Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OK it's kind of pissing me off the attack against Revolut that's happening here. They didn't steal your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

'Savvy'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

There should be backup funds available to refund my stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I'd love if I got a text telling me my power was going to be cut off on a day I'm working from home. I'd text back saying yippee an excuse to doss for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Very savvy, says she.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Burp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Well the banks in the UK actually have that sort of fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you had €10k in cash on your person walking back from the shop and bought with it 5 magic beans from a well spoken fella on the side of the road would you expect your money back?

When you set up your account with revolut they send countless emails and push notifications saying they will never ring you directly. If they detect a potential scam they sent a notification, usually a text, and say if you don't recognise the transaction, freeze your card (very easy to do and reverse) and contact the help number on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

This is all very well but what about the graveyard story we were promised in the intro?

A nation waits impatiently, so to speak.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Gowon Mandy

How much ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭archfi

So savvy is she, she opened the golden gates to her 10k off a text saying her 'power' would be cut off if she didn't update her details!.

I mean, I think she meant savaloy.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

do they target woodbine users

• IMO the very best education is to teach people how various scams are done, to show how easy it is once you’re in practise so to speak. How to fake part of a website is a very easy start. I’ve shown people over a cup of coffee and they are stunned. “Sure anyone could do that!” Exactly!

M

Caller you forget the part where you downloaded AnyDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

Omg why are all these people ringing in telling the nation they’re stupid.

Oh my Lord !

Mandy!!

Are you not savvy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Several years ago the Irish banks were quietly re-imbursing scam victims just to keep the lid on it. Something like ten million per annum at the time, in total.

Can only be worse now.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

De biggest tick

Fair play though.....sounds like she got der in de end

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

The banks are blue in the face telling people that they don;t contact people looking for their details.

When people get caught by this, they then blame the banks.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Ah.....de dawter's savvy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Tech savvy again 😂

M

Once you click on a link and download something consider your phone compromised and only worth fooking directly in to the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I work for a security consulting firm. I was preparing for a phishing project for a client, and tested it out on the internal company. 3 people clicked the link and entered the details. I reported the 3 people to the CTO, and one of the guys, a sales director made a report to HR about me, because "he should have been made aware that it was a test so he would know not to click the link".

Life is one big phishing test.

her dawter is a whizz on The TIK TOK

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

'tech savvy'

lol , thick savvy

To be honest I appreciate this wan Mandy because she's completely honest about how thick she was, and she's clearly giving an itemised breakdown of what happened to help others.

The first one was too wishy washy and giving out about Revolut.

• I once scammed myself with a call, had set it up, got suddenly distracted by something else at home that completely absorbed my attention for the rest of the evening. Then my phone rang, saw USA number, “another fecking scammer”, then I remembered it was myself!

• Advertisement

howya Hyacinth... i mean Corina

Advertisement