Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone FTTH PPOE settings

Options
  • 08-01-2020 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭

With both eir and sky i have used my Unifi USG rather than the supplied modems, assume i can do the same with Vodafone, anyone know the settings?

resume vlan 10 but any special username and pw>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Cyrus wrote: »
    With both eir and sky i have used my Unifi USG rather than the supplied modems, assume i can do the same with Vodafone, anyone know the settings?

try
    vodafone@vodafone.ie
    vodafone

not 100% sure if they are right

PS. What have you use for sky? is it generic username and password or individual one?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

domeld wrote: »
    try
    vodafone@vodafone.ie
    vodafone

PS. What have you use for sky? is it generic username and password or individual one?

Generic

Anyone@skydsl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darren_147

Hi Guys,

Have Sky fibre 1000mb and just purchased Archer C9 modem. Would like to connect directly to ONT but cant get it to work

Could you advise the correct settings please?

darren_147 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Have Sky fibre 1000mb and just purchased Archer C9 modem. Would like to connect directly to ONT but cant get it to work

Just need to set vlan Id to 10

And use username from below and any password

Thanks Cyrus,

Have done this. It does not appear to be working. The modem makes me enter vlan for phone and iptv also.

• Advertisement

Thanks Cyrus,

Have done this. It does not appear to be working. The modem makes me enter vlan for phone and iptv also.

Sorry I was using a unifi usg and it was pretty straight forward , have you selected connection type as pppoe? That’s the only other thing

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

KyvpgQ1.png

This is the one you need to set, if its not on custom it wont give you the options.

Thanks Guys,

I ticked the box 802.1Q Tag and it worked.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HeaverNothing

Hi Guys,

I am hoping to get rid of my Sky Q hub also, The Archer C9 seems to only be a router, do you need a separate modem? I am reading conflicting information online that you do/not need a modem for a FTTH/FTTP. Can anyone clarify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I am hoping to get rid of my Sky Q hub also, The Archer C9 seems to only be a router, do you need a separate modem? I am reading conflicting information online that you do/not need a modem for a FTTH/FTTP. Can anyone clarify this?

A C9 should work standalone with FTTH. Tag as above and username provided. Not sure if pw is the serial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 HeaverNothing

ED E wrote: »
    A C9 should work standalone with FTTH. Tag as above and username provided. Not sure if pw is the serial.

Oh grand. Doing some research online the C9 seems to be EOL (would explain why its a little hard to find online). I think I will get the C80 in place of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Cyrus wrote: »

domeld wrote: »
    try
    vodafone@vodafone.ie
    vodafone

@cyrus can you or anyone confirm above works for using ubnt USG with Vodafone FTTH as looking to switch over from Eir to Voda. thx

viperlogic wrote: »
    @cyrus can you or anyone confirm above works for using ubnt USG with Vodafone FTTH as looking to switch over from Eir to Voda. thx

sorry i missed this

yes it works (im using a udm pro now but usg works)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭grimeire

Can Anyone confirm what the current settings for vodafone FFTH(openeir not SIRO) are.

I have a virtual pfsense firewall and getting different answers in different threads on boards some say username is vodafone@vodafone.ie, other says router Serial Number, others saying you need to contact vodafone to get it. All threads/posts are saying different passwords also.

I am trying to minimise downtime as much as possible so if any one could confirm current setting I would appreciate it or is it a case the settings could be different for everyone? e.g Some have vodafone@vodafone.ie, others have outer Serial Number and its just test and hope you get it right?

So all you needed was vlan 10, username and password and that was it.

No luck for me but i can see the some PPPOE traffic on the interface. i am not sure how to correctly set up the interface in pfsense so will ask on their forums.

Post edited by grimeire on

Sorry not familiar with pfsense hope you get it going

I think the serial number stuff was pre open Eir to be honest on the fttc connections

I contacted vodafone today. Took three attempts before I got a tech support person even able to understand what i wanted. They just sent me the username - serialnumber@fieftth.ie and password - broadband text. Couldnt even tell me if vlan was needed or if serial needed to be in up case or lower case or even if it matter.

Numerous more tests with pfsense failed so i tested with my macbook using a pppoe connection and that failed also. I cant set vlan on macbook so that could be the issue.

Anyone know any apps that allow me to configure pppoe using vlan tags on macbook so i can see can i get it working with pfsense out of the equation in case it a rule or a config within that thats causing the issue.

Also do you know if you also get a private gateway address like i can see in the gigabox router.

I finally got it working.

The issue seems to be the Broadcom NIC i was using.

I used my DR server with a dedicated intel NIC as my current server has no free PCI slots and the intel PCI card is an x4 card where as the broadcom is an x1 card in current server and bang straight away the connection worked.

it seems the username and password do not matter all that matters is vlan is set to 10.

Here are some shots of my working config incase it helps someone else.

**first create vlan on wan interface with vlan tag 10**

**Configure Wan Interface**

Set wan interface to vlan interface and set PPPOE and enter random username and password of if you want you can use router_SN@vfieftth.ie and broadband but it made no difference to me other than getting allocated to a different public IP segment.

**inteface page should look soemthing like this**

**gateway setting.**

This will what most have as default anyway but i had static setting here from a previous setup so just make sure yours is the same.

**gateway dashboard**

**status page showing IP**

you can see the public IP of 109.79.9.169

• Advertisement

great stuff, yes i think you are right, once the VLAN is tagged you can put anything in and itll prob work.

Advertisement