Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

I didn't look at all the stations but Oak Park is at a mean of 19.1C after 10 days. Very high.

Old Kilkenny station had a mean of 18.9c for all August 1995. Unbelievable looking back. And would have been near 20c only for 4 or 5 cooler days at the end of the month.

But basically a month of conditions similar to last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Today was the perfect ambiance of the classic cool & muggy foggy conditions some love or some hate. In all honesty, I really prefer this to the really warm night on Friday, I felt like the heating was on in the house, it was very uncomfortable.

The thing I'll cherish from this summer was the epic monsoon I experienced in South Korea with it's explosive thunder and lightning 😅

In all seriousness though, this summer was probably a 5 or 6/10 for me, and now I'm ready for the autumn & colder weather, hopefully we get some vibrant colours this autumn, perfect for my photography!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Isn't it horrible how when the high pressure departs the Atlantic muck rolls right back in. No transition, no soft landing, nothing. But it's actually the same when the high pressure arrives. It started on a Saturday and was magical from the moment it came. But the previous day, Friday, was manky in Tralee. Just as today, the first day of normal service, was also poor. Just drizzly and depressing all day. Not cold though. I'm still wearing summer dresses and hoping to keep wearing them for another while, albeit with cardigans and light jackets. Nothing depresses me more than seeing people clad in boots, heavy jackets and dull colours in summer and autumn. I'll happily suffer being a little cold to wear my lighter clothes, it lifts my mood.

Last week was just so wonderful, nostalgic for it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

Mild humid and damp/drizzly here all day, so didn't venture out much this evening. Went out a while ago and the cool air is definitely here, first few breaths were like a stab to the lungs. Will miss the warmth of the last week or so, felt so Mediterranean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Chilly in Sligo tonight . Only 7c. Will prob dip to 4c

I see in Britain its 2c in Scotland but 20c in London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Stunning morning, sun rising above a misty Loch. A cold chill in the air. 6C.

Leitrim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

House is still warm after the build up of warmth from last week but that won't last long, the temperature will start dropping fast now. By the time I get back from my holidays on the 29th of September I'd imagine i'll be putting the heat on by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Autumn has arrived! Stunning day with a lovely crisp breeze but not freezing either - a perfect Autumn day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Northern Scotland is over 900km north of southern England, for context Dublin is about as far away as Southern France :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Bring the good weather back with you, just not the humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

A gorgeous day today. Blue skies, sunshine, cool, and low humidity. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Mild at best in Dublin this afternoon, the chilly wind not helping. Decent amounts of sun at my coastal location though, plenty more cloud not far inland. Nonetheless the house was a bit cool when I arrived so heatingb on the past 40 minutes. Just enough to take the sting out of the coolness.

So long to this year's limited spells of warmth and humidity, hope to catch up with you again next summer. Missing you already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lovely sunny day with a high of 18c. Not bad for nearly the middle of September

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clew Bay this evening

• Looks like we are heading for a significant amount of rainfall for Southern and Eastern areas in the firing line over the next few days. What can we expect from the middle of tomorrow until Saturday morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

More seasonal feeling now, tremendous fresh air out there today, enjoyed it so much and a proper sleep last night. High of 17.3C here near Tralee today and 13.6C now, got down to 8.6C, has the look and feel of getting lower tonight. Very low sun driving along the twisty backroads tonight, blinding, a few nervy moments!

Pic a few moments ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

2pm Friday, some differences across the south. Macroom 8c, Enniscorthy 18c. Around 110 miles or 180km as the bird flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Supposed to be going to a festival in Louth Saturday till Monday. Heavy rain forecast the whole weekend. How much rain does one country need ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

And people were complaining about the beautiful, warm, sunny few days we had last week. 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya it was too hot last week. Bring back the rain. 60mm in parts of South and East Thursday to Sunday. West and North more like 15 to 30mm.

Actually quite a flip in GFS. Yesterday a few storms and possible warm last week. Today constant unsettled shyt all the way out. Like Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

As usual looks like we will pay a big price for the lovely warm/hot weather last week. Punishment incoming 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I would take the usual mixed weather with showers for the weekend but it looks like full on heavy rain all weekend from what I can gather online. Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

4C. Another stunning Autumnal morning I Leitrim.

Poor quality camera phone pic.

Most and Sun rising above Loch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Very bright aurora borealis at Balbriggan last night followed by some sunrise colour between Portmarnock and Malahide ahead of rain later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Felt properly autumnal this morning walking the kids to school. First morning since last spring I needed to wear a warm coat, won't be long until the stove is lit!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Raining in Galway City already. Apps hadn't forecast it until 2pm. This is why I always say the weather can't be summed up with a symbol and a number!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Normal service has resumed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Why does normal service have to be such utter crap! 😫 While last week in Tralee was as good as it gets, today is every as bad as it gets. Every horrible variety of rain here from drizzle to downpour, add in some wind, low temps and a sleet grey sky and it really is shyte.😩 Nobody would expect last week's weather to last, especially in September, but please don't tell me we are returning to to the same awful crap we've almost exclusively had since 1st July!

Normal service in Ireland never used to be that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I have a jumper on, it's the first day in a long time that I am wearing one. A miserable cool and wet day .

Advertisement