Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I guess if you are 7 years old that might be true.

• American Recovery Plan, Inflation Reduction Act, CHIPS and Science Act, Infrastructure Act. All developed, and enacted.
    • Near perfect on Ukraine in terms of both support and diplomacy.
    • Got America out of Afghanistan. Finally. The issues of the withdrawal did happen, but virtually nothing about that 20 year war could be said to have been a success.
    • Managed to pass student debt relief to 10's of thousands of people.
    • Finally some positive steps to considering the need to help the environment.

But, considering what I said about him being one of the most successful Presidents of our lifetime, look at the competition? over the last 40 years

• Reagan - Iran contra, several grant rigging and lobbying scandals. Turned his back on his own history to target unions.
    • Bush 1 - Started Gulf war, 1 term President
    • Clinton - Personal scandals overshadowed his massive financial success
    • Bush 2 - Started wars that would kill millions, impact billions, and cost trillions. Cut regulation that allowed 08 financial crash to occur
    • Obama - ground breaker and cleaned up Bush 2's economic mess but hamstrung by Republicans who refused to allow him any win if they could.
    • Trump - Lol

But, I knew when I said Biden has been very good if you looked at it objectively, that that wasn't a word you were going to let trouble you.

Most Americans are not embroiled in political and cultural warfare in online echo chambers.

And yet, that's what Ted Cruz, Marsha Blackburn, Tommy tubberville, Josh Hawley, Jim Jordan, DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, et al focus their time on. Not to mention conservative media and rent-a-shout people.

Why do you think that is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The right certainly are. What do you think Fox News, OANN, Alex Jones et al are for? Can you provide a single shred of evidence for your claim?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

The wheel is always turning, that's a fact of life.

And eventually the penny will drop with Republicans and they'll realize just how far away they are from what is actually in the best interests of the American people.

Their national positions on healthcare, the climate, abortion, education all disagree with the will of the people, and yet, they persist.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders came out last week and said no one in Arkansas wants to go to California because life in her state is so much better. This despite the facts saying that it is one of the worst states in terms of income, health, crime, education etc etc etc.

It's no wonder they want to prevent young people voting, platforms like Tik Tok have blown the Conservative policy of keeping people scared and uninformed wide open. They are learning a very harsh lesson at the moment. And they've extended that lesson by 20 years with how they let Trump literally assault their party.

In a funny way, Biden not running in 16 partly because of the loss of his son, could be in the long term best interests of the US because if opened the door to Trump and his crew and the way they have sh*t on everything is forcing people, or will hopefully to wake up.

It's not 1980 anymore, facts are facts and cannot be kept out of sight forever.

I would like if Biden was in the process of handing over to Harris (even though I'm not a huge fan) because he is old, there's no doubt. But having him lie on a stretcher for 4 years whispering commands to an aide would still be better than 1 week of the alternative if it is the 2 horse race it may be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They know. That's the point of conservatism: To entrench privilege and keep the peasants in their place. Regarding the GOP, that's why they do this:

They know they can't win a straight election so they bend the rules.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

Don't let people vote until they are 25.

Don't allow postal voting.

All part of the same MO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I am not a supporter of Trump or the Reps but...

I see Biden was totally confused and talking nonsense at the Vietnam press conference. And he was struggling to read notes.

Once again he’s show he’s too old for that job.

If Biden persists and runs again - Open goal for the Reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

What looked sensible and restrained during a pandemic, can cast a very different shadow during a more conventional campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Exactly.

if Biden persists in running, he can’t “hide away” from the set piece appearances and debates this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LOL "serious concerns".

Where were your "serious concerns" when the guy you constantly shill for on here was encouraging idiots to riot at the Capitol building? Or when he was being judged as a rapist? And a whole host of seriously concerning issues that Trump has been responsible for.

Your "serious concerns" are bullshit in comparison to what's on the other side of the table.

His opponent may be the convicted rapist Nazi or a tribute act. He'll be fine. He's governing much better than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Kevin McCarthy will endorse an impeachment inquiry this week, according to

@PunchbowlNews

"McCarthy plans to tell House Republicans in a closed meeting this week that launching an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden is the 'logical next step' in the GOP's probes."

Ffs - what a waste of everyone's time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Significant cognitive decline, out of context clips from 2 hour speeches isn't a sign of substantial decline. And Trump going attack dog in debates isn't gonna be that effective when he's gonna have multiple ongoing criminal trials and is potentially gonna be convicted before any debate. The highly corrupt president shouting "lock him up" isn't gonna win votes this time around.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I don't think it will even get out of the House let alone the Senate.

Given how tight their majority is , it only takes a handful to vote against it to kill it.

There are already multiple GOP House members saying that it's a stupid move and for several others in swing seats it would be suicide to vote for it.

McCarthy just showing how utterly impotent he is as leader.

This will be disastrous for the GOP - Again.

Yep. Not a shred of evidence for the cognitive decline narrative. Literal fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Joe Biden's accomplishment dossier -

^The Afghan withdrawal disaster. 13 serviceman dead. $80Billion worth of armoury left behind that has been sold and used in conflicts.

Biden opens floodgates , unleashing a veritable tidal wave of illegal migration that Mayor Adams claims will destroy New York city.

Flogged all of America's emergency reserve oil  to the lowest level since 1984. The oil price jump helped push U.S. inflation to the highest level in 40 years.

Endless money printing and spiralling out of control inflation punishing the middle class and poor.

Denied affordable energy supply to Europe by cancelling the east med pipeline. Killed Keystone making US dependant on foreign energy.

Groveled to OPEC for bailouts.

750 Overseas Militaristic occupation bases and continues to build more to encircle China

Ran roughshod over Jan 6th by disgracefully politicizing and comparing that day to 9/11. Tearing the social fabric of the nation asunder in direct opposition to promises he would bring people together.

Student loan forgiveness made colleges raise their tuition fees.

Fentanyl overdose deaths surged 279% since 2016. Cocaine and strippers in the White House.

Fell asleep in front of Israeli PM. Attempting to imprison his political rival as they do in Iran and Pakistan.

Plagiarized speeches, essays, and policy positions throughout his entire life. . .

During his failed 1988 presidential campaign, Biden plagiarized from speeches by British politician Neil KinnockRobert Kennedy, and President John F. Kennedy

Biden Plagiarized Large Chunks Of Legal Language Directly From A 1965 Fordham Law Review Article

Gives passes to people for breaking his 1994 anti-crack bill that put masses of the black community behind bars.

Approval rating constantly in the negative and currently polling behind Donald Trump.

Biden extremely unfit, horribly corrupt, a sock puppet at best, and the worst grifter of political office seen in many a decade.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh look - Random dump of content copy and pasted from some other website.

Filled with lies , invented opinions or "truths" taken entirely out of context .

In short - Complete and utter nonsense lacking anything approach value.

Let's just take the 1st one - $85B of equipment left behind..

Nope - Not even remotely close and it's not even the number they are conflating it with. The TOTAL amount spent on Afghanistan over the entire conflict was $82.9B , so even when they lie , they can't get the numbers right..

Another tedious dump.

Trump negotiated the Afghanistan withdrawal so that's on him. I'll dismiss the rest of the post as more fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,942 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Scurrilous nonsense.

Since 2016.

Was Biden President in 2016?

This is the level of intelligence this hatchet job of lies and nonsense and half truths is aimed at.

The worst grifter! Did you just have amnesia of the period 2016-2020?

Worse that the grifter who is grifting money to fund his legal defences? The rapist Donald Trump.

Nobody paying attention to the facts believes you.

Laughably bad epic fail there.

Who was President in 2016-2020 @BruteStock

Hint, you mentioned him in your thread, and it wasn't Biden.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Its as if they are totally unaware that Biden has always been an unpopular politician. He wasn't invited to Barracks 60th. Kamala's true opinion of him was laid bare when she recounted her bussing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Can you explain* how increasing the supply of oil raised its price?

*It's OK, I know you don't understand what you just posted.

It's the fact that most of the "statements" in that diatribe are simply not true.

Biden is not great by any means , but virtually none of the "points" made in that post are remotely close to accurate or true.

Let's look at the list shall we ?

^The Afghan withdrawal disaster. 13 serviceman dead. $80Billion worth of armoury left behind that has been sold and used in conflicts.

• Already covered this one in my earlier posts

Biden opens floodgates , unleashing a veritable tidal wave of illegal migration that Mayor Adams claims will destroy New York city.

• How exactly has he "unleashed" this tidal wave , point to a specific policy?

Flogged all of America's emergency reserve oil to the lowest level since 1984. The oil price jump helped push U.S. inflation to the highest level in 40 years.

• Help me understand what you think the "Strategic Oil Reserve is for if it's not to be used to help the American economy when Oil is difficuly/expensive to obtain , help me understand why him using the oil reserve was a bad thing?

Endless money printing and spiralling out of control inflation punishing the middle class and poor.

• Nothing to do with the underlying causes of the GLOBAL inflation issues currently being seen

Denied affordable energy supply to Europe by cancelling the east med pipeline. Killed Keystone making US dependant on foreign energy.

• Nonsense , aside from the fact that the US are not involved in the East-Med pipeline , it's not cancelled it's being re-routed to avoid Cyprus for various geo-political reasons. Also the Keystone pipeline has absolute ZERO to do with US oil production or independence - It was a pipeline to ship Canadian shale oil to the Gulf coast for export , not a drop of Keystone oil was for the US Market.

Groveled to OPEC for bailouts.

• Just not based in facts at all.

750 Overseas Militaristic occupation bases and continues to build more to encircle China

• Meh , this is what the US have always done

Ran roughshod over Jan 6th by disgracefully politicizing and comparing that day to 9/11. Tearing the social fabric of the nation asunder in direct opposition to promises he would bring people together.

• Nonsense , the only group "Tearing the social fabric of the nation asunder" are Trump and his acolytes

Student loan forgiveness made colleges raise their tuition fees.

• Absolute nonsense . There is no connection between Government loans being written off and colleges raising fees. The colleges already GOT their money, that's what the Students were paying back to the Government!!

Fentanyl overdose deaths surged 279% since 2016. Cocaine and strippers in the White House.

• Fentanyl didn't really exist as a recreational before then so growth was always going to be seen. A corresponding drop in Heroin deaths has also been seen as drug preferences shift. The less said about the "coke and hookers" nonsense the better.

Fell asleep in front of Israeli PM. Attempting to imprison his political rival as they do in Iran and Pakistan.

• NO he is not "attempting to imprison his political rivals"

Plagiarized speeches, essays, and policy positions throughout his entire life. . .

During his failed 1988 presidential campaign, Biden plagiarized from speeches by British politician Neil KinnockRobert Kennedy, and President John F. Kennedy

Biden Plagiarized Large Chunks Of Legal Language Directly From A 1965 Fordham Law Review Article

• Is this supposed to be a thing after 40+ years ???

Gives passes to people for breaking his 1994 anti-crack bill that put masses of the black community behind bars.

• How did he "give passes" ? was he the Attorney General or something ? . I see a single pardon given to one person for a drug conviction listed in his Presidential pardons - Is that the "passes" that you mean??

Approval rating constantly in the negative and currently polling behind Donald Trump.

• Low Approval yes , polling behind Donald "The Rapist" Trump , No.

Biden extremely unfit, horribly corrupt, a sock puppet at best, and the worst grifter of political office seen in many a decade.

• Not even worthy of a response to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pretty much sums it up....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

His opposition may also be someone far more competent. In 2015 people were talking up Jeb (!) Bush and Scott Walker.

Competing on other's weaknesses rather than one's strengths can be a fatal flaw. Seems the Republicans are leaning towards picking their worst options. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do you have a clip and a time stamp for when this alleged incoherence occurred?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

74 million people dont wear hats and t-shirts or follow Trump around claiming that he has been sent by God so why do you tar anyone who doesnt think Trump is the devil incarnate as being in this cult ???

Trump is a bum but his presidency was nowhere near as bad as people make out.

There isn't a single person here that will tell you that Biden is "great".

We had a poster say yesterday that Biden was "one of the most successful US Presidents in most of our life times."🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

If a person is willing to vote for a rapist next year, yep I'd seriously be wondering what kind of person they are. That's ignoring all the other stuff he is facing charges for.

I don't.

But only one side has zealots that daub their cars and houses in banners and wear t-shirts with their "leader" on it in various mocked up scenarios and claim godly connections for him. Those people are in a cult , simple as that.

They are a minority of GOP voters , but a sizeable enough one that Elected officials are terrified of them and pander to their delusional nonsense - See McCarthy apparently agreeing to move ahead with impeachment of Biden despite the obvious damage it's going to do to multiple members of his caucus.

Equally all the other GOP voters pander to these loons by continuing to vote for and support a truly abhorrent individual - They may not be "all in" on the cult side of things , but by voting for him and loons like Marjorie Taylor Greene , Matt Gaetz etc. in the primaries they facilitate the continuation of the bullsh!t.

So , not all of them are in a cult , but if they aren't in a cult , they seem happy to be "cult adjacent" as long as they get what they want from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We had a poster say yesterday that Biden was "one of the most successful US Presidents in most of our life times."

Which POTUS created more jobs or arrested more illegals? Which had a higher stock market?

74 million people dont wear hats and t-shirts or follow Trump around claiming that he has been sent by God so why do you tar anyone who doesnt think Trump is the devil incarnate as being in this cult ???

Funny because this same cult, uses indications that Biden doesn't have any cult worshippers, shirt-wearers, hat-wearers, bumper-sticker barons, or fawning masses of rallygoers, as their evidence that the election was stollen TM. As you put it aptly:

Theres only one cult here.

Advertisement