Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've been doing that for years,( long wasted) at the end of the season I buy quite a few white/light colours and over the winter I dye them into feminine colours or to match whatever else I would wear them with.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A sign of a bad manager who won't deal with the issue but pisses off the ones who aren't causing it.

Worked on a team with a malingerer, some years ago. Last in first out daily, with as little as possible done in the few hours she was there. Edicts were issued at staff meetings about timekeeping while the rest of us sat there, knowing they were aimed at her.

Totally lost all respect for that manager as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Every time you listen to a GAA player or manager being interviewed they use the same stock phrases at the start of each sentence...

"Look" or "Lookit"

"Listen"

"I suppose"

"Ah Shure"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Local postman. Sour useless lazy bastard who got the job through his dad and couldn't drive a 6 inch nail through butter. Overrevving the post van on low gear all of the time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your making small talk with somebody and you relies you've told them the same story before.

Also, when they do it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you post an appropriate joke on an inappropriate what's app channel. 😒

When you are in good humour and want to do something exciting and meaningful in your life, but you remember you have to go back to work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And also when they do it to you but they slightly vary the details, so you don't know whether they've forgotten things or whether they were making it all up all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Leo Varadker proudly announcing that no over 75 year old will be left on a hospital trolly for more than 24 hours

Does he seriousely think that anyone will cheer for this ? Its totally unacceptable to have anyone on a trolly for 24 hours let alone over 75’s

But he announced it as if it was something to be proud of

• Advertisement

Kicking the bucket while waiting will also reduce the queues and the overcrowding. It's another way of dealing with the problem.

FFS. 🤬😡😠

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I’m fairly nifty at sewing and add concealed pockets to the side seams of dresses and skirts. But the small size of fitted pockets annoys me. Do designers think women are always happy to carry a bag. My phone is usually my only accessory and I like to carry it in a pocket.

I don’t use the pockets in more expensive tailored garments as it ruins the shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Even more annoying are the stupid fake pockets that so many manufacturers put on our clothes. JUST GIVE US REAL MOTHERFCUKING POCKETS IN OUR CLOTHES, PEOPLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I personally know of a 73 year old man sitting in A and E on a chair since 11 am yesterday morning . Any Taoiseach or Minister should be shocked , upset and mortified at that fact

Ah, but he's under 75. Be grand...

(where's the Krakatoa emoticon?)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Alan Cawley's voice. His commentary and punditry renders the coverage unwatchable at times. Horrible to listen to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Had a crap day. Left work almost 2 hours late after a scheduled maintenance went awry. To cap it all, the wonderful book I'm reading has been butchered in the Kindle version. I've managed ton find a PDF online by googling it but some of the translation process has rendered portions of it nonsensical. I'm reminded of the apparent mass land transfers from tenants to landlords in early twentieth century Ireland.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 25,289 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Leo Varadkar

Leo Varadkars constituents…. It’s not rocket science….If he doesn’t get the votes he doesn’t get back in !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

UK tv calling some breed of dog a "Bully XL", it sounds like a spreadsheet.

People saying they are "humbled" on social media.

#### off.

If you are humble you would not be selling yourself on social media.

😁😁😁

• Advertisement

Leo Varadkar does not live in the real world.

He must be getting worried about wait times now at A&E, because private health care does not do A&E after business hours and his relatives are getting older.

The government does A&E ...

Arsing around & Excuses

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Have you tried Long Tall Sally ? I'm not overly tall at 5 foot 9 but I hate womens tops that sit short on me so I've shopped at LTS for years. I think their stuff is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Have been sending out invites for a work event to customers, and just noticed that the invite has a spelling mistake. Instead of stating "we hope you can join us" it says "we hope you can join isis"

Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Ryle Nugent's commentary used to grate also - Tommmyy Boooowwwweeee 

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My incessant need to check I’ve done today’s wordle. Worse if I don’t I forget and have an 8 🥵🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

That fruitcake who narrates the Harvey Norman commercials.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It will have worked a charm if a load of people turn up with bombs strapped to themselves. 🤣

My TA is that I've so much to do I can't be bothered to start. It won't end well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

The knee jerk overly reactive pussies of Ireland have won.

Bring in completely ott laws and then hide behind the moralising curtain of “safety”

Quite clever by the pussies this time tbf

Doesn’t matter that we actually have some of the safest roads in Europe (and by extension, the world), and it doesn’t matter that speed wasn’t mentioned as a factor in any one of the recent accidents they’re knee jerk reacting to. So now everyone has to take much longer getting everywhere.

50km/h default on national roads ffs. They’ll be excitedly telling us about the mandatory fist shaped ass plugs that will have to be installed into every driver’s seat next, for “stability” and “safety”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement