Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie cant top

Options
  • 10-09-2023 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Their website is useless cant top up anyone else have issues with this ?

https://48.ie/gift-shop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

very poor website

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had sone trouble this week with my wife's one, and the mother in law a few weeks before. If you call support they can do f all except tell you to try in Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Auto renew failed for someone in the house. Trying to do it via the website also failed.

Post edited by Flinty997 on

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Nope. That seems to be just what they try to delay you with! I had to load credit in the account, and the customer service person added the membership.

• Advertisement

Trying to buy a gift membership since yesterday still down cant buy credit joke of a company phone out of action since weekend-was on to them they have the worst reps possible with pigeon english

What happens if you buy a topup say in newsagent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,268 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I mean I never done that. I just have it on auto renew.

you cant buy 48.ie credit outside that jokeshop of a website-imagine that when its down you are left in limbo

• Advertisement

Apparently the 48 shop is down for maintenance for god knows how long from what I got from livechat

Ok thanks.

The auto renewal shouldn't be effected by the website but was.

Must be a lot of people effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Yozie

I'm guessing this isn't your exact situation, but unlike other providers 48 sort of "shuts down" your account if you don't top up for a few months time. When I did that, I was also unable to top up or re-enable membership no matter what I tried. After contacting support they told me they have to re-activate my account in order to top up. Not sure exactly after how many months of inactivity this happens.

No what? This is the experience I went through, just shared in case he/she was in the same situation by any chance. It wasn't a yes/no question.

They all shut down your account, reclaim the number if not topped up for 3 months or 6 months for Vodafone. Makes it hard to have a standby or emergency phone.

No for me it's not an old SIM that hasn't been topped up for ages. The comments from other posters all sound like active accounts as well.

Fair enough re the second point, first point not necessarily. I have an old Three prepay sim as well, didn't run into the same issue with that one. In all cases, minor detail and perhaps applicable for most providers so. :)

Unless it's a old golden sim or legacy plane originally from O2. But three changed all their prepaid plans.

One of those OG prepay sims where you can actually spend the top-up credit. Definitely happy to still have that.

This is still not fixed you cant buy credit on the website fcukin joke of a company

• Advertisement

Time to port I think.

Can't reach support. I only just switched a few of our phones to 48 about two months ago. This is ridiculous.

The top-up page is back working for me today. Never managed to get through to support.

This took weeks to fix I fixed it myself by moving company.Imagine having a website where you couldn't even top up must of lost loads of customers like myself .

I had to get two prepay sims for the phones I couldn't top up. Negating any saving I made by moving them to 48 in the first place.

Advertisement