Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Congrats on a great win this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

Oh What A Night!!

Fair play to the lads, a super performance in front of a packed EDP. I must say I was quite surprised at how poor Dundalk were tonight, but United were full of energy and pace. A super save from Clarke in the opening minutes set the tone for the evening, I was worried that when we scored so early we’d sit back, but credit to them they drove on, and the game was over by half time.

Is that Dundalk’s 1st choice keeper? He was dreadful under the high ball. Daryl Horgan has some control and range of passing, he just didn’t have many options.

Hopefully a home semifinal now, think the draw is on Monday?

And separate to that, Waterford continue to try hand us the league! Happy Friday 🍻🍻

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭spurshero

A great night . Fantastic atmosphere . Played really well and didn’t let Dundalk settle . Agree with poster above early save was crucial . Expected more of Dundalk being honest but I think they were shocked at how well united played and the tempo . Home semi Would be great !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Best standalone Utd performance in decades I'd go as far as to say. We were unplayable. Too intense, too focused, too hardworking for a poor Dundalk. It was men against boys. I'd take any of the 3 left now at home in the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Surreal game.

I'd never seen a team so completely unable to defend any kind of high ball into the box.

• Advertisement

You weren't at the Harps game a few months back then, now that was a night where a team literally couldn't defend a set piece. I mean Dundalk cleared a few, Harps on the other hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Biggest crowd I've seen in Terryland in many years. Was the attendance announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

It was a sellout so no need.

Christ that was one of the all time great nights at Terryland. Incredible atmosphere and have to say the organisation was really well done, from directing fans to seats right through to the stalwarts pulling pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Are they, ya?

https://www.extratime.com/articles/30611/league-of-ireland-attendances-premier-division-fuels-20-increase-in-crowds/#:~:text=During%20the%202023%20League%20of,397%2C295%20spectators%20have%20attended%20fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Exactly.

Just go to foot.ie. All up there as well.

Hoping for a home draw as well but not against Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I'd be happy with Cork, they're involved in a relegation battle and will have that on their minds.

Home to Bohs. Home draw is all we wanted so that's great.

Toughest draw possible, but it’s at home and it’s a semi final, never gonna be easy, but what a game in prospect!

At least the league should be officially won by then, so no distractions even in the build up.

Exactly, can concentrate on it and hopefully have some of Donelon, Manning, Chief and Horgan back too by then.

Another full house too.

A City United final would be different

Tough game but very happy with the home draw. Very interested to see if this is Saturday (rumored) or Sunday. Can see this selling out well in advance of the match.

Confirmed for Saturday @240pm. Very odd ko time. Rte covering themselves for Rugby that evening it seems.

5pm kick off would have been super for atmosphere.

Rte coverage of LOI is ammature at best. Couldnt give tow hoots

• Advertisement

So tonight could and should finally be the night! Hope anyone travelling down to Tralee has a blast, I’m sickened that I can’t travel, but roll on Monday at EDP to toast the champions!

Tickets for the cup semi final on sale there too, so should draw in a good crowd!

Same boat as yourself. The home games over the next cupla weeks will hopefully make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The only game I've stayed up past midnight to watch here. Great to see the celebrations! Very happy with the kick off time for Saturday on my end too.

A perfect summation of our season tonight. Comfortable, professional, clinical and consistent. Well done the management and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Some change of fortune from the playoff hammering last season. Thought Caulfield was on thin ice then but it looks like Ollie Horgan has made a bit of a difference. Some season so far. Hoping for a spin to the Aviva to top it all off.

Ollie and Collopy have gotten great credit from those close to the camp, big difference makers.

I remember the seethe from all the fans after the loss in Market Fields last year towards Caulfield and in fairness I was one of them that didn't back him to turn the performances around so drastically. The football is the easiest on the eye I've seen following Galway, players like Hurley have driven the team on with massive impacts and the signings have all paid off (Dervin showed his potential last week after a lot of iffy showings).

The feel-good factor is immense and they can focus completely on Bohs. Full credit to the management and players for 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭spurshero

Can we buy tickets for bohs game monday night at the harps match

You can. The lads commentating reckon they'll be all sold out at the Monday game so I wouldn't risk waiting till the Friday Athlone match.

• Advertisement

The hangover was evident in the squad tonight, but still ground out a result against Harps. United were on top the whole game, and created a load of chances, but just couldn’t convert.

Huge crowd for a Monday night, no doubt drawn on to get tickets for the semifinal. On that, it was a pain, surely more than one selling point could have been set up around the ground…..they sold well though!

Onwards to Friday night!

Advertisement