Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone using the Arken EP5 for hunting?

Options
  • 14-09-2023 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I can get a brand new Arken EP5 FFP for half the price they are for sale here. Is anyone using them, I had a look at one in a shop the other day and it looked great. Whats the eye box like? its a 5 - 25x56.

Post edited by otmmyboy2 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

One thing about the FFP scopes is at low magnification the reticle is really hard to see, might not be the best hunting scope because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭BSA International

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Exp271

I was looking through one today and on the lowest zoom it seemed fine. You're right it was a bit small but with the Illuminated reticle it was more than adequate. Almost anything after 8x (the lowest is 5x) was perfectly legible.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

I used one all of last season for deer. great scope for the money,tracked perfect and held up to a hard season of use in all weather. glass was clear and took in good light at dawn/dusk. I liked the floating dot reticle.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Exp271

Did you find the 5x zoom to be too high a zoom for the lowest setting? Most deer I shoot are over 100 yards with maybe only 1 or 2 inside 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

No, Iv always hunted with 5-25s . x5 mag is still low enough for close shots and lowlight when you have a decent size tube and objective lens

Advertisement