Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sudzy25

Hi, Does anybody know what OOM they are at for internal comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CMC96

They absolutely can. I referred to my studies/Master's thesis and work experience from a few year's back as examples of some competencies, because the interviewers asked me specifically about them.

Hope that helps 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jessshel

Yes I have board 4 also. That would be great 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭vatsie76

Thanks 🙏 just realised I missed on writing about my past work experience in the application (which was 15 years back ) though I would have loved to state some examples from that 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

As of today, OOM 288 has been reached for the Open competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

They'll put you into the next batch. The way they are going with this competition you won't be waiting too much longer.

Can I ask if the civil service renewal plan was brought up at all?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭skidmarkoner

That's fast I wonder if they are going do loads of interviews and then people will be waiting ages to be placed 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CMC96

Ok great I have been reading through it but didn’t want to spend to much time on it instead of preparing my competencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Does anyone know what the timeline / process looks like from here post interview?

Do you find out if you passed / failed, or do you just wait on a job offer?

And in terms of expectations, presuming I do qualify, when should I expect a job offer?

If it's like the CO comp you get an email saying whether you passed or failed about a week after interview.

Then you just wait for them to reach your number on the list basically, no guarantee even if you pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kelseyf

Hi, Does anybody know what OOM they are at for internal comp? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 D3BAS3R13

If you are currently a CO and you get the promotion does your years of service transfer over/ would you start on the pay scale point you’re currently on? If that makes any sense…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You start on the next pay level above what wage you are on now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

I got an interview date before while I was away and the rescheduled it to 3 days earlier. I had a little longer to wait to get results but they were very accomadating

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Christmaschris

I know it's a 40% pass mark for the interview in the open stream, does anyone know what it is for the interdepartmental stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LooeyWalsh

Question, what did that essay we did count towards? I was under the impression we would be interviewed on it. We weren't graded on it so what is its purpose?

It will be added to your overall interview score. My hunch is that because it was on leadership skills (which most people fail the interview on), that they're using it to get people over the line as they're stuck for executive officers. That's only a hunch though, I haven't heard this from anyone.

How do you prepare for this interview? I'm interested in what techniques others use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 tira11opm

Just wondering if anyone knows how many people they call for interview at a time and how often? They’ve been at 288 it seems since Tuesday and hasn’t moved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rache611

Hello Ive come to vent 😂 I absolutely bottled that interview. I went completely blank approx half way through, they seemed really tight for time and kept rushing and interrupting my answers, it completely put me off. I also really struggled with the video format instead of in person interview, was just so difficult to get in the zone and focus. I'm feeling so deflated I was really confident going into the interview. There was nothing terribly shocking about their questions but I struggled with the way some of the questions were phrased.

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and on the autism spectrum, and I almost mentioned it in the interview because I think that was the problem - I was interpreting the question too literally, and she would interrupt my answer. That really threw me off focus. I think it's too late to mention that now I just wasn't expecting to have such an issue - ive previously had in person interviews for civil service and I was really happy with them, but that today.. I don't even know I'm feeling awful about it.

😔

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You've probably done fine, they do rush you and interrupt you - its normal. They are on time constraints for interviews so won't let you blather on and move to the next question

Worst case scenario its a training exercise til the next one next year

They pull groups at a time so it will sit at 288 and then likely jump up into the 400s then sit there for a while.

Waiting for interview results is the worst 😭😂

Had my interview today. Didn't get asked anything too mad and the interviewers were lovely. Did get asked about the civil service values, so if you're preparing for your interview, look those up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

I think we know that 1-288 are being interviewed in the first batch, just out of interest, of the people who have been interviewed so far, how close are we to 288? I was in the 40s and interviewed Tuesday

Advertisement