Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2023/2024

• 13-09-2023 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey just wondering has anyone accepted any college placement for January 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hapooties

Hi Shinebright33, yes I have accepted Tallaght. Have you been offered a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shinebright33

Yea am for tullamore

Anyone get offered tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 5 st94DUBss

I got Tallaght!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 st94DUBss

Im Tallaght too for January. I'll private message you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 user1233

I just got ballinasloe has anyone else got there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 N.murphy

Hiya I got tallaght too !

Hey does anyone know anything about the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Amage

There’s a more active thread called Student Paramedic 2023 further down the board and one of the posters there gave more detail on the medical. There’s also a few of us that are starting in all the colleges in Jan have posted too

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hapooties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jasperbrco

I just have done interviews and am on panel now 120 is my spot and it's active.

Little confused anyone know any rough timeline or when I can expect a reply will be starting in the next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carrigan2021

@jasperbrco is this the supplementary student paramedic panel where the results were out yesterday that you got that placement number on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jasperbrco

@Carrigan2021 Hi sorry only just saw this!

Yes I was given a panel number after interview and it says panel is active just waiting on expression of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭taratee

Morning all, when does the next application cycle commence? Also, are there any age restrictions in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kayeff

Is anyone else still waiting on a contract for Tullamore for January 2024?

In addition to the above, are there one or two application cycles per year? Also, is the link below the best place to check if they are accepting applications? Also, if you have an NUI degree in another area, will that have any impact on your application/course fees?

https://careersportal.ie/news/student-paramedic-recruitment-with-the-national-ambulance-service

Post edited by taratee on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aislingxk02

Hey,

Does anybody beginning in Tallaght know more about the induction week in Tullamore commencing on the 2nd January?

Will accommodation be provided for the week or are we expected to commute each morning does anybody know.

I have been struggling to get any more information on it especially since it is in such a short time.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chemicals404

Hi all

Anyone know when the next application date is and what is needed .(full c1 or learners, start date if successful from time of application)

Woulf appreciate any help understanding the application and any thing else related

Thanks

Contacted them re: the next application cycle and no date was set as of December 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kit098

@Hapooties Mind me asking how long you were waiting for your offer in Tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 chemicals404

Thanks for update

Any update

Has anyone a clue what is needed for the application process when it does open . (Refrence leters and from whom , Full c1 or learners , etc )

Can you have the learners on application and then within first year get full liceance ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RoisinMur

@chemicals404 I went through the application process late last year & I am sitting on the panel awaiting call up. When applications open there will be a long application form that you need to complete, you have to put in scenario based questions (use actual scenarios you have experienced as your interview will be based on these questions). If they are happy with your application and you meet the criteria (Certain results in Leaving Cert or EMT experience etc) then you are called for an aptitude test, if you get the pass mark then they send off all your documents for sieve check, once that is clear then you will be called for a panel interview - about 2 weeks after that then you will be notified if you are on the panel or not and what your number is. To be active on the panel you have to at least C1 learner - if you progress from the panel into the course then you have to have your full C1 licence within 6 months of starting the course. It is quite a time consuming process to get from application to interview - I completed the application in August and interviews were held in November & then they only take on two classes a year - January & September I believe & generally when you are interviewing there is already a panel ahead of you i.e I interviewed in November but there was already a panel that had been called to fill the January spots so the earliest I will be called is September or even January next year. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wonder 506

@RoisinMur when you were interviewed in November was that for the supplementary panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RoisinMur

@Wonder 506 Yep sure was - I think they always are a panel ahead when they interview as the average wait time to get an EOI from time of interview is 9-12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HannahSpanner

Hi everyone - just wondering for those who started in January (or previous years!) when did you do your tests and interviews in relation to when you received your first EOI?

Also anyone else who did their interviews October 2023 …….has anyone yet to receive an EOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HannahSpanner

deleted

Bump. Anyone else submitting an application for the upcoming cycle?

Also, anyone know how you can those of us who have no experience working in the sector can answer the question regarding experience relevant to the role?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 theone34

I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 hope234

Have people failed at the interview stage or is it a case that your interview isn’t the best that you just get a really high panel number ?

Advertisement