Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I'm back out of bed , @3.15am after lying awake for a few hours in bed .

TA is I got a notification that my delivery is out for delivery, which means I have to put drawers on . Not so trivial is , there’s definitely something wrong with my bed / mattress. Every morning my back is hurting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Can't focus. My TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

I've got a TA from the other day bro. Ended up mis-timing a bus bro and caught the schoolkid rush bro. Not just the vast majority of them vaping on the bus bro, but the pepperiing oof the end of every sentence with the word bro, bro. Where the feck did that come from bro? So annoying bro. 🙉

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i have a dry patch of skin behind my ear where the bottom of the earlobe meets my face. My TA is that I keep picking at it. It is very sore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭StevenToast

TA at people that say "props to" when complimenting something/someone....

TA at people that say "Vibe"

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The amount of spam you get off Free Now when you pre-book a taxi with them. Think I've had six separate emails from them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Same TA : I live close enough to a secondary school and in the morning , lunchtime and evening they all flood to and from school past my place…every 3rd or 4th word is ‘bro’….

” here bro, you playing tonight bro ? Yeah ? I can’t go bro, no lift bro, “…

fûcking bizarre to say the least… I know growing up I never felt the requirement to punctuate sentences with the same nonsensical word just being repeated… it’s like some weird psychological defect that’s managed to permeate their psyche…

I wonder in a couple of years will you call a business… : “ hello bro, welcome to Hertz car hire bro, ok bro, here bro we have, Toyota Corolla bro , Nissan Juke bro “…..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It was "man" back in my day!

Alright man, hey man etc.

Then it changed to dude, it is obviously bro now.

I've a vague recollection of some tv show , Miami Vice is popping into my head, and the lead guy kept saying "man"

It's very much an American thing I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got a delivery last week handled by An Post, first delivery from them in years. Since i got delivery, I've received three scam texts pretending to be an post and looking for customs fees, and i had never received these before.

Not saying there's a connection but deffo one eyebrow raised in suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The ploughing chanpionships are a-coming.

Wall to wall, non stop coverage on rte too. It'll be on every radio show, with tv specials.

I wonder will the financial crisis at rte put an end to all the junkets down to it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Deadly, cool/"kehwl", awesome, sound, whatever, like. All words used, abused and misused by teenagers of all generations over the past 30 odd years. And I'm sure I've forgotten to include quite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It was…

but that was more a greeting thing… “ hey man, do you want to go for beers tonight ? “

Now “ hey bro, I’m thinking bro of going for beers bro, will you and Sean meet us bro ? Ok bro, Smyths at 8 bro “… it’s just repetitive and brain dulling.

fÛCk right off bro😅

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Missed my flight due to the train to the airport stopping for excess time at the 2nd last station. All my running could not have got me there and through security on time. I got rerouted to another flight, same day but a 9 hour stop over in Minneapolis.

Got them too , lately it’s you’ve won a prize from Currys . Just pay the £3 postage and fill out ….blah blah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Adults lately saying "brotha" one friend in particular, she just can't address male friends by name, her and her friends (we've diverged a bit in recent years) just won't **** stop at it.. Boils my piss..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

When you go into a shop and the workers are yattering away to eachother and they continue their conversation before serving you. I think it's the height of rudeness. I have to interrupt them. It wrecks my head how so casual they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Spotify is determined make me a fan of the band Wire. The thing is I've liked (but not exactly loved them) for over 30 years. Anytime I play an album from the 70s or 80s on Spotify, when the album ends, a song by Wire starts up. First it was "Three Girl Rhumba" but eventually I blocked it (even though I like it). Then it was "Ex Lion Tamer" (now also blocked) so they've moved onto "Outdoor Miner".

What's the deal?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Or else they are playing with their phones.

When I worked in retail, back in the Jurassic era, mobile phones on shop floor was an absolute no no. I honestly don't understand how it's allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Yeah nobody cares about the customer anymore. Total disregard shown to them. I don't know why they're not pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

TA was surfing this site last night/early this morn, and the amount of ads was chronic ☹️

#wasn't logged in at the time - mebbe that makes a difference?

nowhere near as bad now that am logged in

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two TA's:

The amount of Irish lads who have being an NFL follower as their entire identity.

Anyone else notice people letting on they speak French because they are over following Ireland at the World Cup? Ye couldn't name 5 players from any other team ye 'educated' melts.

Taxi drivers who literally don't know North from South. Just got into one at the airport and he didn't know the suburb I said. Fine, it happens. So I told him to take Juntion 11 off the M50, and I'm really near the Spawell.

Blank stare for a second, then he goes "Oh yeah, Swords?"

No it's not fcuking Swords. Swords is literally on the opposite end of the M50. Like, I get that you don't know all the place-names but seriously, dude, know your fcuking M50 junctions 😡😡😡

Professional driver me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

maybe he thought you were a tourist and was tryna rip you off by going the long way home/to your destination?

me own TA: "Deli noobs/newbie workers"

pertains to item price as opposed to weighed items, likes of salads etc etc which are pay by weight

get a sandwich or summat and tis like them chung wans they're trying to skimp on fillings..

was in trying to get a burger today in Spar - very narrow timeframe, usually they don't serve em until ~10.30am, but even then ya could be too early/late :(

anyhow, went for ye olde Breakfast Roll this (well y'day, now) morn....

"no sausages" sez she

"okay" , I said , "expect a discount so"...

... didn't really acknowledge me..

got breakfast roll - full price charged: €5.50 .. humflippinbug!!

no eggs neither, which she made no mention of - altho, tbf, i normally forego those, but with no sausages on offer, I would've made an exception 😴😒

don't know how 'new' she was.. some bloke was shootin' breeze with her while he was waiting for his toasted scran..

maybe he knew her from elsewhere, as I don't remember seeing her there before

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Because getting staff is so difficult. You end up tip toeing around them in case they leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The local off licence closed early at 7pm yesterday eve, and the Dunnes across the way was closed also. This meant that I had to make do with 4 takeaway cans of Coors Light from the pub next door. I was charged €15.20 for them also 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Making balsamic veg today, I forgot I was cooking for one and have too much veg for the type of oven I'm using.

Now they will not be properly cooked(not such a ta as I would have to heat them later anyway) and I've wasted electricity on trying to cook them all at the same time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In a group of "women of a certain age" and said how much I hate when the clinic nurse takes one look and automatically goes for the blood pressure cuff and weighing scales.

This brought up a lot of feelings from most of the women there, one spoke up and said we were all triggered(def in my case) and how it never bothers her!

More to this story but taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

I think the overweight and obese are generally treated quite gently these days.

I remember going to see our ancient family doctor when I was in my late teens about 40 years ago.

Having made the appointment because I had an eye infection I was a bit surprised when he dragged the scales out and bid me get on them. As I went to stand on the scales he looked at me and said " Give yourself a chance wouldn't you, and take your coat off "

Post edited by put_the_kettle_on on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement