Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Grand Slam looking like a, how did Punk put it? "A buy one get one free extravaganza."

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So going by that image MJF is facing Saraya?

For Eddie/Claudio, is it title vs title?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PWInsider saying Edge has been taken off the internal WWE roster and there’s a belief he’s AEW bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would he have a new stage name or just be Adam Copeland?

Since others go by the names they used before WWE, looking it up, he was Sexton Hardcastle.

Though at least Christian kept his first name in WWE so adding the Cage back on was simple.

But I'd say he would use Adam Copeland since he has the acting as well now, so why confuse people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He was also Christian Cage in TNA back in 2005-2008

Yep. Where I remember making the double C with the hands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

So according to Wrestlenomics, the actual attendance for All In was 72,265.

AEW's number was 81,035 for PAID attendance.

Based on this AEW will have sold the most tickets for a wrestling show but would not have the actual highest attendance.

Booo, they’ve updated it now…

”“Copeland is no longer listed internally on either the Raw or Smackdown roster. 

Instead, we are told is now listed in what was described as a "miscellaneous" talent list for personalities signed but not working actively on either TV series. Others included on that list currently would be Steve Austin, Big E, Undertaker, Titus O'Neill and Braun Strowman, among others, all talents who are connected to the company, but not actively performing or are injured.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Must say when Roderick Strong was signed to AEW I had never seen him before so didn't see the big deal in him being honest and was underwhelmed by him at first but I have done a complete 360 on him and am all in on him ending MJFs reign and becoming the new AEW World Champion!

He's been really excellent the past few months and his theme 'The End Of Heartache' gets me really pumped up!Killswitch Engage really can't do wrong when it comes to wrestling themes!

Cracks me up when The Kingdom remove the neck brace before his matches and put it back on after the match.

I know it's silly but it really cracks me up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ricky Starks ….You broke my pearl necklace lol

Good Slobber knocker between Mox and Big Bill.

Renee looking good tonight.

Roddy is just killing it.

Don’s forehead scar really makes him look like a Bond Villain.

Don and Takeshita going after Kota.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Steiner maths from MJF :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gotta love some of these from AEW

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cargill vs Rhea or Bianca could be very interesting

Jade will do well in WWE cause she’s got a load of charisma and the expectations for bangers will be lower.

In a way tho, this surprises me more than Cody. With Cody, he and that past with WWE where his defection made you go “yeah, that makes sense.”

Jade is very much an AEW-made star. And she’s got the looks and promo to jump ship to the top of their card instantly.

Wonder if they’ll go a similar streak route with her, to get her over.

Exactly what makes this interesting for me too. Cody had the WWE history and experience.

This is a homegrown AEW star, especially interesting given her relative little experience. The performance centre could be a boost to her.

If she goes to WWE and is made a big deal of you'd wonder if some other AEW stars may think twice around contract renewal time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Probably a good move for Jade as her ring work is not really up to par and in WWE her charisma will be valued more

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lots of contracts up for renewal in both companies over the coming year and cuts also expected from WWE.

Reports today that Grizzled Young Veterans are now free agents.

I really want Joe to beat MJF by going after his neck.

MJF is happy for his best friend Cole to get the rematch against Joe since he is injured with his neck and could not get his rematch.

Cole then beats Joe

Then MJF expects to get a match against Cole for the championship when he is fit because he gave his best friend Adam a championship match.

Then Cole refuses and goes full heel on MJF.

Listening to the Mat Men pod tonight and Andrew Zarian said he is very confident MAX will be the new home of AEW and they will run 12 PPV’s a year.

He also mentioned Vince was against the WWE giving away the PPV’s on the Network at a streaming price and the company has regretted that decision ever since.

If that is Jade’s last AEW match it can be argued, it’s actually her best match in her time in AEW.

Also doing business putting over Statlander for the second time is the right way to do it.

Punk on commentary tonight for Cage Fury say he has time on his hands for the next two months.

I guess then he is a free agent.

I'm guessing a fan behind McGuinness filmed Punk blading at All In.

I can't take Silver seriously as a heel.

Punk being out seems to have affected Collision a lot. It's like there's less pre planning involved. Like there were 2 matches for Collision made on Rampage.

They really need to cut down on everyone from big groups being at ringside for matches. That opening match looked more like a lumberjack match with so many at ringside.

What was Max's last line in his rap. Audio wasn't great when I was watching. Music seemed too loud.

That did feel like Jade's last match from the way she hugged Kris and all. Will they give her tv time or will we just get Mark saying he had to drop her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

While i agree it was her best match she still has a lot to learn, like something small after the pin and when Statlender was getting her hands raised she basically popped up and hugged her, no selling from the tombstone she just received, she should be grabbing her neck, look like she is in agony while raising Statlanders hand.

As I said a bit of nitpicking but adds that bit of realism to it.

Advertisement