Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just to warn everyone that not only will it be very wet tomorrow but it will also feel very cold in Dublin anyway with a max of 12 degrees.

I have the kids heavier coats ready to go for tomorrow.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Any chance of less of the doom predictions please! The weather has turned nasty enough without being told how much worse it will get!

It actually might turn out better than forecast as it often does. Let's wait and see.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

We are without hope down here @acequion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wet and dark morning Kildare 11°c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Very wet in West Dublin. Water pooling everywhere already. But it is what it is. At least with it being cool you can just dress for it in proper rain gear, and get in with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cold and wet morning in south Dublin, 24mm rain so far during this event (17mm since midnight) and currently 11.8C and not expecting above 15C today despite being near the sea, stove will be lit tonight!

Wouldn't be surprised to see 40mm+ between the start and finish of the rain.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

I have a warm jumper on and looking forward to a hot chocolate later. Awful day ahead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

An absolute miserable day here in Meath, reminds me how almost every weekend in July played out. It's autumn now so this crap weather is a bit more excusable but at the same time I can't wait to fly away on Monday and get some warmth and sunshine back into my life for one last time before we make our way towards winter.

Horrible in Tralee too. But warm jumpers and hot chocolate is a bit ott imo. But each to his own. It's cool but not jumper cold for me. I have on trousers, runners and a short sleeved top and I'm fine. I might feel a bit cold later in the day at which point I'll grab a cardigan and I will have some heating on tonight. Bad and all as it is it's way too early for winter gear. And hopefully temps will improve after today to at least seasonal values.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The hottest part of summer was in autumn and the coldest part of winter is in spring most of the time 🙃

• Advertisement

There must be serious rain totals totting up since yesterday evening.

A lot of cattle will be coming in 6 weeks before they should and eating winter feed.

As we approach and pass the Equinox less drying of land also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Such a consistent river of rain diagonally across the country.

I'm off to sunnier climates next week thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

What a difference a week makes. This time last week 26c, currently 13c .🍂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Cloudy all day but no rain here. Some sunshine along the Mayo coast

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

I think this is one of the worst type of weather conditions you can get, the dreaded trailing weather front. As mentioned, land will be saturated and won't dry up this time of year. I think all the unsettled weather for the foreseeable future will dilute the beautiful September we started with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I see by then post tropical storm lee is to hit in and around us next week going by national hurricane centre models obviously where a week out but still something to watch

Post edited by Dazler97 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I wonder why the Romans never bothered to come to this island?

If they came this day last week they would have got a better impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well i gave in and put the heating on, just too chilly.

In fairness an hour will do the job, will take away the chill.

Tomorrow hopefully looks dry in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Anyone know what the weather is going to be like next week for the ploughing?

Putting the heat on here too for an hour. I'm frozen. Thermometer in the living room says it's only 16C. Too cold for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

The autumn equinox is often a stormy time. Suppose hurricane season. Spring equinox far less so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Going myself on Tuesday, keeping an eye on it, mostly dry on Sat, quite wet on Sun and showery day on Monday, Weather front set to move up over the country on Tues, timing not certain yet but might not reach Laois until the afternoon some time, could get another 10mm or so on Tuesday, Weds quite windy and showery for part of the day.....will need to watch the track of a deep Low off the W /NW to see how windy it will get, currently gusty over Laois getting up to 70km/h but this could change either way depending on the track, could get another 10 mm or so Weds, Showers on Thurs and maybe breezy.

So in all not the best weather, hopefully not too much rain there the last day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

I might give it a miss this year by the sounds of it. I do enjoy it and bring the kids but not interesting in trudging through mud in the wind and rain. Will keep an eye. Was planning to go Wednesday but could change to Tuesday if needed to. Although by the looks of the charts might be at home dismantling the trampoline for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

For a change we have missed the rain here in Castlebar. Starry night out now with a very bright Jupiter to the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Still miserable in D24, no let up. Can barely see the rain on radar but it's dark, damp and cold. Early winter feel.

Quite cold today in North Kildare - colder than I expected. Damp, breezy, dull. Some very fine misty rain at times, but no real drops. Thankful it's not lashing, but there's no chance of things drying up. But glad to be able to get out without rain gear.

• Advertisement

A nice morning in Tralee. The sunshine is so uplifting even if chilly and only temporary. Will take what we can get.

Advertisement