Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck season

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

On another note, the NPWS are also making a sneaky move to prevent hunting on our bogs. Signs are being erected on many bogs here in the Midlands. Turning them into tourist attractions, and amenity areas fir dog walkers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"trust the science" is obviously as fluid as genders these days depending on your outlook on a particular topic.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭BSA International

Hopefully he'll not be in power much longer! FFG need to pay a price in next election for facilitating this clown to further his personal vendettas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

What's the preferred alternative so Sinn Fein / Green Alliance, Sinn Fein / Labour Alliance or just Sinn Fein?

• Advertisement

Looking like SF & FF.

As long as FG go I'll be happy! FF going would be a bonus. Greens, opefully they'll be rubbed out again.

Anyone bar the greens. They won't stop, till they take away all forms of country sports. As for Sinn Fein. Well I'd rather risk giving them a go at the steering wheel, than another round of the usual suspects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

According to a local SF councillor, one of their aims is to reduce or eliminate country sports and, ironically, gun ownership.

Lynn Boylan and Eoin O Broin are very strong on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

Remember though,

It was a Fianna Fail junior minister that brought in the FEC and all that went with it.

There has been lots said over the last number of years, true, but they recently voted against a ban on hunting with dogs in Northern Ireland, and are getting a lot of stick for doing so.

If they strongly appose hunting, they had the perfect opportunity to show it with this bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

I said I'd come to the people who'd know. Apologies for the off topic, question. Boots?

I'm doing about 14,000 to 20,000 steps a day. Mostly on bad roads. But, I do go through forest and mucky land from time to time. What's the best boots around do you reckon?

I love my Redbacks but I'm thinking there's something better out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Be under no illusion, SF are as bad and I for one am sick of the BS from their so called supporters telling me they support it. SF are anti hunting/shooting and other rural pursuits. They are card carrying antis all you have to do is check out the Ban blood sports webpage:

"A list of some of the Sinn Féin politicians who have indicated that they are opposed to bloodsports."

Question is, in this day and age, are there any parties that are pro hunting? Are we doomed no matter who we vote in?

They will vote with whomever keeps them in. They will implement the policies of the party that keeps them in.

In Dublin 4 they will be anti hunting, in rural Ireland they will be all for the countryside and for you to hunt shoot and fish. Only vote for candidates who will support you and stop voting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 cut it off .......Noonan got in on the 10th Count in Kilkenny so he barely got in on transfers. If everyone involved in shooting, hunting and fishing and 2 family members were to pick the one or two candidates and only voted 1.2.3 STOP...you will see real change in this country.

That is a very good point. We actually have a government at the moment, that no one really wanted.

Last vote I gave 1 & 2 only. Been doing it for years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

When the time comes we should do up a list by constituency of the top 3or4 that will support us in writing and as public as we can, and give them grades dependent on their support and circulate this here and everywhere

(a bit like the FEC questionaire, where the different orgs suggested answers to the poll)

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dto001

Lads in my honest opinion we have to start now message your local councillors and ask them what they themselves and their party think of the recent attacks on rural pursuits. And what they will do for it if they get into office!!

tell them as far as you are concerned a non response is classed as against for both them and their party.

if one club from each constituency does it then put it on FB or one of the groups will go with it, it should gain traction!!!

Read this for a start

• Advertisement
Advertisement