Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mare Of Easttown | HBO *Spoilers*

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

My 71 year old Dad pointed out that the scene in the church at the end was like something from the Simpsons, where every character in the town shows up to church! I wonder does this actually happen anywhere nowadays
    On that specific day it was, at minimum, morbid curiosity at the return of Deacon Mark, I thought. :o

PS folks looking for more Jean Smart, she stars in a new comedy series called Hacks now.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

My 71 year old Dad pointed out that the scene in the church at the end was like something from the Simpsons, where every character in the town shows up to church! I wonder does this actually happen anywhere nowadays
    Where the show was set, small town Irish and Italian America I'd say it's not far off the mark.
    And as the poster above points out the return of Deacon Mark may have added to the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

bnt wrote: »
    On that specific day it was, at minimum, morbid curiosity at the return of Deacon Mark, I thought. :o

PS folks looking for more Jean Smart, she stars in a new comedy series called Hacks now.

I have Hacks a good go a few weeks ago. Good premise, but the problem is that the two characters, a comedian and a comic writer, just aren't funny. The jokes are crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Yeah, very enjoyable; didn't mind the overt misanthropy. I'd say the Guy Pearce character is kept in reserve for a potential second series for skeletons in a cupboard. Mare's father's background is also ripe for exploitation. The rather upbeat ending is bound to come crashing down again.
    Although the show may be a bit too glum for many, the performances really are great, to back up a surprisingly twisty-turny tale.
    They could take it off to California with Mare visiting Siobhan, though that'd be going down a route that'd ruin the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

Well. That was a brilliant show. Almost walked aaay from it during the first episode. Stuck with it and got hooked. Kate winslet is an amazing actress. Hopefully they line up a second season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As expected many Emmy nominations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭De Bhál

just got around over Christmas to watching this. Great TV

Enjoyed reading through all of the comments here regarding who was the killer etc. I think I had almost everyone one in the show as a suspect at different stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finally got around to watching this. Really enjoyed it. Good cast, and Kate Winslet and Jean Smart are excellent.

I was feeling pretty smug to have figured out what happened only to be given a surprise at the end. Hope it returns at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

You got my hopes up when this thread was bumped. I thought there was another season coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭gipi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Advertisement