Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Dazler97

No way that's amazing that must be only 1 of a few times Dublin has seen the northern lights

Rain warning ⚠️ has been issued for the south tomorrow into Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The 24 hour long warning further expanded NE to Dublin too. Must be pretty good consensus on a particularly miserable Thursday into Friday.

Wexford excluded however.

Oh wow Dublin has been included , we'll all get rain but the worst be in the warning ⚠️, it's also to get milder tonight ,kerry up to 17c now

To anyone wishing for an end to last week's 'muck' etc, be careful what you wish for!!

The forecast is very poor rainfall wise. The extremes this year are something else. We couldn't get 3-4 weeks of 17-20c days, 7c nights with the odd day's rain. No we got the blowtorch for 8 or 9 days. Preceded by the very wet July\August season, preceded by the May/June drought. Now we're entering another sort of monsoon season.

Climate Change is starting to feel very real for me, nationally and internationally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Jaysus it's freezing, can't get the heat into me at all today, might have to give in and get the jumpers down from storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭alentejo

Ffs have been planning going to Tipp, Kilkenny and Waterford this Friday /;Saturday and looks like I will be drowned. Planned months ago. Awful forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I just wanted an end to the humidity, not the settled weather. You are right though anytime we get settled conditions, particularly of late, there seems to be a big payback for it. I hope we are not facing into months of wet weather now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Offaly, Wexford, Wicklow, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

From Thursday evening to Friday evening, persistent and sometimes heavy rain may lead to localised flooding, poor visibility and difficult travelling conditions. 

Valid: 18:00 Thursday 14/09/2023 to 18:00 Friday 15/09/2023

Issued: 21:17 Wednesday 13/09/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Orange - Rain warning for Cork

Met Éireann Weather Warning

From Thursday evening to Friday evening, persistent and heavy rain will lead to localised flooding, poor visibility and very difficult travelling conditions.

Valid: 18:00 Thursday 14/09/2023 to 18:00 Friday 15/09/2023

Issued: 21:17 Wednesday 13/09/2023

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Status Orange for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just got a text from the CC about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

😓😓😓😓😓

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Cork City Council have finally upped their game with alerts. If only that were in place in 2009, eh?

Syran made it into the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Nice^

Felt properly autumnal this evening, very blustery at one point.

It was sweaty alright. Oppressive for a lot of people. Though personally I'd pay the price over what we have coming.

It's just the middle ground, we'd all be very happy with autumnal 16-19c and 5-8c nights or thereabouts.

Yes I hope this spell of wet weather isn't another 2 month one. Small blessings I suppose that we're not dealing with the Libyan situation.

Great pic.

The night sky hasn't been lit up as much in Balbriggan since the sack of the town by the Tans and Auxies in September 1920.

I think I can see the northern lights in the very far horizon I'm not too sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Topped the wet grass 😀🙈🤣

Warm, bright and cloudy at the same time.

18⁰ Meath

Waterford has been added into the orange warning ⚠️

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Quite nice in Dublin today, beautiful in the park for a run, the calm before the storm. I wish we could just have a couple of weeks of this at least before winter kicks in, sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have to say its been a grand day so far in Kildare too, but was expected as rain later on. 18c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Not great in Tralee but not terrible either. Nice, dry and autumnal for most of the morning, but its been drizzly for most of the afternoon. I have put all my patio flowers inside in the conservatory ahead of this deluge that's forecast. They had revived so incredibly in last week's good weather but are getting fragile now especially after the terrible summer, so I really want to protect them to preserve them a little longer. I have a very sheltered patio and normally have flowers blooming up to Haloween. That could be a challenge this year but don't want to lose them just yet. It's just lovely to look out at the colour on our many grey days, and an absolute delight to see how they thrive in good weather.

Few funnel clouds spotted in clare this afternoon, I seen this on twitter ,I think that brings our total up to 12 this year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Got out walking for a bit down the Liffey before the rain came. Very nice out, might be a while before a similar day returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

8.2mm in Cork so far. Only another 50mm then.

Also not included in this is Thundery rain Sunday and Storm Lee (aptly) hits Cork next Wednesday. 150mm by the end of next week possible there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Thanks Paul, appreciate the maths 😪

Thank christ i'm getting out of the country for a holiday end of the month.

Advertisement