Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting Gomo number to existing Vodafone account

Options
  • 12-09-2023 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

I got robbed abroad and lost my phone and gomo sim. I need my phone / number to unlock my revolut and google (2FA nightmare). The easiest way seemed to be to get a new gomo sim sent to my girlfriend (in Ireland), me get a vodafone E-Sim and then port the number from Gomo to VF. So I got the VF sim yesterday, and my gomo sim arrived at home today. But the VF support person said I can't port a gomo number to an existing VF account, that's untrue right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

VF seem to do things a bit differently, you may need to initiate the port during the VF ordering process.

Just be careful with porting and 2FA, it can be hit and miss if databases aren't updated correctly.

IMO it's better to unlock revolut and google by getting the 2FA SMS codes relayed from the Gomo SIM (ie your gf reads them and tells you) and then update the number on revolut etc with the VF esim number.

There's no absolute guarantee that 2FA will work correctly after porting and it'll be harder to sort out then.

Remember also that if you're on a cheaper Gomo plan (9.99 or 12.99), you lose that by porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Woah, I am glad I read this before doing anything. Losing my 9.99 would have been a disaster. Genuinely I am extremely grateful you posted this.

In that case I'll just get her to 2FA back into google and Revolut and I'll use this VF for the next week or two till I get my sim back.

Advertisement