to put this in the 'threats are coming from the right' thread, but it rightfully belongs here and is a classic example of GQP not wanting to govern, just to rule:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not sure what I'm looking at here..

Happy elderly man being led by the hand? Former German chancellor (responsible for a lot of the immigration issues the continent and Ireland are now struggling with) trying to bully/face down an ally who's having none of it? (Wouldn't be the first time)

Genuinely not sure what point this image is trying to make - Biden happy and easily led/managed? Trump not going to be faced down? All 3 individuals were awful choices?

Your recollection is somewhat incorrect to put it mildly.

The "Trump supporter" Trumpty, or whatever other disparaging description you prefer, dint bring up Bidens policies, another Pro Biden lapdog did, and he did so in a way to try and deflect the thread.

The "Trump Supporter" said he wasnt going to take the bait.

Couldnt name a single one of Bidens policies, pfft.

New poll shows most Americans believe Biden's policies made economy worse, era what do they know.

Some quick takeaways:

How has Bidens Policies affected US Economic Conditions:

Worsened Conditions: 58%

Improved Conditions: 24%

Seriously Concerned Bidens Age might negatively affect his :

Ability to serve another Full Term: 76%

Current mental/Physical Competence: 73%

67% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters say the party should nominate someone other than Biden – up from 54% in March, though still below the high of 75% who said they were seeking an alternative last summer.

Most Democratic-aligned voters younger than 45 say they approve of Biden’s job performance overall. But in a break from older partisans, substantial majorities also say that Biden does not inspire confidence (63%), does not have the stamina and sharpness to serve effectively (64%), and that his policies have failed to improve the economy (64%).

These are terrible numbers, terrible.

So name one. Let’s get to that policy discussion. 😶

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

New poll shows most Americans believe Biden's policies made economy worse, era what do they know.

I mean, they quite objectively are wrong. However, this being politics it doesn't matter and what they believe is more important.

The question then is why people feel this way and how to correct that. It's an utterly bizarre phenomenon though.

The age thing seems fairly irrelevant in a potential Trump matchup.

The New York Times ran an article at the weekend entitled "Why Is Joe Biden So Unpopular"

It reveals alot when a paper with such a left bias starts writing articles like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,942 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Did you read the article?

It didn't make any sense... it doesn't actually have any real explanation and completely contradicts itself.

Joe Biden is an unpopular president, and without some recovery, he could easily lose to Donald Trump in 2024. By itself, this is no great wonder: His two predecessors were also unpopular at this stage of their presidencies, also endangered in their re-election bids. But with Trump and Barack Obama, there were reasonably simple explanations. For Obama, it was the unemployment rate, 9.1 percent in September 2011, and the bruising battles over Obamacare. For Trump, it was the fact that he had never been popular, making bad approval ratings his presidency’s natural default.

So Biden is as unpopular as presidents usually are but might lose to someone who was never popular... because... ???

Reader the ??? is never answered.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/09/opinion/joe-biden-unpopular.html

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Also, the NYT's opinion section is fairly esoteric in terms of political views.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Probably because a lot of people are struggling to afford basic necessities like food, gas and energy. Everything is so much more expensive, and whether its true or not, a lot of people blame the president for that.

inflation is at a 40 year high ... and corporate profits are at a 70 year high

all while Republicans work overtime misinforming the electorate about their efforts to dismantle the original New Deal, and "pull it up by its roots"

And link dumps.

Even if it wasn't, someone just saying that they've an article with a certain title is just putting in zero effort.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Given Merkel subsequently was shown to have had…. misguided concepts relating the minor details like European security, the fact that she was displeased with Trump in 2018 at the time he was lambasting them for exactly what they realized last year was true (and got laughed at by her representatives at the time), that photo is probably a point in favor of Trump.

Advertisement