Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭hexosan

I’ve the battery set up 16 x 302ah with a Jk BMS. Does any one have a list of settings that need to be changed (I’m more hardware than software).

I can’t seem to get the battery to only charge off solar. Whenever I change the setting in system mode 2 from zero export/priority load it charges the battery from the gird. At the moment I only want the solar charging the battery. It seems anything else I change here stops the pv going to the house load

with the battery charge turned off on the BMS I’ve gone from a 20w trickle charge from the grid to 68w and it’s showing this is going to the battery even if the battery is off.

By pressing a lot of buttons today I managed to get the battery to charge and I have it discharging as well.

if anyone has a list of the correct settings and is will to share I’d appreciate.

is it possible to only have the battery charge from solar during the day. Mine is charging but if there isn’t enough solar it’s using the grid as well.

I also found a setting where you can set the trickle charge from 20w to zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

You'll want something like this

Don't try to make sense of it, many have tried and failed 🤣

So from looking at this and online. When the timer is turned on and if no boxes are ticked it discharges the battery. If any of the grid boxes are ticked it charges from the grid for that time period.

*this is the bit I’m not sure of: if your not using the timer the battery will charge from solar or grid (if there isn’t enough solar to keep up)

the other issue I have is the battery discharged all night (perfect) until 6am and then started to charge from the grid. The BMS said there was 59% left in the battery but the inverter was reading 35%. I had all the timers set to 30% discharge so maybe the inverter stopped it at this point. But I’ve now changed all the timers to 15% like SD-Dracula said but now it won’t discharge and instead the fire is powering the house

What do I need to make both battery and inverter communicate together. (I’m assuming this isn’t easy)

I was under the impression that unless you have one of those new jk BMSes they can't talk to each other (unless you do some sort of esp32 hack in between like some have done)

• Advertisement

Back when I installed the inverter Sunsynk support said if the CT run is less than 15m no need for meter, called them this week and they said they recommend a meter if over 10m now.

Mine is 12m so might be related.

I had the chint meter and when I rang the tech support he told me they no longer recommend the Chint due to compatibility issues and are now recommending the eastron meter with the supplied CT clamp. The Chint is supposed to be removed from their install manual on its next update.

my meter is only 5m away so I used the supplied CT meter with the inverter as the tech couldn’t get the CHiNt to work.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

And your running the battery in voltage mode as you have no communication?

For communication you can have this to do the translation https://github.com/Uksa007/esphome-jk-bms-can

• Advertisement

That out of my wheel house I’m afraid. I wouldn’t know where to start.

I’ve figured out the charging and discharging but the inverter keeps stopping the battery discharging at 30% even though the battery BMS is saying it has over 50% left.

anyone have any idea of what settings I’m missing

After a poor day of production the battery has supplemented the house for the day. The inverter is showing 60% left and BMS is showing 73%

How is the sunsynk getting a % when your running in voltage mode? @unkel what settings did you run in voltage mode?

In battery settings I’ve lithium selected

battery capacity- 302ah

discharge amp- 100

charge amp- 40

shutdown- 20

restart-50

Low battery- 25

Grid charge on

grid start-15

grid amp-40

Grid signal & gen signal are on

Battery empty volt -45v

Second issue

I currently have 788w going from battery to inverter but only 695w feeding the house load. Theres a missing 100w somewhere.

Nothing is going to the grid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭allinthehead

☀️

I’ve changed the restart in battery setting from 50% to 22%

low battery to 21%

shutdown to 20%.

its allowed the battery to run lower but I still have the problem where the inverter is saying I’ve 23% left and the BMS is saying 49%

Without communication your possibly should be in the voltage mode(possibly lead acid mode)

It has no way of knowing what the BMS thinks the Soc is.

• Advertisement

It’s definitely set to lithium in the settings and I assume the inverter is guestimating the SOC, it’s just a long way out.

What other hardware would be needed if I ordered this

Rs485 to usb adapter 

JKBMS RS485 CAN module

Raspberry Pi 3b 

The jk can on the one you have isn't the same as inverter can.

The list of things won't work.

Honestly the easiest way is the new inverter JK (only just released)

So is there no way for the JK BMS to communicate with the sunsynk unless you upgrade to the newer BMS

you can also use that JKbms can that i linked above too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Can't remember from the top of my head from when I had 16S 😂

@hexosan - without CAN comms between inverter and BMS, you should go with AGM voltage setting. Then use values of somewhere between 2.5V and 3.65V per cell (so times 16), whatever you are happy with

I’ve been discharging to 51.2v for over a week now and that gets the battery down to about 3% on the inverter but the BMS reads about 20/21%. I have it set to charge to 57.2v and when the inverter shows it fully charged the BMS reads about 290ah and continues the charge for another few mins to hit 302ah.

its only got down to the 51.2v twice in the last week. The battery has to make it till 1:30am ish as my night meter is out by about 1:25mins. Suits me as this allows us to still use the night rate as the house is getting up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Has anyone here purchased one of their recommended (https://www.sunsynk.org/post/eastron-meters-do-you-need-one) Eastron meters?

Finding it difficult to find the specific one they mention (some have clamps, some don't seem to, and some have clamps which look to have slightly different specs).

I have an existing Acrel modbus meter, and the CT looks to have the same specs. Perhaps this would work too, unsure.

Direct from sunsynk tech support

These are the details for the Eastron Meter you require for use with Sunsynk Inverters plus two better images.

EASTRON

Single Phase Energy Meter

Model: SDM120CT-M

Input: 230V ~ 50/60Hz

40mA CT

[Symbol] 1: Configurable

[Symbol] 2: 1000imp/kWh

IEC62053-21  CI:1

-25ºC ~ +55ºC  IP51  CAT II

SPLIT CORE CT

ESCT-TA16

600V, CAT IIII, 50-60Hz

Accuracy: 0.5%

S1 White     S2 Black

Rated Input: 120A

Rated Output: 40mA

ZR20220513

Please make sure that the model is the exact as the information stated above.

Kind regards,

• Advertisement

I think I posted the pics of the exact meter a few posts back as well.

Advertisement