Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Also ir begs the question if they are so advanced, why do their ships keep crashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,972 ✭✭✭✭briany

They probably don't, but even a Yaris breaks down once in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

During that time in history, disease was rampant due to a lack of understanding of basic hygiene and sanitation. This, combined with a lack of medical care, led to large-scale mortality across Europe and Asia. There was a depopulation going on for centuries in most of medieval Europe. If a UFO crashed in a remote location in medieval Europe, nobody might have found it. The location was miles away, people rode horses to get there or walked.

What exactly would they use to move this UFO, do you think? If the UFO is an advanced spacecraft, it's probably going to weigh more than the metal. It would seem logical that the craft would contain components and other stuff and not be hollow; we don't know the actual weight of a UFO anyway. Hard to speculate a UFO be same weight as large-ton stone. UFOs may have a difficult to move curvature.

Until the late 1500s, North America was untouched by Europeans on a grand scale and most of it was covered with forests. In the event that a crash occurred there, forget about it.

I wouldn't dismiss folklore and myths readily because people claim today that UFO sightings are imaginations.

It is interesting to consider that some of the myths and stories may have been based on actual events. There is a possibility that some of the accounts of unidentified flying objects may have been sightings of ancient aircraft. It's worth exploring the possibility.

I understand your point since you talk about Bob Lazar, He claims he was given a small briefing on one of the craft and says in the document it was found during an archaeological dig somewhere in the world. If you believe he is truthful, then he is saying one of the craft recovered crashed a long time ago. Where and how it happened? Don't even ask not my story. Just addressing the point that you made that all UFOs supposedly crashed during the 1940s and after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

None of this is based on any evidence, it's just something people are making up due to lack of non fuzzy photo modern day evidence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We've been able to create relatively reliable written history for a few thousand years such that we have a pretty good idea of what people were up to and any strange natural goings on. Why were they not more specific about writing down about people flying down from the sky in ships without sails, but instead wrote those accounts as cryptic messages hidden in children's fairy tails?

Also, seeing as your religious (6 thousand year history of humans on the earth? ), how does aliens fit in with that? Did god just forget to mention in the bible about aliens and visitors from other solar systems? If they have been visiting since we were drawing on cave walls (not sure how long ago that was on your 6 thousand year old earth) and ever since then surely someone from before the 1940s would have thought to write a non cryptic account of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Do you dismiss thousands of years of ghost stories, sightings, eye witnesses, spirit mediums, all the way to modern times with ghost hunters, paranormal detectives, documentaries?

Yes, in a blink. Human beings have a tremendous capacity to make up BS.

The Bible and other religious texts often describe angels and demons as entities from a heavenly realm. Whether or not this is true is up for debate, and there is no scientific evidence to support it. However, if there are genuine UFO sightings with non-human beings flying around, what is the difference between an angel from heaven and a nonhuman from somewhere else?

Without the modern concept of aircraft or space flight, ancient people would not have had the necessary language to accurately describe a craft in the sky. If they see a round object in the sky, they probably describe it as a wheel or something similar. Expecting descriptions like today is very unrealistic.

I don't believe the earth is six thousand years old, I'm talking about the first known civilization in Mesopotamia. It is likely that the discovery at Gobeti Tepe will push civilization even further back. During that time, most people lived as hunters and gatherers, not in large, built-up areas. We have the flood stories that civilizations existed before then there was a reboot. The Earth is billions of years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Okay so the proof of aliens historically is primarily fairy tales? None of the historians throughout history talking about space gods?

It would be stunning if such an event actually occurred.  From an Irish paper. Apparently, the US government wants to come clean about this and has been planning to set up a board of nine to do so.

Any discovered UFO technology will be revealed to the public through a ‘Controlled Disclosure Campaign’ plan, according to proposed legislation which is set to go before President Biden towards the end of the year.

The sensational language is included in America’s 2024 Defence Authorisation Act, which was amended without objection to include the incredible revelation.

This proposed legislation is to create an independent, nine-member Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Review Board, appointed by the President and confirmed by the US Senate.

The proposal also contains a provision allowing the government to exercise eminent domain, or ownership, over any "recovered technologies of unknown origin" and "biological evidence of non-human intelligence" currently under private control.

This is in reference to a number of aerospace contractors who are believed to have stashed away non-human technologies, hidden within special access programmes.

The ‘Controlled Disclosure Campaign’ plan is cited to take place over a period many years, no later than 25 years after the creation of each individual record.

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/world-news/ufo-technology-to-be-revealed-in-controlled-disclosure-campaign-us-legislation-says/a1741301484.html

So the any day now usual suspects have given themselves another 25 years of any day now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Saying that they have a plan for how to release sensitive information about UFOs isn't the same as them saying that they have sensitive UFO information.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

I read the article you linked to, and I'd like those twenty seconds back.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Take it up with God. Nothing i can do for you I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm not usually one for these theories but I saw a weird plane today. I say "plane" because tbh it was probably just a plane but said I'd waste a few bytes by posting about it.

1. It seemed to be going faster than usual planes. Almost seemed like a satellite.
    2. Flight radar didn't have anything on that exact area of the sky. There was one (a 737) going Dublin to France nearby, which is probably what it actually was, but...
    3. The reason I saw it was because it was flickering. Did you ever see a satellite at night as it spins and catches the sun and goes bright then dark? It was like that. This plane was flying along and was going from shiny metal to dark to shiny metal to dark, as if it was spinning (or passing a consistent stream of clouds that were casting a shadow on it, which is my best guess here).
    4. I've seen a million planes and this one made me stand up and try video it. I couldn't make out any wings which means it was either very high up (too high for the Dublin to France plane) or else it was small, which could be why it seemed to be going really fast and there was no noise.

Strange one for me. A lot of planes go over my house and this one just seemed a bit weird.

And just to give my 2 cents to this thread in general, I'm not really a believer in aliens. I'd be more inclined to believe that the trillions invested in military has just meant they have better technology so if this wasn't a plain old plain, then maybe it was a military plane. Like you can see in old VHS videos of UFOs from the 90s that it was all just drones, but people thought it was spacemen coz they never saw a drone before, until they were released commercially years later. My opinion is that in a decade or two, we'll be buying these crafts for our kids for xmas! ;)

There is no evidence for the existence of such a being.

TLDR NASA press conference on UAPs today:

No evidence of aliens

They didn't speak much about the Congress testimony but when pressed on Grusch:

“Just the facts. Show me the evidence”

When asked about the hilariously fake "alien" from Mexico

Answer was "Make samples available to the world scientific community and we'll see what's there."

So to summarise the last 70 years of this

Verifiable evidence to date of "aliens", "alien bodies" or "alien spaceships": None

Verifiable evidence of conspiracy to hide existence of "aliens", "alien bodies" or "alien spaceships": None

Wow, one more level and George Soros is involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hes been investing in interstellar travel for years 😀

You're right. There was no cake, and then there was cake, and the Fibonacci sequence was created through random chaos and can be found everywhere from our bodies to plants and trees. Also, evolution just happens on its own. We are superior beings and there is no God. It would be pretty embarrassing if this second coming of Jesus showed up and it turned out it was all about science, you know, the thing that explains everything in this Universe. I wonder who wrote this science. Tips hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

"I wonder who wrote this science" suggests that you think that "science" is a big book with all the rules that govern our natural world in it, that came from...somewhere? Rather than being an iterative process of understanding. Which, given the lack of understanding displayed in the rest of your post, seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If God can just exist.. then well... cake is probably easier...

The Fibonnaci sequence is very interesting and merits further examination. By scientists.

That's precisely what it is. God's law are instincts, instincts govern the natural world. The better the biology/stock, the better the connection to God's will. Look at nature. It operates perfectly according to these laws.

God's will is time, a science controlled by God which is in effect evolution. Look, maybe one day all these ufos will be down to say hello and share what they know about the Universe with us, and they'll point to the proof you demand in order to believe there is sentient life behind all this design. Maybe one day you'll chuckle when you find out the guy posting this post, was the guy they all showed up here to help and say hello to.

The sheer arrogance you are displaying here is deeply disturbing. I'll let time take its course, I've learned not to engage with those who aren't interested in winning, they're only interested in being right. Arrogance and ignorance is dangerous. I'll just repeat what I said, you're right.

There have been over 2,400 different deities created by humans. No verifiable evidence any of them are actually real.

If you want to believe in one (or more) of them, that's fine, billions do, but that's personal belief/faith.

Likewise with aliens, as much as I want to believe we are being visited by aliens, there's no definitive evidence for it.

As for science, it's not a belief, it's a method. For example some people e.g. believe the world is flat, but they can conduct pretty straightforward methods, measurements and experiments that demonstrate it isn't. Method.

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The only person claiming they are "right" here, is you.

Correct. Science explains everything in this Universe. God included. If you think God has anything to do with the horseshit that we call the bible, negative. God is universal like science.

Read above. Stand by. You know, it's just amazing to me that there can be so many people that think this life was born out of nothing and there's nothing behind it. It's like looking at the computer in front of me and thinking. There's no architect or design behind this computer, one day there was nothing and today I'm typing out a post on boards.ie. I don't subscribe to religion and never did.

My hunch is we've been hoodwinked by ETs with religion and it's a big steaming pile of BS. I'm also confident we're going to find out what's been going on and why nobody has said hello. I'll make another prediction, it's tied to this and Ike thought he was a telepath because he was spoken to via Voice to Skull deployed through mind control technology.

You can take it or leave it, but at least try and keep and open mind instead of being so dismissive. Every premonition recorded on planet earth is connected to this. There's a lot more I could go in to. I'm 100% confident we're going to find out the truth about ETs/UFOs and religion, along with the true science of the Universe. Unfortunately we have a bunch of spineless cowards in power, and they are all desperate to cover up their dirty laundry. Why all the secrecy around UFOs, it's almost always because someone has something to hide.

When I say power, it's not politics. It's military/Intelligence and to a far lesser extent police. They control the keys to this technology. And if you want more evidence of it, look up mind control technology. Some sick puppies are in control of this technology and they all think they are a law unto their own. They are wrong.

Look at this poor sod, there are countless victims of this technology and they all sit in prison, completely innocent victims. These are the same people covering up UFO activity. Hello CIA and Area 51, how are we doing this morning!? 😎

I could post scores of such examples, that to the naked eye make people seem crazy/stupid. Negative, serial killing sick puppies. Many of these conspiracies are all connected to these technologies. Madness, and the problem with this technology is that everyone projects their psychology. Sick puppies are in control of it. I'm looking forward to seeing their worlds burn for all the harm and suffering they've inflicted through it. Thankfully none of them can stop time, that's under God's control.

• Advertisement

So because science is complicated and the concept of a deity creating the world is daft, you are assigning life on earth as being due to aliens?

That's fine, and life here having been seeded from other worlds is a valid theory. Still doesn't explain where those aliens materialised from though.

Advertisement